• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has anyone actually used their Masterball(s)?

When I was younger I was one of those stupid kids who caught legendaries with them. Now I don't use them anymore out of worry I'll waste it.

Nope. I still have mine in HeartGold and Black. I caught every single legendary Pokémon with standard Pokéballs. It's a very overrated achievement; it's actually not that hard. Paralyze them + False Swipe + pray to God they don't have any recoil-inducing moves + 200+ Pokéballs + tons of patience = Caught Pokémon.

... Actually that seems like a lot of steps...

I'm one of those people that once I beat the Elite Four, I'm basically done with the game. So if I haven't used my master ball on a wandering legendary or a shiny by that point, I'll go use it to catch a Zubat to wrap everything up. I don't remember how I started that tradition.

Now that I have the all the pokes I nothing to use them on but I got a huge stack in platinum that I used on some non legendary pokes to make the national dex quest be easier.

I mostly use Master Balls on roaming Pokemon that are usually too fast for me to realistically catch with anything else. In Pokemon Yellow I used the Master Ball to catch Mewtwo. In Crystal I used it to capture a Raikou. I can't really remember what I used the Master Ball to catch in the later generation games.

Ya so I never use mine I feel more accomplished to still have it and to capture legendary pokemon in other pokeballs

On a serious gameplay I usually reserve my Master Ball for roaming Legendaries. It saves me from a lot of frustration, especially if the version in question only has one catchable roaming Pokémon on normal gameplay. The last one I caught this way was a Tornadus, and I ended up using the second Master Ball I got for trading many times on Black on Landorus because I was half expecting him to run away too.
But there were times I used a Master Ball on non-Legendaries as well. I had a particularly memorable moment on Yellow when I used it on a simple Clefairy merely because it happened to break an Ultra Ball of mine, I had nothing better left to use it since I already had finished the game, so I threw it for the lulz.

In Soul Silver I used the Master Ball on Lugia.
In Platinum I used it on Giratina.
In White I used it on Zekrom.
In Black 2 I have not used it at all.

I used to use my Master Ball on either one of the trios, or the box legendary, but nowadays I don't use it on anything, unless it is a shiny, and sometimes, not even then.

I guess that I am saving it for a shiny pokemon with a low catch rate, so I can catch it with ease. So far, that hasn't happened, but you never know, and it is always good to have one on hand.

I only use them on roaming pokemon, but I haven't used the 2 I have now on W2 yet.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom