• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Handsome/Looker to appear in Best Wishes! Anime

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
Today on Pokemon Smash, their character Handsome Yamamoto announced that Handsome will be in Best Wishes anime, and it showed a small image of Handsome driving in a car with Professor Juniper.

Question is -- is he dealing with the Rockets, or Team Plasma?! And how far away is his appearance?!

EDIT: aaaaand pics!
bwhandsome1.jpg

bwhandsome2.jpg

Last edited:
Looker is probably doing what he does best: Looking out for any suspicious behavior and schemes and stopping said problems. In other words, hes probably going to appear in some of the episodes where Team Rocket and/or Team Plasm are causing trouble.

Ah, so that's why they played his awesome BGM in actual music form! This is awesome!

It would be awesome if he appear in some episode where TR is causing trouble, since they seem to have a lot of respect for him.

Let's hope Ash recognizes him when they meet.
Of course he will. Iris/Dento will probably then ask how he knows him and Ash will say 'oh yeah because me and him helped defeat a huge evil organisation and brought two legendaries back into their calm state using legendary pokemon me and my old friends connected with'.

Yay! Glad to see Looker back. If he's back in the show then hopefully we get to see characters like N soon.

Since he is a member of the International Police, Looker never surprised me as making a game appearance.

Looker was featured at the end of the Black and White games (main story), telling the playable character to help him look for six of the seven sages in Team Plasma.

That said, the anime is consistent with events in the games. With Handsome making an appearance in Best Wishes, I am confident that the writers will finally unveil Team Plasma for us.

Looker could go after Team Rocket as well. Remember in Episode 10 of Best Wishes, an Officer Jenny notifies the TRio that "they are wanted all across the Isshu (Unova) region." Looker is a member of the International Police. With Giovanni confirmed to arrive into Unova soon, there's absolutely no telling what will happen.

I am hoping Looker participates in battles against both fronts. Even though Team Rocket's appearances in recent episodes are sparse, it is clear that the organization is preparing themselves for something big; it will no doubt affect the sanctity of the Unova region, where he will be assigned. In turn, that could lead to Team Plasma "surfacing," if you may.

There would be no reason for Yamamoto-san to reveal his role as Handsome if he had not already been asked to dub the character in an episode airing very soon. I'd say give or take Looker will make his first BW appearance within the next 10 episodes.

So in February we have the Meteonite arc finishing up, Plasma-Dan appearing, and Handsome showing up to investigate them?!

Damn this is gonna be an awesome month. :-D

Woo Hoo! Looker was awesome in DP, but I always felt he never really got a chance to shine! Seeing him and the Rockets interact will definitely be interesting.

Of course he will. Iris/Dento will probably then ask how he knows him and Ash will say 'oh yeah because me and him helped defeat a huge evil organisation and brought two legendaries back into their calm state using legendary pokemon me and my old friends connected with'.

Leaving Iris and Cilan speechless.

Yes! I'm excited to hear that Looker will be returning. We didn't see enough of his BA'ness when he appeared in DP (though what we did receive impressed me). If Ash recognizes him it also means continuity, which is always great.

I can't imagine new!TR being like, "Lunchbox man?!"

THIS PROVES BEST WISHES IS NO REBOOT THHHHHHHHHHANK GOD!

Hassamu/Looker is appearin' again yes!

The first episode of Best Wishes proved it wasn't a reboot...

But it will be interesting to see the TRio's reaction to him. Hopefully they attack him right away to show they're strong now.

I hope Handsome at least recognizes the Rockets. That alone would make me happy!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom