• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Nakatani

Nuff said.
Reaction score
You go to play your Pokemon game (You know the one with your 20 EV trained Pokemon, and your 489 seen and caught Pokedex, the one where you traded/pal parked all your Pokemon to. Yea that one.) and it says, "The save file will be erased due to corruption or damage."

Well that just happened to me.

FML

I lost all my:
Legendaries
Shiny's
Promos
oh yea and countless hours of my life.

Thank you Nintendo for not upgrading to exportable save files.

This happens to me on Gamecube games. All. The. Time. I hate it. D:

Onoes! That's awful! =(

I'm sorry to hear that!

And no, it's not happened to me... and I'm glad it hasn't. You have my sympathy! =(

*hugs*

It's happened before. But only with my fake games.

Yeah, i agree with you, my friends gave me a ruby version (we say like a file burn in a game pak) when i don't play it around 3 the files corrupt, instead my firered (original cartridge) even if i don't play it, it not corrupts, can we explain it why??

Something similar happened to me once when the game told me that the save file was corrupted. I was freaking out for a moment but then the game just uploaded the game from the previous save and all I lost was about four to six hours worth of training. Annoying but I was relieved that the whole save wasn't lost. And yes, it was exactly the game where all my shinies, legendaries and everything else important was, so for a short moment I did feel what it's like to have all that hard work erased.

When this happened I was quite jealous of people with mad hacking skillz and whatnot, who most likely are able to copy their save files to a safe place. I was also reminded of how much I love my PS2 memory cards. I wish DS would have something similar, where you could restore all your most important game saves and I truly believe that Nintendo could do it if they wanted to. But I guess they rather put time and money on adding cameras and other "necessary" elements to the DS.

I never managed to reach that far into game before it happened to me. I was excited to finally get an Emerald cartridge, I only reached the first badge but since I already had Pal Park on my diamond, I was going to send over some pokemon to see how it worked. I wouldn't connect. I went back to my Emerald game and see "the save file is corrupt". When I went into an EBGames, hoping maybe one of the guys behind the counter might know what's going on, he informs me I have a bootleg copy. Note to self, don't by discontinued games on ebay from Hong Kongs, especially when they're selling dozens of them at a time.

You go to play your Pokemon game (You know the one with your 20 EV trained Pokemon, and your 489 seen and caught Pokedex, the one where you traded/pal parked all your Pokemon to. Yea that one.) and it says, "The save file will be erased due to corruption or damage."

Well that just happened to me.

FML

I lost all my:
Legendaries
Shiny's
Promos
oh yea and countless hours of my life.

Thank you Nintendo for not upgrading to exportable save files.
How did it happen to you? It happenend to me in Platinum and I lost do much. Just a warning kids; STAY CLEAR OF THE GTS!

That happened to my Ruby version. I was like "No freaking way...dahhhhh!!!" All my pokemon....gone.

Similiar to that, my Wii corrupted, causing all my data to wipe completely off the face of the earth. And on My Pokemon Ranch, I had all my legendaries, shinies, and my special pokemon on there. Thanks world :mad:

Oh man..that is truly awful. :( I haven't had that happen like that to mine before. Though I have had it "load a previous save" once or twice on me after a game freeze in Diamond, and my old GB Silver version's battery went dead on me and no longer holds saves files. Hopefully Black and White handle save files better.

If you need any help getting back on your feet with eggs or anything just let me know and I'll try to help you out. I'll be around all day today.

Well...when my older brother first brought his SoulSilver, whenever he connected it to the PokéWalker, the game would find any save made afterwards corrupt, so after phoning Nintendo, he was either told to get a replacement or never use the PokéWalker. He got a replacement.

Onoes! That's awful! =(

I'm sorry to hear that!

And no, it's not happened to me... and I'm glad it hasn't. You have my sympathy! =(

*hugs*

Thanks for the apathy.

Something similar happened to me once when the game told me that the save file was corrupted. I was freaking out for a moment but then the game just uploaded the game from the previous save and all I lost was about four to six hours worth of training. Annoying but I was relieved that the whole save wasn't lost. And yes, it was exactly the game where all my shinies, legendaries and everything else important was, so for a short moment I did feel what it's like to have all that hard work erased.

When this happened I was quite jealous of people with mad hacking skillz and whatnot, who most likely are able to copy their save files to a safe place. I was also reminded of how much I love my PS2 memory cards. I wish DS would have something similar, where you could restore all your most important game saves and I truly believe that Nintendo could do it if they wanted to. But I guess they rather put time and money on adding cameras and other "necessary" elements to the DS.

Yea that has happened to me before so when I saw the blue screen I wasn't stressing and just kept button massing A then the game started with Oak talking and I was like that never happens.

omg, im so sorry for you. ;O
but its never happened for me.

Thanks for the apathy.

I never managed to reach that far into game before it happened to me. I was excited to finally get an Emerald cartridge, I only reached the first badge but since I already had Pal Park on my diamond, I was going to send over some pokemon to see how it worked. I wouldn't connect. I went back to my Emerald game and see "the save file is corrupt". When I went into an EBGames, hoping maybe one of the guys behind the counter might know what's going on, he informs me I have a bootleg copy. Note to self, don't by discontinued games on ebay from Hong Kongs, especially when they're selling dozens of them at a time.

Yea I bought a Platinum version from hong kong for like 2 bucks american and I took 4 ever to get here so my gf was like F'it and went out and bought me the game. So when I got the one from hong kong I compared it to the one my gf got me and the box art looked photo copied so I checked the bar code and what do you know a perfect match. Needless to say I took it to best buy with my receipt of the original and got my money back.

How did it happen to you? It happenend to me in Platinum and I lost do much. Just a warning kids; STAY CLEAR OF THE GTS!

I just finished battling/trading Brent and Johto Trainer and was going to Breed/EV train a blissey and roserade when I needed to stop for a minute to do something "I can't remember what," so I saved and set down my DS and when I came back and turned it on BLUE SCREEN of Death...

That happened to my Ruby version. I was like "No freaking way...dahhhhh!!!" All my pokemon....gone.

Similiar to that, my Wii corrupted, causing all my data to wipe completely off the face of the earth. And on My Pokemon Ranch, I had all my legendaries, shinies, and my special pokemon on there. Thanks world :mad:

Oh man..that is truly awful. :( I haven't had that happen like that to mine before. Though I have had it "load a previous save" once or twice on me after a game freeze in Diamond, and my old GB Silver version's battery went dead on me and no longer holds saves files. Hopefully Black and White handle save files better.

If you need any help getting back on your feet with eggs or anything just let me know and I'll try to help you out. I'll be around all day today.

Thanks for the offer, and I hope B/W have a better back up utility.

And to all those who read/posted thanks for taking the time to understand a fellow gamers troubles.

Because you could be next MuHAHAHAHA...

JK though I hope this never happens to anyone else nuff said.

That's why I'm thinking Nintendo never thought of that, when making the DSi with an SD-cardslot.. I mean, you could easily store save files on an SD-card :l

that must suck! i've never had that happen... how does that happen? i know some people have had thier boxes and party COMPLETELY FULL. everything done, never happened to them..

This happened to me when I played FireRed! Granted, FireRed came out practically when DS's did, so I didn't really care all that much, but I thought the problem was gone when the DS games showed up.
I migrated ALL of my Pokemon from my Sapphire & Emerald games to the DS games I have so I wouldn't have the same problems.
I heard you can save your gamefile on the computer in the new games, & since I'm too computer-suckish to backup my save files right now, I am trading all my good Pokemon from Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold to Pokemon Black & trading back useless Starly's or something so I can save them on the computer.
I'm sorry that happened to you!

this happened to my ruby, a picture of birch's bag appeared when i hit saved, with a clock in the bottom. after 1 minute, i restart, and poof! deleted.

Condolence.

What happens when you reach over 999:99?

this happened to my ruby, a picture of birch's bag appeared when i hit saved, with a clock in the bottom. after 1 minute, i restart, and poof! deleted.

Condolence.

What happens when you reach over 999:99?

When you reach 999:59 on the timer, it just stops going up. Nothing else changes.

The closest I ever got to this was one time in a Blue version I got from a friend that couldn't hold saves. Sad.

Although I have had multiple times where someone would be an idiot and make a new game on my Silver cartridge and save over my game. It's how my first save file (on any game) got deleted. Here's the conversation that ensued:

Me: You... Saved a new game?
Idiot: Yes!
Me: There's only one save file.
Idiot: I didn't know.
Me: IT TELLS YOU RIGHT BEFORE YOU SAVE THAT YOU'LL BE OVERWRITING THE GAME!
Idiot: It didn't.
Me: *Facepalm*
Idiot: But I got really far!
Me (Still facepalming): How.. far..?
Idiot: I just got my first Pokémon!
(Initiate wall punching about three hours later when I'm in bed)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom