• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Handheld-only Nintendo Switch Lite announced: Pokémon Sword, Shield special edition to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Handheld-only Nintendo Switch Lite announced: Pokémon Sword, Shield special edition to be released

Nintendo have announced the Nintendo Switch Lite, a handheld-only variant of the Nintendo Switch. It will be released worldwide on September 20, 2019.

Continue reading...

A little bit mad the Switch is barely 2 years old if that.

I keep hearing “there’s gonna be drift like the joy cons and then you have to send the whole thing in for repairs”.

But with all the tweaks they’re making, like removing the camera and hd rumble, I can’t imagine they won’t be working on fixing it for the dedicated handheld.

Sorry, but I prefer the TV mode more myself. When it comes to handheld, I only bring along games that utilize the D-pad for movement, like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze or Super Mario Maker 2.

A little bit mad the Switch is barely 2 years old if that.
Well, the DS and the GBA also got upgrades more or less at the same point, so I guess this is not out of place. Still prefer normal Switch because I don't want to limit myself to only portable mode. Seeing how I also want LGPE, I don't want to be locked out of games that need motion controls.

Kind of defeats the purpose of it being called a Switch, but I guess that's one of the reasons why they call it a lite version. But at least people now can buy their handheld only Switch that some have been wanting since the original's launch, and it's smaller size makes it a lot better for portability. It also has slightly better battery life, so that's nice too. I really like the Zacian and Zamazenta edition though, very cool looking.

Kind of defeats the purpose of it being called a Switch, but I guess that's one of the reasons why they call it a lite version. But at least people now can buy their handheld only Switch that some have been wanting since the original's launch, and it's smaller size makes it a lot better for portability. It also has slightly better battery life, so that's nice too. I really like the Zacian and Zamazenta edition though, very cool looking.

The battery lasts longer 30 mins to an hour I’m told. It’s actually a cheaper smaller battery just has a smaller screen and lower res than the original. Disappointed they could have kept the same battery or and even bigger one for 2 - 4 hours more and I’d have considered it.

Sad thing is this will probably be on the list for Santa knowing my kids.

Well, the DS and the GBA also got upgrades more or less at the same point, so I guess this is not out of place. Still prefer normal Switch because I don't want to limit myself to only portable mode. Seeing how I also want LGPE, I don't want to be locked out of games that need motion controls.

Very true and it must have some motion control they’d not prevent recent games like LGPE from playing. Wonder if Pokémon Go will get ported?

The battery lasts longer 30 mins to an hour I’m told. It’s actually a cheaper smaller battery just has a smaller screen and lower res than the original. Disappointed they could have kept the same battery or and even bigger one for 2 - 4 hours more and I’d have considered it.

Not to rain on your or anybody else's parade, but this is sort of one of the main reasons I have chosen not to get it over the Switch. I prefer bigger and higher res, and so to this, a $100 cut doesn't sit right with me. Not that it is cutting corners, but I am willing to be more patient and save up to get the original switch.

I love the idea of it. I know there are a lot of people who are looking for a cheaper Switch option and are willing to give up the TV dock experience for that. So I know these people will be very happy to have this option. No, it doesn't have all of the Switch's functionality, but it still plays the majority of games fine it seems. And it looks really sleek. Super happy for all yall who can get Switches now.

Not to rain on your or anybody else's parade, but this is sort of one of the main reasons I have chosen not to get it over the Switch. I prefer bigger and higher res, and so to this, a $100 cut doesn't sit right with me. Not that it is cutting corners, but I am willing to be more patient and save up to get the original switch.

No that’s fine I actually agree with you on that I am lucky I got to get the Switch preordered it. I don’t really see the need for it the Switch isn’t that big to make it less portable. I’ll maybe get them for the kids and who knows might get one if it has a good bundle in a year or two.

Like you said no problems with anyone who wants it just not for me.

I don't really need the TV connection so I'm glad to hear the announcement.

I prefer to play Pokémon handheld as much as I wanted it on the TV just feels wrong. Could never play Xenoblade 2 or Splatoon handheld too difficult it’s worth considering. If you do get one eventually would love to hear how you find it.

I always play my games handheld unless I absolutely cannot do so, so I'm gonna get this once I make some more money at my job.

Strangely I’m the same perhaps the smaller size will help but I cannot play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Splatoon 2 in handheld physically not possible for my little girl hands.

I can’t play LGPE on the TV it gives me a headache. Hopefully it’s different with SW/SH.

I keep hearing “there’s gonna be drift like the joy cons and then you have to send the whole thing in for repairs”.

But with all the tweaks they’re making, like removing the camera and hd rumble, I can’t imagine they won’t be working on fixing it for the dedicated handheld.
Didn't you just have to recalibrate the joycons? That's what I did when the joy stick was drifting.

I’ve honestly had no drift on any of our joycons we have 3 Switches plus maybe 10 pairs of joycons (limted ones mostly gifted to me or the kids).

This is what I'm extremely hoping for, but it really remains to be seen.

And I don't hold high hopes for it either. The drift issue has been known for a long time, and yet it's never been corrected with the newer Joy-Cons they released. Even the new Pro Controllers still has the d-pad issue that's been present since day 1.

And no, recalibrating the joysticks does not necessarily help. It has helped for some people, but only if it's a minor problem. I have drift in both of my Joy-Cons and I have tried recalibrating them dozens of times. The real issue is dust. Tiny specks of dust get into the insides and then you have to dismantle the entire thing just to clean it. That or it is caused by the product breaking because of how fragile it is. Nintendo normally has better quality standards than this, so I have to say I'm disappointed in the quality of the Joy-Cons. Still lowkey hoping they actually will release a corrected pair, but again, I'm skeptic that'll happen.

The power of these consoles seems to be nerfered. Santa will bring them for the kids probably but ai’m not sure I want one as we already have multiple OG Switches I can use for trading/events.

New Switch OG model model with improved battery coming in August starting to hate Nintendo for all this crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom