• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest Pokemon for you to Find/Catch

Dragon Master

Dragons Rule
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread has been made before.

What Pokemon was the hardest for you to find or catch? This is mostly for the trainers who wanted to complete their pokedex

My hardest to find was Chimecho and Tynamo :banghead:
Chimecho was the final Pokemon i needed to complete my pokedex in Emerald, took me a total of 2 days to actually find and first one i caught.

Tynamo took a lil bit over an hour to find but it was still a pain and then no sooner i found the first one, i found 3 more passing through the cave :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So those were my headaches, who were urs???

Without a doubt-Feebas on Emerald. Tynamo was actually pretty easy for me, but Chimecho is also a pain on Emerald. I'm glad they finally made Feebas easy to catch, like it should've been all along, IMO.

Without a doubt-Feebas on Emerald.

I forgot all about Feebas! it wasnt until that trick came out that i found one, but when i did, i found 4 more and i made sure i caught them too, such a rare pokemon needs to be caught as often as u can for others. I caught two females, helped me breed more for my buddys, I became the Feebas Star! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Never found Feebas on RBE, just traded! XD
I confirm Chimecho, and what about Magmar on FRLG (I don't remember which one or both)?
If we go back in the RBY days... every silly Safari Zone rare Pokémon! Chansey, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Scyther, Pinsir!

Definitely Suicune in LeafGreen. I still haven't caught it, and it's been four months. Mostly because I refuse to use the Master Ball. But still.

Definitely Suicune in LeafGreen. I still haven't caught it, and it's been four months. Mostly because I refuse to use the Master Ball. But still.
Try with the "Catcher Smeargle":
Spore, Mean Look, Ingrain, False Swipe! ;)

I have trouble finding a Scorpi at Great Marsh once.

Yanyanma is also a pain to find, to be honest I never saw a wild one.

Feebas, Tynamo and Deino. Feebas was the worst, for sure.

I had a lot of trouble back in my Pokémon Red days with that stupid "I ram into things"-Tauros. Walking all over the Safari Zone and finding one after was annoying enough, but catching it was a chore. Maybe I was just unlucky but it used to run away after the first turn. Throwing a Pokéball without doing anything beforehand wasn't a good strategy either...it was my last Pokémon for dex-completion in Gen 1 and I kinda dislike it for all the work I had with it after all these years ^^;
( Getting one in GS was much easier, for obvious reasons )

Technically I never caught a Munchlax at all. Normally I breed one or look for one in the GTS, but I never ever found one on those damn honey trees.

I never had a problem with finding Feebas tbh. Fishing is a fun thing to do and once I knew the right tile and the trendy saying I never had a problem getting one.

For me it was Relicanth I didnt find any in the wild in Ruby had to trade with a friend to complete my pokedex

In HG I found a Chansey that was more difficult to catch than any legendary I had ever encountered. Part of the problem was that she kept recovering her hp through soft-boiled. Still, she was unusually resistant and I was getting exasperated near the end.

I know this is a specific instance rather than a general Pokemon, but it presented more of a challenge than the hard to find ones. I also had a limited time to catch them since they only appear during swarm periods.

Last edited:
Slowbro in the first generation.
Heracross in the second generation.
Chimecho in the third generation.
Munchlax in the fourth generation.

All of these Pokemon took a few hours to find.

Feebas, and Munchlax. In Emerald I remember going from spot, to the next spot, and so on until one finally showed up. XD Took a good while.

Hardest to catch was probably Chansey, and not just in the safari zone either. I remember encountering a shiny one in Pearl, and it gave me a lot of trouble, and broke free from about 30 balls before staying down.

Found a feebas accidentally on my first game Emerald when i was eight. didnt even know to be excited, looked like a crap pokemon.

Metang in the Johto Safari Zone. The pain is doubled when one's a shiny and of course, goes uncaught. DAMN SAFARI ZONE!

I really should say Feebas, but I found it right away when I was looking for it on Ruby for some reason :p

Chimecho was kinda hard to find, but I've never found Munchlax on Platinum because I can't be bothered with whole honey-on-the-trees thingy.

Mine was a Metagross in the Giant Chasm. Ended up using a Master Ball.

Latias/Latios in RSE. Gen III is probably the worst generation to try catching roamers in.

For me, the first one that comes to mind is Cryogonal. Though it wasn't the last one I got before completing the Unova Dex, it was the one that took the longest to encounter/catch.

As for the National Dex, I would say it was Celebi. It took some serious negotiating here at the forums before I got a legit one. This was before the Gen-V Celebi events (which I have no access to where I come from). Arceus comes a close second, for the same reasons.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom