• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest Noble Pokemon

Which Noble Pokemon did you find the hardest to deal with the FIRST time you faught it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I feel like this is the best time to have this thread since the game has been out for a while now. Which of the Nobles did you struggle with the FIRST time you fought it? For me, I would say it's a tie between Electrode and Arcanine. Elecrode just would not stop attacking. I could not catch a break. For Arcanine, the shape of the Arena certainly caused issues.

While the arena for H-Arcanine was problematic and H-Electrode did keep me on my toes, I won both on my first try, albeit by the skin of my teeth. Avalugg, on the other hand, was the first time I've ever blacked out in my playthrough of Legends. The sheer speed and barrage of attacks that left lingering effects (like ice spikes), combined with the fact that some of my balm throws and attempts to battle it didn't work made him a tough nut to crack. He actually took three attempts, which was a first for me. So my vote goes to Avalugg.

Honestly I found all of them very hard. I'm not good at this kind of action game where you have to dodge and stuff. Honestly if there wasn't an option to keep your progress I wouldn't have finished the game.
However the one that gave me most trouble was Arcanine. The space is very limited and its attacks were very hard to dodge. Electrode a close second. I did not have that much trouble with Avalugg since I found its attacks pretty easy to evade.

I struggled with Arcanine, mainly because of the lack of space for dodging and throwing balms, especially towards the end. At least with Electrode and Avalugg, you had room, and even then, they were quite the struggle as you needed to either dodge endlessly (Electrode) or remain on alert full time (Avalugg).

Having charms that boost the player's health is a requirement, especially with Avalugg.

I don't know why, but Arcanine seemed to give me the most trouble. I think it took me the longest to understand just when to dodge and whatnot. Electrode and Avalugg were strangely the easiest for me.

Electrode was the only one that was difficult for me. Mainly cause of the camera and I really felt way more pressure during this fight since it constantly attacks. I think it also didn't help that I kept running around the arena in a constant circle, making my throws both too short and late at times.

On the other hand, I actually found the Arcanine and Avalugg fights the most fun and easiest. Especially for the latter since the fight kind of felt like a Metal Gear fight itself, and I always find them so fun.

I feel like this is the best time to have this thread since the game has been out for a while now. Which of the Nobles did you struggle with the FIRST time you fought it? For me, I would say it's a tie between Electrode and Arcanine. Elecrode just would not stop attacking. I could not catch a break. For Arcanine, the shape of the Arena certainly caused issues.

I believe the battles progress in difficulty as the story progresses. So, Avalugg > Electrode > Arcanine > Liligant > Kleavor.

That said, the Avalugg battle is quite scripted, meaning it's only difficult until you get the hang of the movement patterns. The battle against Electrode can be the one that demands the most effort, since you always have to be on the move. And finally, when that field of fire appears in the middle of the arena, the confrontation with Arcanine can become complicated, if you get locked.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but Arcanine seemed to give me the most trouble. I think it took me the longest to understand just when to dodge and whatnot. Electrode and Avalugg were strangely the easiest for me.
Arcanine has an obnoxiously small arena, and one of its late-stage attacks leaves a giant ring of fire in the middle of the arena, limiting your room to maneuver even further. IDK if you can dodge through it, but I wasn't about to try and possibly lose the fight as a result.

Arcanine has an obnoxiously small arena, and one of its late-stage attacks leaves a giant ring of fire in the middle of the arena, limiting your room to maneuver even further. IDK if you can dodge through it, but I wasn't about to try and possibly lose the fight as a result.
I think there is technically a workaround to get through that fire ring, but like you said, I wasn’t ready to risk it lol. I just made sure to throw enough of the balms to get it weak enough before it got to that point.

Arcanine because his arena is awful. Avalugg has a similar situation too. Throwing too much crap at you while you have so little room to do much to avoid it, only here you can't go around your target, you're stuck facing it the entire time.

Arcanine and Electrode for me as the other three are fairly scripted with their attacks. Arcanine's arena size, further compression of the arena, and possibly not reaching it in time to stop its big move is ridiculous. While Electrode forcing you to move constantly also made aiming balms, let alone consistently, difficult.

Also, minor aside but I love Lilligant's introduction and musical jingle; it's my favorite of the Nobles.

Electrode was the hardest for me. It just feels like so much going on during that fight I couldn't stop moving around, which gets me stressed. Really all of them except Kleaver were fairly hard for me the first time. Not used to action-based fights. They weren't bad the second time around but that's only because I knew what to expect and knew I could just keep progress on the gauge if things went wrong.

Arcanine was the hardest for me, closely followed by Avalugg. Electrode was good too but a bit easier. These last 3 were pretty fun

It's a tie between Avalugg and Electrode for me, though that might be because I hadn't quite realized you could continue the battle from a save point if you failed (I know it was literally on screen, but for some reason, it did not click in my brain) when I was battling Electrode. While Arcanine did take as many tries for me, it wasn't as intense as Electrode felt. Constantly having to run and dodge all those attacks was tough, and I didn't have enough time to assess what I needed to do next, I just had to react. I was already sweating by the second try, and when I beat it I literally felt the adrenaline leaving me. It's not very often that I react so physically to a video game.

Avalugg was also quite difficult, though not as intense as Electrode (mostly because I realized I could just continue the battle where I left off. The aiming of the balms was difficult, and Avalugg's attacks just hit so hard. I think I remember there being one that just seemed undodgeable too. But while his attacks hit really hard, most of his moves seemed pretty predictable, so it was just a long waiting game for him. Still a hard fight though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom