• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Halloween Party!

Ok, I might be stupid, but doesn't it say in the very first post that EVERY SINGLE TEAM must use a Super Size Gourgeist and can only be 3 ghosts? So how on earth will some of you have a team of Gengar, Banette, Aegislash, Golurk, Spiritomb and Froslass if you can only essentially pick two and get saddled with a Gourgeist? o_O

Its bring 6, pick 3. Gourgeist just has to be on your team. You don't have to use it every battle.

OHHHH! I'm dumb. :p Then I'd probably do Spiritomb, M-Gengar and Aegislash. ^_^

Wouldn't focus too much on M-Gengar too much. You'll be unlikely to run into it but 252+ SpA Shadow Ball from a Scarf Gengar OHKOs and defeats M-Gengar all day.

I just realized that the Ghost Types don't all have to be found in X and Y, just hatched.

Which means I'm packing a Cofagrigus. Nobody will think to see THAT coming, hehehe.

I kinda lost interest in it for some reason. It could be because I've been playing various non-Pokémon games recently, but I just don't feel like participating.

You have to USE Gourgeist as one of your three mons EVERY BATTLE?!?!?!

They never said that!! I just threw a random Super-size Gourgeist onto my team to meet the requirement, I didn't actually train it up. So I'm screwed! I lose by default because everyone else has hacked shiny bull**** mons.

THANKS FOR BEING CLEAR ON THAT ONE, NINTENDO!

I'm going to enter since I want the Rare Candies, but I don't expect to win much. Though, I do have my hopes on Froslass.

EDIT: oh, I'll have to breed a Super-Sized Pumpkaboo *sigh* hope I can meet the deadline.

EDIT: welp, too bad missed the deadline

Last edited:

They never said that!! I just threw a random Super-size Gourgeist onto my team to meet the requirement, I didn't actually train it up. So I'm screwed! I lose by default because everyone else has hacked shiny bull**** mons.

really? i thought the wording clearly said 'in your party', nothing about using it..

so people are cheating/using hacked pokemon?

Oh wow, that's some bullshit.

Guess it's a good thing I've been more into Smash Bros. lately.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is one of the reasons why I tend to give a hefty "Fuck off"* to these "tournaments" :D

*to be pronounced with a VERY thick Russian accent

won 15 lost 15.. one of those losses was a disconnect on my part.. I say my part, morelike 3ds/nintendo's part.

on balance it was pretty fair to be honest, not half of the antics i was expecting to encounter.. my only observation was that there were a LOT of shinies, which did make me raise a brow or two.

won 15 lost 15.. one of those losses was a disconnect on my part.. I say my part, morelike 3ds/nintendo's part.

on balance it was pretty fair to be honest, not half of the antics i was expecting to encounter.. my only observation was that there were a LOT of shinies, which did make me raise a brow or two.

I'm sure a majority was Gengar, but that still doesn't mean that they weren't hacks.

I'm sure a majority was Gengar, but that still doesn't mean that they weren't hacks.

I actually only saw one shiny gengar.. lots of other random shinies tho. shiny chandelure looked pretty cool, orange flames.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom