• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hallow's Music Blurbs

Pastellorama

Reaction score
So, yeah, I'm very involved in music. However, I don't record myself singing or playing a lot--because it's never as good as I want and I get all freaked out.

However, I decided to record myself playing some of Arrival to Earth by Steve Jablonsky on the piano. I'm playing it much slower than normal, because I felt it was prettier that way and I didn't want to botch it up a ton XD.

[video=youtube;pQ5ALe3O3gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5ALe3O3gc[/video]

Umm... my music thread will not be update often and will probably be very sporadically updated--if it doesn't somehow get buried XD. Okay, bye!

Yay you posted! Your piano playing was quite lovely; I can't offer much critique since I'm not a player, though. Just wanted to offer my support and say keep it up! You haaaaaaave to post a lot more. :D

Yay you posted! Your piano playing was quite lovely; I can't offer much critique since I'm not a player, though. Just wanted to offer my support and say keep it up! You haaaaaaave to post a lot more. :D

Note: I will only do blurbs, short pieces of songs--because I mess up a lot and confuse myself XD. And sometimes people walk through the house while I'm playing piano and it messes everything up. So, yeah.

So, pick a song!
Turkish March
The Tailor Shop on Enbizaka
Hungarian Dance
In the Hall of the Mountain King

Also, there's another option--you can also have me playing random stuff XD I'm good at that.

Last edited:
I love piano!! It's one of my favorite instruments to listen too. I don't know Arrival On Earth so I don't know how it sounds faster, but I thought it worked really well at a slower pace. If you get a chance, you should try to record songs for a bit longer!

And if you get the chance, can you please play Hungarian Dance?

That was amazing. Your really good at playing the piano from what I heard in the video.

[video=youtube;77OsR91Dfr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77OsR91Dfr8[/video]

There, that one was a whole 2 seconds longer than the last XD

Thank you guys, a lot--also, lookie my nails 8D! *they're fake*

@Paperhorse ; I'll do Hungarian Dance next. I maaaaay actually play the *whole song (it's a shortened version but is basically the whole song XD)

That was fantastic! Thank you very much for doing it. :) And your nails are vewy pwetty.

I'm excited to hear your "Hungarian Dance" cover now. :D

[video=youtube;X2XTttbxmq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2XTttbxmq4[/video]

HAHA! Finally got it up! This is the Treasure Valley Honor Band playing Empire by Julie Giroux. TVHB is a band that requires auditions to get into--there's only about three practices that last about two hours each and then two more practices, each eight hours. For all the other time, you have to learn it yourself.

I am in TVHB so I am in there playing my Tenor Sax. I loved this piece so much X3

Very nice stuff! I look forward to hearing more.

I want to hear you just mess around playing random stuff, I think that would be fun.

Thanks you guys =) I'll try and get Hungarian Dance up next, when I have the time.

Wow, the Treasure Valley Honor Band you were a part of sounds magnificent!

At first, it sounds like everything's playful and peaceful, like the beginning of a movie set in medieval times. Then, at about mid-song, the mood changes; it sounds like the onset of battle, like there's a sense of growing urgency with a bit of trouble thrown in. Next, it sounds like victory; the battle's over. Finally, at around 5:35, it sounds like the ending credits to the movie.

Sorry if I sounded completely off, but those were my thoughts on the piece. ^^;

Wow, the Treasure Valley Honor Band you were a part of sounds magnificent!

At first, it sounds like everything's playful and peaceful, like the beginning of a movie set in medieval times. Then, at about mid-song, the mood changes; it sounds like the onset of battle, like there's a sense of growing urgency with a bit of trouble thrown in. Next, it sounds like victory; the battle's over. Finally, at around 5:35, it sounds like the ending credits to the movie.

Sorry if I sounded completely off, but those were my thoughts on the piece. ^^;

You are so like me... you invent a story and then enjoy this entire mini-movie inside your head through the whole thing XD, right right? I loved playing Empire the most--I got chills playing it. It pisses me off that you can hear someone drop a drumstick though >_> SEVERAL TIMES stupid drummers

[video=youtube;6I8xH2hLR2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8xH2hLR2o[/video]

An exchange student of ours gave my mom an Ocarina yesterday--so she let me play with it. I couldn't find the piano accompaniment in the right key, so I went and made it myself. Whenever I can't find the music I need, I go to Noteflight and make it myself.

Enjoy!

Piano's slightly out of key. But the ocarina sounds awesome!

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention--haha--the piano you hear with the ocarina is actually a computer, I didn't want to go record myself on the piano so I just used a digital piano XD

Gotcha! MIDI pianos are a pain in the rear, it's hard to get them to sound nice. No points off for it. :p

OMG Halloooooooooooooow. I love this piece from Ocarina of Time; you have no idea how nostalgic this is for me. ;_; That was so pretty, but like Laterose, I think the piano (or imitation piano) was slightly off. Still, beautiful. :)

Back
Top Bottom