• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons)/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
He's a green flower. It worked, I gave him the ring.

Reaction score
So I started Animal Parade on the Wii and am really liking it so far. I went to research the other games on the Wii to see if they are worth picking up and now Im a little confused. Tree of Tranquility looks to have all the same characters as Animal Parade just no Harvest King. Is it the same game or did Natsume just recycle all the characters to pump out a new game?

Reaction score
In ANB- does anything special happen on the character's birthday? If they aren't dating or married yet?

Reaction score
In ANB- does anything special happen on the character's birthday? If they aren't dating or married yet?
If you have a high enough friendship with everyone I vaguely remember them giving you gifts when you talk to them on your birthday.

Reaction score
Got a gift from Neil. Once I grow tea leaves in ANB or SoS, how do I make them into brewed tea?

Reaction score
You just need the recipe and you can make it in your kitchen. Eating at the restaurant or recipe bread will randomly give you various tea recipes.

Reaction score
Built the travel agency. Fishing on the Southern Island is fun. What do I fed the turtles?

And it turns out I hadn't seen Neil's purple heart event. So trying ring again soon.

Reaction score
The turtle like fish. I've only tried giving them the ones I caught on the island but I've heard any fish work.

Reaction score
Last sunny weekend was a festival (end of season), so I still haven't given Neil the ring.

Reaction score
Started a new Rune Factory 4 play-through. I'm playing as the male OC this time. I think Im going to try for a marriage with Margaret or Xiao Pai.

Reaction score
But what about Forte? She's the coolest.

ANB update- Neil is at red heart, and has accepted the ring of dating.

Reaction score
Already did a Forte play-through. Hers was great but now I want to finish up all the others I haven't completed yet.

Always helping Fatima
Reaction score
I've also gone the Forte route(did at first)but Clorica's came earlier than planned(9 Hearts)so ended up with her

Reaction score
So, is anyone planning to get Return to Popolocrois?

Reaction score
I plan to get later this week. It looks fun.

Χριστιανός
Reaction score
has anyone played any of the 3DS Harvest Moon games? I want to play one again, but the only ones I've ever really played were the classic ones.

Reaction score
I haven't played The Lost Valley (Natsume version of Harvest Moon.)

There's- A New Beginning and Story of Seasons. In both games, you start out with a tutorial. Since you have to build the town (there are different town restorations, you need to do these before new people move in), ANB starts out a little slow. It does get fun in later seasons though. Story of Seasons- the town is more developed, and diving is how you find a lot of items at first.