• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Happy birthday Ruby and Sapphire. Over 10 years.

He says that he remembers developing Ruby and Sapphire while knowing that they would be unexpected, since many people had thought that Pokémon was a fad. He's glad that the series is still alive and well ten years later.

10th anniversary? Woot~!

Has Nintendo payed attention to Hoenn though? They have a lot of Torchic merchandise but they seem to care about Kanto Pokemon lately. Where's the 10th anniversary stuff?

There have been event Pokemon released only in Japan to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Black 2 owners get a Groudon and White 2 owners get a Kyogre. Again, this event is only in Japan so any one outside of Japan won't be getting these event pokemon.

Happy birthday, Ruby and Sapphire. I still remember going to my local GameStop to pick up the games and getting those coins as a pre-order bonus. I still actually have those coins. It feels weird that these games are ten years old now in Japan. Hopefully, they'll remake the games one day so that people can experience going through Hoenn either all over again or for the first time.

Happy birthday! This brings back so many memories of my childhood... :ksmile: :birthday: :cheers: I remember playing Sapphire on my cousin's old Gameboy SP, so many years ago...

Happy Birthday Hoenn, playing these games back in Gen 3 were really good times for me, even if the craze kinda faded at the time I really enjoyed the Advanced Generation.

I'm glad that these games brought a lot of change and innovation as well as keeping the series alive. : )

Happy birthday, Gen III. At one time, I was upset by some of the changes introduced in this generation, but today, I appreciate how important it was for the series on the whole. The release of Pokemon on a stronger handheld was very exciting, I bought a US version of Pokemon Ruby because I couldn't bear waiting a few extra months for the UK release.

Emerald was my 1st game, but I later got Sapphire and Ruby. Awesome games for the time they were released, still have great stories. As some people said, I'm ready for remakes too.

Happy birthday, Gen 3, and may you continue to entertain us for years to come. :)

I STILL PLAY SAPPHIRE HOW IS THIS TEN YEARS?!?!?!?! I hope they do remake, it's such a cutie game. Too bad, they didn't do it on the anniversary.

Happy Birthday, Gen 3! Too bad you won't be getting a remake until later next gen.

He says that he remembers developing Ruby and Sapphire while knowing that they would be unexpected, since many people had thought that Pokémon was a fad. He's glad that the series is still alive and well ten years later.

People in the U.S. still have that mentality that Pokemon was a fad, and they're getting sick and tired of it being still alive and want it dead like every other fad before it.

Happy 10th, even if I never got the chance to play them. I played RBY and GSC when they came out though, but didn't come back to the series until HGSS.

Happy Birthday, Gen 3! Too bad you won't be getting a remake until later next gen.

People in the U.S. still have that mentality that Pokemon was a fad, and they're getting sick and tired of it being still alive and want it dead like every other fad before it.
Noooo... Pokemon is awesome! I hope it will never die.

Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest cash cow. I don't see it dying anytime in the near future.

I have many fond memories of my Ruby version, and even better fond memories of my Emerald version. Emerald helped me get through some of the hardest parts of my life, so it will always be close to my heart. Come on, Nintendo and GAME FREAK, give us a cute and/or cool 3DS XL Hoenn Pokemon skin!

Ten years...It is hard to believe it has already been ten years. My childhood was filled with Pokemon, especially Gold and Sapphire, and they're already a decade old.

I still have my Sapphire and Emerald versions locked away in an old steel Gameboy carrying case. Makes me feel so old thinking of how fast the years have gone by, with the games so far ahead technology-wise.

Happy tenth, R/S/E, you guys made some of the best years of my life.

That could be said for a lot of us, myself included.

Bring on the Hoen skins!

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mdvheoQIxE1qlpahho1_500.jpg

Found this on Tumblr

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom