• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hap Art

bluering8

Reaction score
Hello Bulbagarden humans! I've been on a pokeymans drawing kick recently, so let's be wildly optimistic about pretending I might manage to be active on a forum for once in my life. Which is to say let's start an art thread.

Fanart of Gil the golett for my good buddy @unrepentantAuthor 's very cute and nice fanfiction, Dispatch Deferred:

A bunch of gengars!! Gengar is a super fun pokemon to draw as it turns out.

Sketch of my pokemon team, feat. malamar, feraligatr, gengar, victreebel, tyrantrum, and ampharos. I'll do a proper lineart/colour deal for this at uhhhh some time in the hypothetical future maybe perhaps.

If you would like to spend some time admiring my non-pokeymans art, I have an art tag on my tumblr and/or a twitter account where I mostly just post art because I don't understand how twitter works and I refuse to learn.

October!! I'm not doing Inktober this month because I'm doing NaNoWriMo next month and I'm only masochistic enough to do one of those things, but here's a deoxys I drew during last year's Inktober:

The outfit I was wearing today reminded me a little of the SwSh male protagonist, so I fooled around trying to draw myself in pokeymans gaem style. A very frustrating experiment! I like to make sort of... angular curves? But everything in the pokemon style is much softer and more evenly rounded.
(Very Important Personal Hap Opinion Time, I hate how the characters' limbs have been getting steadily thinner. How am I supposed to trot around a region on these delicate gazelle-like sticks? Bring back the stocky legs you cowards!!)
EDIT: cue belated realisation that I forgot to draw my glasses, whoops. I like the picture without 'em, so have an alt version:

Usually it's a pain to find any kind of reference for my glasses, but fortunately ORAS Maxie's specs are a perfect reference right down to the weirdly flat line across the top.
EDIT 2: cue even more belated realisation that I drew the zipper on my jacket backwards, whoops. IT'S FINE I FIXED IT.

Also a couple of doodles I did for the Sketch the Above thread:

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous work as always, mate.

When I first saw that self-pic, I genuinely thought it might be official art or else made using an official app of some kind. It's spot on, and I STRONGLY APPROVE.

Finished that pokemon team sketch WIP from the first post.
I didn't realise it until now but they kind of make a rainbow! ...and as inevitably happens whenever I spend too long thinking about colour-coded team line-ups, my brain fills with mahou shoujo enthusiasm and now I have a sudden urge to design magical girl pokemon gijinkas.

Drew a pair of ecoterrorist morons because I wholeheartedly and unabashedly love their ORAS redesigns.
The RSE designs are just... perfectly decent evil team leader guys, like RSE Maxie hits that vaguely sinister cult-leader vibe in the dorkiest way possible and RSE Archie forgot to put a shirt on today but that's fine, he's got a stressful job and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Meanwhile ORAS Maxie is is peak what's this nerd doing out of his locker someone shove him back in there STAT and ORAS Archie went straight for the skintight-bodysuit-unzipped-to-the-navel look. Absolutely wild, just utterly Unparalleled.

A couple doodles of Mewtwo.

And a deoxys because it's my favourite legendary.

I had to shrink this down so many times before Bulbagarden finally stopped telling me the file was too large.

Thinking about doodling the original 151 pokemon because I am too coward to even contemplate the full pokedex. I tried doing this exact thing before a few years ago and only made it to sandslash, but I've improved a lot when it comes to following through on commitments OR POSSIBLY HAVING FAILED TO LEARN FROM HISTORY I WILL BE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT, let's find out!!

Variant-design delphox because I bribed @unrepentantAuthor into drawing a delphox by promising I'd draw one for them if they did.

tbh "pirate on a mission to awaken an ancient godmonster for the purpose of eradicating humanity" is basically my dream job.

And another couple of Sketch the Above doodles:

I could hardly be more pleased with that phox. I'm newly thrilled every time I look at the art.

Cute doodles, bud!

November art roundup! I feel like I was reasonably productive this month despite focusing on NaNoWriMo for most of it.

New icon! Which will stick around until I stop being hype about SwSh and decide to switch back to my usual octopus, I guess.

And more Sketch-the-Above:

Quick December art roundup before the New Year hits! I've been drawing a lot recently but most of it's not stuff I feel like sharing.

Gogoat based on a British primitive goat for @unrepentantAuthor as a reward for completing a 10% NaNoWriMo:
bike goat small.png

BIKE GOAT BIKE GOAT IT'S A BIKE IT'S A GOAT IT'S (GUITAR SOLO) BIKE GOOOAT!!!

A friend's been designing a pokemon RPG, so I drew my planned PC for that: Ridley Blackwood, over-curious and under-cautious ghost-type fanboy. His goals are to cause problems (on accident) and break into haunted houses (on purpose) and catch a missingno (maybe).
ridley blackwood small.png

And a non-pokemon doodle! frog.
BIRTHDAY FROGGE.png

Back
Top Bottom