• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has anyone seen this Silver bootleg?

Reaction score
Back in 2004, when I was starting to get into the Pokémon mainline games, my parents got me two Game Boy games. The first one was a Spanish Pokémon Blue, which was as far as I know original, the other was a very peculiar Silver bootleg I still remember to this day. Here's what I know:

• It was made after Red/Blue got released since Gen I attacks and Pokémon were well translated, well, as far as the character limit allowed them (for example, Pidgey was PIDGE and Pidgeotto was PDGTO).
  • Johto Pokémon kept their Japanese names, again, based on the character limits (eg: Totodile was WANI, Cyndaquil was HINO, etc).
  • The battle message when you used an attack was "[Pokémon] [move] study". Ex: ANOO TEA study.
  • Trainer names were mangled as far as I know since I don't recall seeing anyone's name in the game.
  • The translators struggled with the word "Route" since I recall seeing the word spelled as "room", "roam", "road", etc.
  • The cartridge if I recall correctly only said "Game" on top.
  • Might be the same game seen here.
Does somebody know where I can get more info on it?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom