• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest Pokemon to Build Around

OK So guyz I've been playing him on PS! past couple hours and it seems like so far he's somewhat usable in RU, I say not great, but I've gotten much better hang on him now than before. The set I've been using is:

Malamar@Assault Vest
Contrary
Adamant
252HP / 252Atk /4Spdef
Superpower
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Hypnosis

I've won some RU matches with him on my team, but tbh I've found he needs wayyy too much support for him to work right. Those stats are a real letdown too. Earlier I was considering using Trick Room on him, but he's not quite slow for that either. O well. I guess I'll keep using him until I get bored of him. Thanks guyz!

Er, why are you using Hypnosis when you have the Assult vest, which prevents non-attacking moves?

O damn, now I look like a fool lulz. I've been using both lefties and av on him and Hypnosis is for when I'm using lefties. When going AV I used Aerial ace/Rock slide instead.

I'd go either Payback to take advantage of Malamar's low speed or Rock Slide as you said just for coverage. Better hope some of the lower tier Fairies don't wall the shit out of Malamar. Regular Mawile will be tough to deal with.

Alrighty will try. Right now I'm just testing out different sets to see how it goes. Thanks again for ur help man

I don't really know why, but for whatever reason, whenever I use a Dragonite I'm more often then not disappointed at the results.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom