• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons)/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Re: Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Oi don't get me started on themes. D:

Cause all my chickens have names that end in ana. And so far I got:
-Diana
-Kiana
-Giana
-Ariana

And my sheep/alpaca/llama theme has been names that end in cy like:
-Nancy
-Lucy
-Stacy

And I haven't the slightest idea where these themes came from. >.>

And Big Sis @Octy; you should totally name a sheep Minky. That's the best fabric imo. :B

So I just started Year 2 on my first file on A New Beginning. I'm starting to plant trees, and better crops. I hope that somehow I can get to advanced class in the Spring crop festival. So, anyone who has played the game, any way to get a 5-star (*****) ranked crop by the end of the month?

Seed maker! :p Well that's how I managed to get better crops in past games. Dunno about ANB cause I haven't gotten it yet. >.< In fact I'm trying on a faster way too woo Felicity. I swear some marriage candidates are just hard to win over. Q~Q

Any one else ever have a hard time wooing marriage candidates?

Oh good gosh, Skye from HM DS: Cute. All he liked was curry dishes, and when you don't have a kitchen in the beginning, it's rough. >.<

and I feel like the Mineral town boys (except Kai) were hard to woo.

Oh god, Skye. He was like my personal mission in HMDS:C. :'D He was a bit inconvenient to wait around for sometimes. Generally, the special marriage candidates are a big pain, too, like the Goddess, or even the Mermaid in HMDS if you've not had a good day foraging and fishing. I found Nami to be a bit of a pain in AWL:SE, too, since you had to get her gifts from the dig site and that wasn't always a reliable place.

Oh Skye. I personally gave up on him myself and went after Griffin, because I hated waiting on him and such. And I just remembered the Witch Princess in HM DS who required you to kill off your own animals. >.<

Also in ANB if anyone finds the recipe to Angler Fish Stew I'd love to know. </3

Honestly, I haven't found Angler stew that I'm aware of. I'd probably try to befriend Clement or Kosubaro. That or fish/mine for it.

Kai for me in More Friends of Mineral Town. I grew a bunch of Pineapples for him, and just when I only had a few days left till harvest...

... a storm ruined everything.

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature anyone? :)

Haven't played that one though I do own Harvest Moon DS(need to search for it)
I see. What about Hero of Leaf Valley? I'm thinking of playing this game after Back to Nature.

Innocent Life was confusing to play. Does anyone know how to prevent the island from blowing up? I kept going around in circles and just ended up rage quitting this game.

EDIT: If any of you want some help or tips in Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, don't hesitate to ask me. I used to play this game a lot back in the PSOne and I am now replaying It on the PSP (Boy & Girl).

Last edited:

Only game I've ever played in-depth is Harvest Moon DS. Got really far twice but my game crashed on me both times before I ever got the chance to even marry someone.

HMDS was a fun remake and a great game altogether. But the horrible glitches in the first version made playing nearly impossible for me to play it all the way through. :\

I'm on Summer of the first year in A New Beginning, and Octy and Meenah have been giving me great advice, especially with crops and blueprints. ^_^

Well, I try my best to help everyone I can out with that game. It's definitely one of the most challenging games I've played. Who knew that simple flowers and rocks would mean so much? XD

honestly though, I have a problem. XDD I can only play my game until I get engaged to a bachelor. Then I dont' want to play anymore because for some reason, I don't like the bachelor anymore. xD So I'm tempted to just start all over and make a new file.

Apparently, there is a PSP Harvest Moon game called "Hero of Leaf Valley".... I honestly had no idea that it existed. ._. Reminds me of Save the Homeland. Same people and such.

Harvest Moon:The Tale of Two Towns

Does anyone know what Nori likes in this one also does anyone know where Wool is(need it for new clothes)from person mentioned in post

There are a few different requirements for different outfits in terms of levels of Friend Points and quantities/qualities/types of Wool, but you can get wool from shearing livestock like Alpacas (Brown OR White, unlocked at the beginning of Fall in year two and costing 18,000G) and Sheep (Regular and Suffolk; unlike regular sheep, Suffolk sheep are only available from the start of year 2 last I saw). Regular Sheep (3000G as lambs you buy first, then adults available at 7000G) produce Wool when sheared, Suffolk Sheep (4500G as lambs, after buying a lamb you can get adults at 10,000G) produce Good Wool when sheared, but if either win the Fall 26 Animal Festival in Bluebell Town they have a chance of randomly producing Great Wool, another thing needed for the most difficult-to-obtain clothing. A normal Sheep winning that festival will have a 20% chance of producing Great Wool and a Suffolk Sheep winning will have a 50% chance.

In terms of what to give Nori for those Friend Points, her favourite gift (earning 800FP) is Mixed Rice, a Main recipe using Carrot, Cooked Rice, Deep-Fried Tofu and the Pot. Her well-liked gifts (next ones down, earning 300 FP) include Black, Buckwheat, Ginseng, Green, Matcha, Oolong, Puer and Sencha Tea Cans, Colorful or White Bouquets, Moondrop Flowers, a few specific Fireflies (Lantern, Mustache and Emperor) and cooked items like Simmered Potatoes, Sashimi, Fried Eggs, Baked Yams, Shimeji Rice, Matcha Tea, Sencha Tea, Puer Tea, Oolong Tea, Buckwheat Tea and Ginseng Tea.

There are countless more options and I am not entirely sure of the easiest recipes since I don't cook a huge amount while I play HM (though my bet would go on Simmered Potatoes, needing only the Pot and a Potato), but that should help.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom