• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Happy Guy Fawkes day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokefan548

Dance the Mamushka
Reaction score
Today, in the words of V from V for Vendetta, "Let us raise a toast to all our bombers, our bastards, our most unlovely and unforgivable. Let's drink to their health, then meet them no more." Yep, it's November 5th, Guy Fawkes day, the anniversary of the failure of the Gunpowder Treason. For those who don't know Guy Fawkes, here's the short version: The English government and king were being selfish bastards, and a group of revolutionaries decided to "hard reboot" the country's government... with 36 kegs full of gunpowder hidden under the parliament. Unfortunately, one of the conspirators wrote to his cousin to not go to the parliament. Yep, nothing suspicious there. Guy Fawkes was caught guarding the gunpowder kegs, ready to ignite, and he was Hanged, Drawn, and Quartered.

P:spin:ke out.

>< I hate Guy Fawkes. I hate the noise, I hate the fire risks (I was actually in danger because there was a fire in the parking lot right next to my flat), I hate being unable to breathe, I hate the drunk people, and I hate the flashes of light (which is a seizure risk).

I think Guy Fawkes celebrations should be banned, or at least the sale of fireworks to the public.

Sorry to be so negative.

Last edited:
>< I hate Guy Fawkes. I hate the noise, I hate the fire risks (I was actually in danger because there was a fire in the parking lot right next to my flat), I hate being unable to breathe, I hate the drunk people, and I hate the flashes of light (which is a seizure risk).

I think Guy Fawkes celebrations should be banned, or at least the sale of fireworks to the public.

Sorry to be so negative.
Maybe not banned, but regulated. Yeah, some people go a bit crazy with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom