• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest shiny pokémon (for you)

Not certain if this counts, but it took me a whole summer--three months!--to breed a shiny Charmander, and that was with the Masuda method and shiny charm.

Getting a shiny Lombre via Ultra Wormholes was also kinda difficult (mostly tedious and frustrating) as well, though it didn't take me as long as the Charmander.

The Masuda method ones have all been the most tedious for me so far. Getting to 8 Shiny Eevee in Sun was pretty agonizing too.

Right now I’m SRing for Shiny Arctozolt so that might take some time since I can’t really increase the odds beyond Shiny Charm.

The Masuda method ones have all been the most tedious for me so far. Getting to 8 Shiny Eevee in Sun was pretty agonizing too.

Right now I’m SRing for Shiny Arctozolt so that might take some time since I can’t really increase the odds beyond Shiny Charm.
You're at full odds on that hunt bud

So far and successfuly it was Frillish is AS through Masuda and Charm. It took at around 4 days.
I have yet to resume the breeding for a shiny Axew...I spent one week before deciding to move on to other Pkmn, namely Frillish, because I want my Axew to hatch in Granite Cave and taking into consideration the egg cycle it's very boring even with the Oval Charm.

Vibrava. I inadvertently reset on a shiny while trying to chain for a shiny Beldum and vowed I would chase it down, even if it killed me.

I'd been hunting that thing for literally years... And I just caught it in a Max Raid battle about two weeks ago! Finally! I'm done with it!
Max raid battles help a lot with shiny hunting. I love that you finally got one, however I wish raid battles were not exploitable. Now, whenever a shiny appears, I wonder if it's a good one or a made one.

I am currently shiny hunting a lot in USUM (just got into it) and mostly SOS chaining. I prepare a lot for SOS chains beforehand, and have gotten quite successful (13 shinies in the past 4-5 days!). However, the most challenging for me right now is Pawniard/Bisharp.

So I run a Level 100 Smeargle as my SOS shiny hunter, with its main moveset being False Swipe/Spore/Soak/Super Effective Killing Move against allies the caller will SOS call (as it will increase the call rate if they are OHKO'd by a SE attack). Obviously Smeargle is not particularly powerful nor tanky, so the level disparity is what allows it to "sweep."

I have failed 2 shiny SOS chains with Pawniard/Bisharp so far.

1st SOS Chain: I failed this one and ended it willingly because it was a losing battle in the long run. I failed to notice that the Bisharp was high level enough to learn moves such as Scary Face (enough to make my Smeargle slower than both the Bisharp and Pawniard ally), Metal Claw (increases ATK), and Slash (high crit ratio). Despite the fact my Smeargle had leftovers and a higher level and Karate Chop that could OHKO the Pawniard, it always moved last and would frequently get KO'd first, to the point where my entire team (which was also unequipped for this) cannot handle it. So, I sadly ended it as it was depleting my Max Potions/Revives/etc.

2nd SOS Chain: This time I was more prepared. I had my Smeargle learn Mach Punch that could still OHKO Pawniards and not be affected by the speed decrease of Scary Face. I also had a bulkier team that could handle the Pawniard/Bisharp if my Smeargle were to faint, and stocked on items. However, I accidentally Mach Punched the Bisharp and that was that.

I am currently doing the 3rd SOS Chain right now as I type this, so i really do hope I can get it! Cheers!

Update: I technically failed my 3rd SOS chain as I did not get a shiny Pawniard, but I got a shiny Goomy :)

Last edited:
Max raid battles help a lot with shiny hunting. I love that you finally got one, however I wish raid battles were not exploitable. Now, whenever a shiny appears, I wonder if it's a good one or a made one.
Most of my Raid shinies have 'meh' stats and Natures, so I really think they aren't exploits. There's only one that raised my eyebrows: a shiny, 6IV Imposter Ditto I caught during the Easter event. Ten to one, that one is an exploit because there's perfect and then there's that. (I do have one regular 6IV Ditto so I'm wondering about it as well.)

Currently, I'm working on a shiny male Ralts and Sword hates me. I've gotten two shinies and both were female. Argh...!!

Most of my Raid shinies have 'meh' stats and Natures, so I really think they aren't exploits. There's only one that raised my eyebrows: a shiny, 6IV Imposter Ditto I caught during the Easter event. Ten to one, that one is an exploit because there's perfect and then there's that. (I do have one regular 6IV Ditto so I'm wondering about it as well.)

Currently, I'm working on a shiny male Ralts and Sword hates me. I've gotten two shinies and both were female. Argh...!!
Have you gotten the male one already?

I never tried for one, but shiny squirtle in LGPE seems really hard to get. Without breeding in those games, the best way to shiny hunt is to catch combo. The thing is, in order to catch the Kanto starters in those games, you need a pretty good combo with another pokemon, so it will be super hard to get a squirtle chain. Along with that, from what I’ve seen, squirtle only spawns in rather tight patches of grass, so it looks quite hard to keep reloading the area to get it to spawn.
Never tried for it, and never will.

I never tried for one, but shiny squirtle in LGPE seems really hard to get. Without breeding in those games, the best way to shiny hunt is to catch combo. The thing is, in order to catch the Kanto starters in those games, you need a pretty good combo with another pokemon, so it will be super hard to get a squirtle chain. Along with that, from what I’ve seen, squirtle only spawns in rather tight patches of grass, so it looks quite hard to keep reloading the area to get it to spawn.
Never tried for it, and never will.
It’s actually not too bad. I’ve already gotten 2 Shiny Bulbasaur and a Shiny Charmander in LGPE. It could take some time at first, but once you catch a few they start spawning more and more frequently.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom