• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest Gym?

Hardest Sinnoh Gym?

• Total voters
Gardenia because my pokemon team reached level 20 and they all wouldn't listen to me...The gym itself wasn't that hard though.

Gardenia because my pokemon team reached level 20 and they all wouldn't listen to me...The gym itself wasn't that hard though.
@mama did you use traded pokemon? if so, try using your default pokemon and make sure you have a fire type, (which is most likely monferno at this point.) make sure you have plenty of antidotes and potions/super potions to help on roserade, roserade was an issue for me too, i never beat her.

Gardenia. Her Roserade is really badass. Come on!!! it´s a 3rd stage pokemon, so it´s stats are really high. Well, Roark's Cranidos is powerful too, but I go with gardenia.

Fantina, but maybe that's because I didn't have anything strong against that type. Usually I'm able to move past that dilemma, though.

Hm... Fantina, hands down, her Mismagius used to eat my teams alive

I always struggled with Gardenia because on nearly every playthrough I started with Piplup. On my most recent playthrough, it took me about 10 resets and some training to beat her with Prinplup, Buneary and Murkrow.

For me it was Candice because most of my team was weak to ice.

Fantina, especially in Diamond/Pearl, since Gengar and Mismagius are fast, and Confuse Ray is annoying.

Byron. My Rapidash could deal with his Magneton and Steelix easily, but Bastiodon was a hard wall. My team had no good Ground or Fighting-type moves, so it was a struggle for sure.

I struggled with Maylene. I generally don't use psychic types at all and didn't use a flying or fairy type on my sp playthrough, though cynthia made me pay for this later (stupid garchomp). Also hers and Candice's gym puzzles take like 10 minutes.

Last time I played through Platinum I pulled into Volkner's gym with 6 Level 50 Gyarados and managed to beat him without a single one of them ever fainting. Note that his ace was also level 50. I believe this summarizes how I feel about Volkner.

Hardest Sinnoh Gym Leader for me was BDSP Maylene. She was pretty insane since I chose Piplup.

Last time I played through Platinum I pulled into Volkner's gym with 6 Level 50 Gyarados and managed to beat him without a single one of them ever fainting. Note that his ace was also level 50. I believe this summarizes how I feel about Volkner.

Hardest Sinnoh Gym Leader for me was BDSP Maylene. She was pretty insane since I chose Piplup.
Why did you have six Gyarados going into the Electric Gym?

Either Roark or Gardenia.

Roark because you have to deal with Cranidos before it hits you, which screwed some of my solo runs.

Gardenia because that Roserade bumped the difficulty up when you are likely to not have anything at that evolution stage aside from Wurmple.

Of course. that depends from run to run, but things start getting easier from the third gym onwards.

Gardenia because I never played very far in the originals and in BD I did a mono-water run. Her Roserade kicked my butt several times. I do agree with what prog said about later gyms starting to get easier in Sinnoh; Volkner also had a type advantage against me but I still barely batted an eye at his fight... he felt very anticlimactic for a last gym leader honestly, given that he honestly might've been the easiest for me to beat despite again, the fact that I used a monotype team with a disadvantage against him.

My brain shut down voting in the poll momentarily, I voted wrong.

I don't remember the Sinnoh Gym Leaders being particularly hard except for Fantina. Fast as heck ghosts have always been a pain.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom