• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Happiness Is... This (One Shot)

Duck and Robin
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Duck son meets his baby sister.

Rated EVERYONE. There's, like, one line of brief implied sexual content, but it's pretty blink-and-you'll-miss-it. This is so fricking fluffy and sweet.

Things were okay.

Ferdinand was okay. Mamá and Babá and Papá were okay. But most of all, Ferdinand’s new baby sister, Robin, was okay.

Ferdinand flew up to perch on the edge of Robin’s crib. She was a tiny baby, even smaller than Ferdinand, and she had fluffs of head feathers that were the same color as Babá’s.

Ferdinand couldn’t help but beam with pride. He was a big brother now—un hermano mayor. He had a lot of important responsibilities now, like protecting Robin, or helping his parents with taking care of her.

"Ferdinand? It’s bedtime."

Babá was standing in the doorway, and Tía Vivi was right behind him. They both looked… sleepy. Sleepy, but happy.

"I’m going to stay up with Victoria so Winona can sleep. Why don’t we tuck you into bed—"

("No! I need to stay with Robin!") Ferdinand quacked. ("I need to protect her!")

Babá sighed and smiled. "But Babá is here to protect Robin. Ferdinand needs sleep."

Ferdinand flew down to the floor. ("But I want to help!")

Babá chuckled as he picked up Ferdinand. "All right, you can sit with me and help."

-

Babá had fallen asleep in the rocking chair, Tía Vivi coiled around him like a powerful guardian.

Ferdinand watched Robin from where he sat in Babá’s lap. He had to stay up all night so he could protect her from the dangers of the darkness, like monsters, or robbers, or… monster robbers…

-

Ferdinand woke up to the faint sounds of crying. Wait—woke up?! He had fallen asleep! What if someone had hurt Robin?!

Robin was weakly crying, but she was still in her crib. She hadn’t been kidnapped. But something was still wrong. Ferdinand jumped out of Babá’s lap, quacking to wake him up.

It worked! Babá woke up. And quicker than the wind, he was at the crib.

"Shh… Robin, eínai entáxei. Babá eínai edó. Babá eínai edó…"

Babá picked up Robin and held her in his arms as he sat back in the rocking chair. Tía Vivi circled around them, tail ready to strike any evildoers.

"It’s okay, Ferdinand," Babá whispered, "this is her scared cry; she’s just getting used to her new environment."

("Scared?!") Ferdinand ran back over to the chair. ("I need to protect her!")

The door opened. It was Papá!

"Steven," Babá sighed, "don’t tell me I was too loud. Now Winona’s going to wake up."

"No," Papá said. "I just coincidentally woke up when Robin was crying. Call it… paternal instinct."

Babá shook his head. "You think Winona has a maternal instinct like that?"

"Now what’s going on in here?"

Mamá appeared right behind Papá, along with Tía Rori. Babá shook his head playfully.

"Darling, shouldn’t you be asleep?" he asked.

"What about you?" Mamá responded. "Back at the hospital, you didn’t sleep for three nights straight."

"I’m not the one who was pregnant for seven months, went through labor, and gave birth."

"Hey, but you at least had a part in making the baby," Papá said. "If anything, I should be the only one awake."

Mamá hugged Papá. "That doesn’t make you any less of a parent. You're just as much a parent as me or Wallace."

Papá nodded. "I'll do my best to teach the kid about important parts of life... like rocks."

Mamá hummed for a bit. "Rocks... our baby's going to know so much about rocks. And birds. And oceans. And ducks."

She let go of Papá and walked over to Ferdinand.

"Ferdinand, let’s wash our wings. You’re going to hold the baby."

-

Mamá held Ferdinand as she knelt in front of Babá. Papá stood behind the rocking chair, holding the back. Tía Vivi and Tía Rori surrounded them. Ferdinand felt so safe and so loved. This was a good family. Robin was a lucky human-baby.

Mamá had told Ferdinand that babies couldn’t see very far, so she leaned forward so Robin and Ferdinand could see each other. When Robin’s eyes met Ferdinand's, she stopped crying and made cooing human-baby noises. She held out her hands towards Ferdinand’s, who took them in his wings.

("Hello, Robin! My name is Ferdinand! I’m so happy to be your big brother, and I’m so happy you’re a part of mi familia!")

I have said it before, I shall say it again, Ferdinand is a treasure.

Don't have time to leave a proper review right now, unfortunately, but I wanted to let you know this story is pretty much the first thing I saw yesterday morning, and it was a wonderfully wholesome start to the day. Enjoyed this very much.

This is so fricking fluffy and sweet.
yes!!!!!!!!!! This is what I live for!! LOL

Things were okay.

Ferdinand was okay. Mamá and Babá and Papá were okay. But most of all, Ferdinand’s new baby sister, Robin, was okay.

Ferdinand flew up to perch on the edge of Robin’s crib. She was a tiny baby, even smaller than Ferdinand, and she had fluffs of head feathers that were the same color as Babá’s.

Ferdinand couldn’t help but beam with pride. He was a big brother now—un hermano mayor.
I will say it multiple times but I love how torchic mixes languages in his writing!! It feels very natural!
He had a lot of important responsibilities now, like protecting Robin, or helping his parents with taking care of her.

"Ferdinand? It’s bedtime."

Babá was standing in the doorway, and Tía Vivi was right behind him. They both looked… sleepy. Sleepy, but happy.
It took me a second to remember who Tía Vivi was (wait I don't remember another person in DaiMikuNagi,..), but I love the idea of Ferdinand's family's Pokémon being his family too! I guess it makes sense anyways lol.
Ferdinand watched Robin from where he sat in Babá’s lap. He had to stay up all night so he could protect her from the dangers of the darkness, like monsters, or robbers, or… monster robbers…
Not sure why, but this gave me the mental image of Pirate Ferdinand, whiiiich... I'm probably going to end up drawing tonight LOL.
Babá picked up Robin and held her in his arms as he sat back in the rocking chair. Tía Vivi circled around them, tail ready to strike any evildoers.
OMG she's just like Ferdinand, thank you Victoria..
"It’s okay, Ferdinand," Babá whispered, "this is her scared cry; she’s just getting used to her new environment."

("Scared?!") Ferdinand ran back over to the chair. ("I need to protect her!")

The door opened. It was Papá!
90s sitcom crowd cheers
"I’m not the one who was pregnant for seven months, went through labor, and gave birth."
omg early baby robin, just like me!! Good thing that she's healthy, being a preemie can be rough at times..
"Hey, but you at least had a part in making the baby," Papá said. "If anything, I should be the only one awake."

Mamá hugged Papá. "That doesn’t make you any less of a parent. You're just as much a parent as me or Wallace."
AWW good morals here!! Steven will be a great Papá to everyone!!
Papá nodded. "I'll do my best to teach the kid about important parts of life... like rocks."

Mamá hummed for a bit. "Rocks... our baby's going to know so much about rocks. And birds. And oceans. And ducks."
and magical girls and magical girls loukía will steal her to watch shoujo anime with her
She let go of Papá and walked over to Ferdinand.

"Ferdinand, let’s wash our wings. You’re going to hold the baby."
random but I really do enjoy the 'let's wash our wings' line, because it like... it makes the two feel a little more connected! Winona is a bird.. ...
("Hello, Robin! My name is Ferdinand! I’m so happy to be your big brother, and I’m so happy you’re a part of mi familia!")
THIS WAS CUTE... loukía appearance when?? i want her to visit Ferdinand..

I'm glad that everything is nice for Ferdinand! A good family is a great thing... thank you for making this torchic!!

Awwww, this was such a cute story! I especially loved the ending line, for a couple reasons. One being that it genuinely felt like a high note to end the fluffy story overall on and another being that it actually felt quite open-ended at the same time. It gave "a new adventure!" kind of vibes, if you know what I mean.

I must admit I am a liiiittllee bit confused at the characters and the like-originally I thought Robin was Ferdinand's biological little sister, but I personally think it doesn't detract much from the overall idea of Ferdinand being a little up-start trying to be a good big brother. X3
She hadn’t been kidnapped.
This line. I love it so much. XD It's very abrupt, which is a good way to showcase Ferdinand's over-protectiveness and eagerness. Like, "I fell asleep for a little bit? THIS MUST MEAN SOMEBODY GOT KIDNAPPED". Sounds like something I might say, honestly. XP

Anyway, I am trying to rectify my mistake of not really reviewing other people's stories on this sub-forum, lol. I post myself but barely review others' stories, it comes off as a tad rude. XD So...I am starting with you. X3

(That, and, perfectionism telling me I must write like a whole essay on how well a person wrote and what the main idea is and who my favorite characters were and the symbolism and...yeah, you get the gist.)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom