• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has anyone heard of Graphicmon?

Squirtle Gardevior

Reaction score
Know this is realy old. In the year 2000 back when Gen 2 was still new, but in one magazine there was an advert for Game Boy stickers called "Graphicmon" which were essentially the twelve signs of the western Zodiac as Pokemon.

Taurus and Cancer were just slightly altered versions of Tauros and Kingler. Some of the others were based on existing Pokemon, like Sagittarius looks like Abras upper torso on Ponytas body, whilst Leo is basically Pikachu/Raichu as a lion.

Personally, I think these designs are quite good and would have made great Pokemon. I actualy think it's better them Gen 5s zodiac, which I feel shoehorns most of the signs, but this feels more natural.

Graphicmon.jpg

I didn't know this existed (then again I started the mainline games with USUM), but this looks nice to be honest.

Saw this thread ago and think the skins look pretty nice.

I decided to look online and see if there was any images of these skins outside of this magazine ad and had a rough time finding anything about them. I searched the archives of the listed store websites and ones mentioned on Meerkat Interactive website archives with pretty much no luck as most images were not preserved for early 2000s websites. I did however manage to find a small handful of ebay and misc auction sites showing off four of the twelve graphic kits with website listings showing the back of the packaging they came in.... which lead me to finally finding the graphic kit designers' website which was promovideo.it at the time, however trying to load up archives would show the logo and a small blurb before the page would blackout every time.

So while these are third party decals for the time, pretty neat that it could also be considered partial lost media seeing as I could only find listings for four of them. To my surprise, The Archer one listed on ebay seems to show the quality for the graphic kits were not always that good or maybe the skin just looks low in quality and misprinted due to time.

Thought I would post this since I find things like this to be cool to look into.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom