• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons)/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Re: Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

What about Hero of Leaf Valley? I'm thinking of playing this game after Back to Nature.

Back to Nature is my favorite HM game. I recently bought it on the Playstation Network but the graphics look terrible on a PS3. I've played Hero of Leaf Valley, it's good in its own right but it has a different feel to it than any other HM game i've ever played. So far i've played Back to Nature, HM DS, DS Cute, Tale of Two Towns and Sunshine Islands. My favorite game on the Nintendo is definitely Sunshine Islands. Still got quite a bit to do on TOTT.

There is where the trouble is I Chose to live in Konohana(trip to bluebell is at least 3-6 mins)with stopping to look for things on the way over

Keep attending and winning cooking festivals and the tunnel will be usable after about a year (I lost the cooking festival a few times so it took me longer to build friendship)

What about Hero of Leaf Valley? I'm thinking of playing this game after Back to Nature.

Back to Nature is my favorite HM game. I recently bought it on the Playstation Network but the graphics look terrible on a PS3. I've played Hero of Leaf Valley, it's good in its own right but it has a different feel to it than any other HM game i've ever played. So far i've played Back to Nature, HM DS, DS Cute, Tale of Two Towns and Sunshine Islands. My favorite game on the Nintendo is definitely Sunshine Islands. Still got quite a bit to do on TOTT.

I don't really care about the graphics in that game.
If I don't really like Hero of Leaf Valley, then I guess Its time to pull out Innocent Life again. Right now, I already got married in Back to Nature to Elli (in Year 2) and now my main goal is to collect all the recipes and items that I have not bought or gotten yet. Hopefully reach about 88% before playing another Harvest Moon game.

Since I spend about 2-3 hours per session on this game, I think I can get It done fast, just depends If I have time~ xD
Damn, these Harvest Moon games are so addicting to play to be honest.

I'm facing a bit of a problem with Harvest Moon:The Tale of Two Towns I moved to Bluebell only problem is I'm at Green Flower Friend level with Reina and I also want to work on getting Georgia as a friend so do I

A.Move back to Konohana to be with Reina?

or

B.Stay in Bluebell and work on Georgia?

If I don't really like Hero of Leaf Valley, then I guess Its time to pull out Innocent Life again. Right now, I already got married in Back to Nature to Elli (in Year 2) and now my main goal is to collect all the recipes and items that I have not bought or gotten yet. Hopefully reach about 88% before playing another Harvest Moon game.

Since I spend about 2-3 hours per session on this game, I think I can get It done fast, just depends If I have time~ xD

Ah, I finished playing BTN when I was in year 3. I married Popuri, had a child and had gotten all things achieved. There's never an official end to a HM game but I usually stop playing when there's nothing else to look forward too. I love the music in BTN, especially the winter theme, it's actually beautiful that track. I have the soundtrack album ^^'

Has anyone here played Harvest Moon 64? It's been a good eight or so years since I'm played that... Good times.

A Wonderful Life is my favorite in story and characters, but not really gameplay. The scenery was great though. I love going to the beach and watching the waves. DS/DS: Cute was fun. I liked having more say in the customization of my farm.
I also still play the very first Harvest Moon on my SNES. I kind of miss the infinite nights of that game. You could clear your farm out on the first day if you were patient enough. 'v'

I still haven't gotten around to playing the past several games that have come out. DS: Cute is my most recent! I feel like a bad fan.

Ah, I finished playing BTN when I was in year 3. I married Popuri, had a child and had gotten all things achieved. There's never an official end to a HM game but I usually stop playing when there's nothing else to look forward too. I love the music in BTN, especially the winter theme, it's actually beautiful that track. I have the soundtrack album ^^'

I managed to get married in Year 2. Hard work, but worth It. Although I didn't focus too much on recipes since I have to rely on buying the items on Saturdays on "TV Shopping" and I have to wait 3 Days before It comes in. Now that I got everything important out of the way, I can focus on that one. My favorite soundtrack in BTN is the Fall theme.

Well I've never actually played Harvest Moon, though I have to admit I've always wanted to give it a try. I remember when I was 9 years old I saw a magazine article on Adventures in Mineral Town, it became one of the games I've always wanted to play but never got a chance to xD

Well I've never actually played Harvest Moon, though I have to admit I've always wanted to give it a try. I remember when I was 9 years old I saw a magazine article on Adventures in Mineral Town, it became one of the games I've always wanted to play but never got a chance to xD

I'm sure you wont regret it. It does take some dedication and sometimes it feels a bit monotonous but it's the best game i've ever played by far. Friends of the Mineral Town is just Back to Nature remarketed for the GBA, so I would definitely get it. I think there's an alternative version where you can play as a female as well.

Harvest Moon:The Tale of Two Towns seems to be taking all of the game time away from Poke B2/W2 though the question of who I should go with has yet to be answered

The whole "who should I marry/work on friendship with" thing is a dilemma for a lot of people, but imo nobody can really tell you for sure, not even when choosing between just two. There are ways you can track down stuff like their post-marriage/higher friendship level dialogue and stuff to give you an idea what you will be dealing with, but to be quite honest, when you are living or maintaining friendship with a character who, in all cases, is on a pretty limited cycle of dialogue day in, day out, you're going to get bored of everyone if only for a bit sooner or later. You can have multiple save files in all the games I can think of right now, too, so it's not like you're too limited to chances if you want to marry more than one of them.

Really, you can still build up friendships with them both feasibly (and, iirc, marry them) wherever you live; I have good friendships with candidates in both towns just from giving everyone gifts out of interest. You can decide later on and, although it's a pain, I travel back and forth between the two towns without the tunnel almost every day just for foraging anyway.

Honestly, I've never played Tale of Two Towns. I wanted to try it out, but people kept saying it wasn't worth the time to buy it since it was so hard to play.

But like, I unlocked my west field on A New Beginning, and this game is so hard to organize. It's like "Create your own city" and stuff. The right field has a spring that waters ALL the crops on that plot of land (aka. just the right field), and the left one seems like a giant pasture for animals. (minus like the 100 or so trees; no exaggeration). and my town seems so cramped. S:

The whole "who should I marry/work on friendship with" thing is a dilemma for a lot of people, but imo nobody can really tell you for sure, not even when choosing between just two.

Such true words. Q~Q Cause I wanted to play as a guy and girl in A New Beginning and was originally just going to marry Felicity I was going to save my 2nd file for a girl character. But after seeing this face:
20121112130203.jpg
I couldn't resist the cute, and wanted to marry Yuri. So I decided on sacrificing my second file for Yuri, and my first for Felicity. Since none of the guys appealed that much anyways besides Rod. He's adorable.

Honestly, I've never played Tale of Two Towns. I wanted to try it out, but people kept saying it wasn't worth the time to buy it since it was so hard to play.

I never tried it cause I became a Rune Factory looney. Though the guys in this game seem cuter than the ANB ones so may buy it if I find it.

But like, I unlocked my west field on A New Beginning, and this game is so hard to organize. It's like "Create your own city" and stuff. The right field has a spring that waters ALL the crops on that plot of land (aka. just the right field), and the left one seems like a giant pasture for animals. (minus like the 100 or so trees; no exaggeration). and my town seems so cramped. S:

It'll take years to organize. -w-;; But I guess well never run out of things to do.

Not really just pick a town at start of game

<Side is Bluebell Mayor is Rutger >Side is Konohana Mayor is Ina

Don't they have you choose between crops or animals? o.o

Guh animals never did come cheap. Though I always preferred crops myself.

You should play It. It kinda gets addicting to be honest. xD

I can safely say that HM is in general one of the most addictive series I have ever played.

ToTT is pretty painful, though. It's one of the most in-game-expensive ones I have played in terms of the fact that money is, for me anyway, harder to come by without getting bored than in some earlier games - here are the requirements just to be able to have a child once you've married:

Once you are married, take the "A New Bed" request at the beginning of the season on Bluebell's board, request level 3 or higher. You'll need 5 Ore Stone and 50,000 G for the Extra Large Bed. Alongside this, you have to upgrade your house - accept the seasonal "Renovations?" request on the same board, and then take Remodel "S" expansion. This will take 30 Material Stone, 30 Lumber, and 1,000,000 G. Requests like these from Eileen will appear at the beginning of a season only, so you may have to wait a few weeks after marrying depending on when you married.

That is financially considerably more drastic than what I am used to from HM, personally - mainly since I am not much into the only huge moneymaking method in this game, which is simply to grow lots and LOTS of high level crops using fertilisers and sell seeds from the seed maker. It is a little discouraging to me since I prefer not to take my crops quite that seriously but it's such a cute game that I keep playing it anyway. x)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom