• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Happy birthday, #bulbagarden

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
#bulbagarden (the chat) is officially ten years old today. I started it in early March of 2005 - sadly, the exact day is lost to time - so I thought I'd make a note here. I don't really have any impressive speeches or anything, but I would like to say thanks to all the people who have participated in it, from the earliest days (hi Winter, Kadabra, Kasumi, Ice Rabbit, Chosen of Mana, Dratini927, etc...) to the current list of scalawags in the chat, of which there are 62, minus some number of bots :B The chat's been through ups and downs, through three different servers (if you remember that the chat was originally on Your-IRC, give yourself a cookie!) But it's still a pretty good group of people, even if it gets really raunchy at times, and is often full of drama :p

So here's to another ten years. Maybe I'll have a social life in 2025.

adcCMQH.jpg

As a person who first visited in late 2005, started visiting regularly in 2006, and worked his way from the bottom to the top, I wanna also wish the chat a Happy Birthday.

I kinda expected the chat to remain for as long as it has, but I never expected that I would still be around, and that I would still see a lot of the same faces around, whether they still be regular chatters, occasional chatters, or people who remain close friends to me outside of the chat.

I have met some of the most awesome folks, and I have gotten to hang out with some really cool people because of the chat. I want to thank everyone who has ever participated in the chat for helping making it what it is. I hope that all of our experiences and friendships have all enriched our lives and have had a positive impact on who we are today. I know that I can definitely say that is the case for me.

At this point, I'd probably start listing off a bunch of names of really super duper folks who I have encountered over the years, but I really would feel like an asshole if I left anyone out. You folks know who you are, and I am very thankful that all of you exist.

Unfortunately, unlike Misty, I did not bring a cake to the party. That's good though, because I'd try to feed it to all of you, and boy oh boy, the local repair place would probably kick my ass for bringing a cake-covered monitor in for repair. Especially a German Chocolate cake, because I really like those... but I doubt that my monitor shares the same love for them that I do.

I have to wonder how much longer the chat will be around. Will we all be here ten years from now, ready to celebrate a 20th anniversary? Will the chat still exist? Well, considering that we are still around, I wouldn't be surprised if we survive another ten. I can't promise, but I do hope that I'll still be in the chat, with clothes on, waiting for another fun anniversary, full of smiles.

Maybe I'll have a social life in 2025.
I thought long and hard about a witty response to put here, but I really have no room to talk. Forever a slave to IRC. ;_;

I've only been in the bulbagarden room for about 5 and a half years, but that has certainly been enough time to see a good share of ups and downs, drama, trolls, users come, and users go...but most importantly, I've had the privilege of getting to know some pretty neat people. And for that, I'll echo your toast: here's to another 10 years.

I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but at least Mahoro brings some cake, too. :D
25VDATO.jpg

Makes me really happy to see that the place is still alive, even though I no longer stop by very often.
Holy crap, I feel old.

Back
Top Bottom