• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has Goh caught your favorite Pokémon?

I checked Serebii.net to see if he's caught Typhlosion and... nope, not yet. Typhlosion has actually appeared in the anime surprisingly little. It appeared in The Legend of Thunder, two Hoenn episodes, made very brief cameos in The Power of Us and the GOTCHA! music video and... that's it.
Raichu fans: Raichu is the most hated Pokemon by the anime! It gets constantly demonized and only appears to get shown up by Pikachu...

Typhlosion fans: Hold my exploding badger.

Last edited:
The fact that Goh's goal is so boring and so poorly written that people in here and either shaking out of fear of Goh catching one of their faves or heartbroken that he did capture them just shows how much the writers are miserably failling with this character, and the writers are/were clearly thinking the fandom would be DELIGHTED to see it. But nah, everyone is afraid instead.

And it's sad but SO funny to me I'M CRYINGGGG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The fact that Goh's goal is so boring and so poorly written that people in here and either shaking out of fear of Goh catching one of their faves or heartbroken that he did capture them just shows how much the writers are miserably failling with this character, and the writers are/were clearly thinking the fandom would be DELIGHTED to see it. But nah, everyone is afraid.

And it's sad but SO funny to me I'M CRYINGGGG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's sad that I was able to list al of Goh's pokemon without looking them up. He also is not good at his goal either, Ash has more mons than him.

The fact that Goh's goal is so boring and so poorly written that people in here and either shaking out of fear of Goh catching one of their faves or heartbroken that he did capture them just shows how much the writers are miserably failling with this character, and the writers are/were clearly thinking the fandom would be DELIGHTED to see it. But nah, everyone is afraid instead.

When JN ends a new condition will be added to dsm-5 (diagnostic manual for psychologists) "Go PTSD" :cry: or a new phobia:cry:.

Honestly, I'm not afraid of Goh catching Pokemon that I like. I get why people don't like it when most of his Pokemon tend to be in the lab, but it doesn't really make me upset or afraid of Goh catching more Pokemon. Even with Goh catching Suicune, my reaction is more along the lines of "Oh neat" as opposed to something like "Darn it Goh has caught another one of my favorite Pokemon."

I checked Serebii.net to see if he's caught Typhlosion and... nope, not yet. Typhlosion has actually appeared in the anime surprisingly little. It appeared in The Legend of Thunder, two Hoenn episodes, made very brief cameos in The Power of Us and the GOTCHA! music video and... that's it.
Raichu fans: Raichu is the most hated Pokemon by the anime! It gets constantly demonized and only appears to get shown up by Pikachu...

Typhlosion fans: Hold my exploding badger.
For a starter Pokémon, Typhlosion has received criminally little attention in the anime. Must be because Ash hardly ever evolved any of his Pokémon in Johto (Chikorita into Bayleef was his only Johto evolution).

Actually, even Quilava has been done almost as dirty. Ash's Quilava's battle debut was mostly off-screen in favor of Team Rocket shenanigans, Dawn's evolved after she had already left Ash and appeared very little afterwards, some others appeared in a handful of Johto episodes leading up to and during the Johto League, and that's about it. Not as bad ad Typhlosion, but bad still. If Ash's Quilava or Dawn ever returns, I want to see a Typhlosion.

For a starter Pokémon, Typhlosion has received criminally little attention in the anime. Must be because Ash hardly ever evolved any of his Pokémon in Johto (Chikorita into Bayleef was his only Johto evolution).

Actually, even Quilava has been done almost as dirty. Ash's Quilava's battle debut was mostly off-screen in favor of Team Rocket shenanigans, Dawn's evolved after she had already left Ash and appeared very little afterwards, some others appeared in a handful of Johto episodes leading up to and during the Johto League, and that's about it. Not as bad ad Typhlosion, but bad still. If Ash's Quilava or Dawn ever returns, I want to see a Typhlosion.
Well, at least Quilava got a nice showing in the Johto league. Typhlosion only got The Legend of Thunder, and I’m not sure how widely broadcasted it was.

Well, at least Quilava got a nice showing in the Johto league. Typhlosion only got The Legend of Thunder, and I’m not sure how widely broadcasted it was.
It's pretty obscure, from what I've seen.

I think that the reason that special was made at all was because the original plans to have each of the Legendary beasts have their own movie were abandoned in favor of dedicating the last Johto movie to the Eon duo instead.

Also, I think we're slipping into off-topic territory.

I am still asking myself about that Sentret that pops up but Go hasn't caught my fave pokemon because he hasn't gotten off his but and get in that plane to Alola already. I am happy about the Phamtump but England is getting it's episodes one at a time and keep on looping back to the begining (LOL) and a meme of a pokemon he needs is included
memes.jpg

Last edited:
No, that would be Ash in this case. Goh has caught a some of my favorite Ground types with Cubone, Sandile and Flygon though.

You wrote my opinion. I really love ground type and these three pokmons are one of my best pokemons.

I love cubone even if a lot of people don't like it and don't like its evolution. I love Martock more than cubone but still love them both with flygon and sandile. I love nidoran ♀, nidorina and nidoqueen

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom