• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Halloween Party!

TaiCrunch

Reaction score
The next BattleSpot tournament is going to be a spooky one!

• 3v3 Battlespot Singles
  • Ghost-types only, Giratina and Rotom are banned
  • All teams must have a Super-Size Gourgeist.

Registration is from October 16th-23rd. Tournament is from October 24th-26th.

Will you be entering? What kind of strategies can you think of?

Haha yeah, that was a given. But at least Shadow Tag is useless in a mono-Ghost tournament. I may very well run one myself, with Dazzling Gleam to take care of the odd Sableyes and Spiritombs.

And don't forget the 1% of teams that will be trying Mega Banette.

Yeah, I'll probably be one of those 1%. :)

As for predictions, I foresee Aegislash will be widely used... That's about it. Also, what are you guys planing to use on your Gourgeist?

Last edited:

As for predictions, I forsee Aegislash will be widely used... That's about it. Also, what are you guys planing to use on your Gourgeist?

If I do play I forsee M-Gengar and Aegislash taking care of everything.

As for predictions, I foresee Aegislash will be widely used... That's about it. Also, what are you guys planing to use on your Gourgeist?

Bulky stall for sure. Protect / Leech Seed / Will-o-Wisp/Toxic / Phantom Force. I might bring out my LumHarvest Trevenant too.

Think I might have a crack at this, not enetered a tourny before so will be my first. Not sure what team to choose yet, Gengar is one of my fave pokemon anyway and I have a decent one so will probs use that. Need to think up a few others.

This one's gonna be even worse than the Fairy Face-Off, heh. Just endless Destiny Bonding, M-Gengar and SwagPlay Sableye. Not to mention Aegislash, ugh.

I wonder if anyone'll try Minimize Drifblim. Ugh, Shedinja, forgot about him, too. So annoying.

I'll just enter for fun. Without Smogon rules, Gen VI is utterly broken.

This one's gonna be even worse than the Fairy Face-Off, heh. Just endless Destiny Bonding, M-Gengar and SwagPlay Sableye. Not to mention Aegislash, ugh.

I wonder if anyone'll try Minimize Drifblim. Ugh, Shedinja, forgot about him, too. So annoying.

Every Pokemon is Ghost Type. Every Pokemon will be running a Ghost move. Dusclops is more of a threat than Shedinja.

I guarantee there will be some people that will be running Minimize Drifblim. Top 5 usage wise will likely be M-Gengar, Aegislash, Sableye, Chandelure, and M-Bannette. Excluding Gourgeist because its too obvious.

EDIT: Built a team and used it quick Showdown. I expect all battles to be like this video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Every Pokemon is Ghost Type. Every Pokemon will be running a Ghost move. Dusclops is more of a threat than Shedinja.

I guarantee there will be quite a few assholes (aka Verlisify fans) that will be running Minimize Drifblim. Top 5 usage wise will likely be M-Gengar, Aegislash, Sableye, Chandelure, and M-Bannette. Excluding Gourgeist because its too obvious.

EDIT: Built a team and used it quick Showdown. I expect all battles to be like this video.

I always forget Ghost is weak to itself. How dumb is that?

Why would you think MBan would be common, though? He sucks, he's like the worst Mega. I'm a terrible competitive player and anytime any opponent has ever sent MBan at me, I've killed it before it can do anything meaningful to my team.

Mega-Gengar, Aegislash, Spiritomb. What more could you possibly need?

I'm also thinking about training a Drifblim and Chandelure as backups; Chandelure in particular would be useful in pretty much wiping any Gourgeists people try to use.

And who knows, I might even use the Gourgeist for variety.

If I were playing (which I would be if I bothered to breed :D), I'd actually run a Mega Banette with max Atk and Shadow Sneak+SClaw, then Chandelure + Gengar + Mismagius with any combination of Specs, Scarf, and LO (would probably slap Specs onto something that gets Dazzling Gleam to prevent any Sableye shenanigans), obligatory Gourgeist, and Golurk to prevent Minimize shenanigans

If I were playing (which I would be if I bothered to breed :D), I'd actually run a Mega Banette with max Atk and Shadow Sneak+SClaw, then Chandelure + Gengar + Mismagius with any combination of Specs, Scarf, and LO (would probably slap Specs onto something that gets Dazzling Gleam to prevent any Sableye shenanigans), obligatory Gourgeist, and Golurk to prevent Minimize shenanigans

Scarf Gengar beats the shit out of anything that isn't Sableye or Spriritomb.

tumblr_inline_n5u0xtXbcw1ryxhvf.jpg

252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 260-308 (99.2 - 117.5%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Golurk: 312-368 (81.8 - 96.5%)
252+ Atk Iron Fist Golurk Shadow Punch vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 378-446 (141 - 166.4%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 116-138 (40.8 - 48.5%)*
0 Atk Dusclops Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 98-116 (37.4 - 44.2%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dusknoir: 204-240 (69.3 - 81.6%)
4+ Atk Dusknoir Shadow Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 218-258 (83.2 - 98.4%)
252+ Atk Dusknoir Shadow Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 270-320 (103 - 122.1%)
4+ Atk Dusknoir Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 146-174 (55.7 - 66.4%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 186-218 (46.1 - 54%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Jellicent Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 80 SpD Gengar: 174-206 (66.4 - 78.6%)

*There is no point in running Dusclops with Def as opposed to SpDef, because Gourgeist-Super is obligatory
Spiritomb will also enjoy Sucker Punching everything that is weak to it, namely everything bar itself and Sableye, so it doing some thinking during the match in order to at least burn it will be obligatory

tumblr_inline_n5u0xtXbcw1ryxhvf.jpg

252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 260-308 (99.2 - 117.5%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Golurk: 312-368 (81.8 - 96.5%)
252+ Atk Iron Fist Golurk Shadow Punch vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 378-446 (141 - 166.4%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 116-138 (40.8 - 48.5%)*
0 Atk Dusclops Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 98-116 (37.4 - 44.2%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dusknoir: 204-240 (69.3 - 81.6%)
4+ Atk Dusknoir Shadow Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 218-258 (83.2 - 98.4%)
252+ Atk Dusknoir Shadow Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 270-320 (103 - 122.1%)
4+ Atk Dusknoir Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 146-174 (55.7 - 66.4%)

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 186-218 (46.1 - 54%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Jellicent Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 80 SpD Gengar: 174-206 (66.4 - 78.6%)

*There is no point in running Dusclops with Def as opposed to SpDef, because Gourgeist-Super is obligatory
Spiritomb will also enjoy Sucker Punching everything that is weak to it, namely everything bar itself and Sableye, so it doing some thinking during the match in order to at least burn it will be obligatory

Scarf Gengar sure as hell beats the shit out of M-Gengar. Plus you seriously think there are going to be many people running teams that aren't M-Gengar/Dusclops/Sableye/Aegislash/Chandelure/Gourgeist. That group of 6 is easily the first 6 that comes to anyone's mind. Sableye is only being ran so that M-Gengar doesn't rip through every team.

I have been battling on Showdown for the past hour or so and I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen any Froslass. I was using one on my team and I must say, between all the Gourgeist, Trevenant, Golurk, and Drifblim running around, she's proved to be quite useful. Her speed is pretty good and her ice-type moves are nice to have.

If I end up actually participating, I'll definitely be using one.

Ok, I might be stupid, but doesn't it say in the very first post that EVERY SINGLE TEAM must use a Super Size Gourgeist and can only be 3 ghosts? So how on earth will some of you have a team of Gengar, Banette, Aegislash, Golurk, Spiritomb and Froslass if you can only essentially pick two and get saddled with a Gourgeist? o_O

Ok, I might be stupid, but doesn't it say in the very first post that EVERY SINGLE TEAM must use a Super Size Gourgeist and can only be 3 ghosts? So how on earth will some of you have a team of Gengar, Banette, Aegislash, Golurk, Spiritomb and Froslass if you can only essentially pick two and get saddled with a Gourgeist? o_O

Its bring 6, pick 3. Gourgeist just has to be on your team. You don't have to use it every battle.

Its bring 6, pick 3. Gourgeist just has to be on your team. You don't have to use it every battle.

OHHHH! I'm dumb. :p Then I'd probably do Spiritomb, M-Gengar and Aegislash. ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom