• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hatsune Miku to Make US Concert Debut at Anime Expo 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netto Azure

«The Ashen Knight»
Reaction score

May 12th 2011
JAPAN'S VIRTUAL POP STAR HATSUNE MIKU TO MAKE U.S. CONCERT
DEBUT AT ANIME EXPO 2011
The Concert Will Feature The World's First
Digital Diva Performing In 3D

LOS ANGELES (May 12, 2011) -- Hatsune Miku, a Japanese virtual pop idol whose computer-generated singing and holographic performances have sparked a new form of musical entertainment, will thrill U.S. audiences for the first time when she performs live in concert at Anime Expo, North America's largest anime and manga celebration in Los Angeles from July 1 - 4, 2011. In addition to her live concert, Hatsune Miku will be Anime Expo's first Virtual Guest of Honor.

A digital diva famous worldwide for her ankle-length aqua-colored pigtails and distinctive voice, Hatsune Miku will light up the stage at Nokia Theater on July 2 nd in her U.S. live concert debut presented by The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, Crypton Future Media, Inc., SEGA Corporation, Tokyo Kawaii Magazine (ASCII Media Works) and Toyota Motor Sales, USA.

Created by Crypton Future Media, Inc. in 2007, Hatsune Miku's voice is synthesized using YAMAHA's VOCALOID (= Vocal + Android) software application, to produce a fully synthetic voice with unprecedented quality and remarkable realism by typing in lyrics and setting a melody. To date, her voice has been featured in more than 100,000 songs and videos created and shared by fans worldwide. She has been sampled in CDs, DVDs, games, novels, and figures and her sell-out, computer-graphic-driven live performances have become legendary. Attesting to her unique star power, Toyota selected Hatsune Miku to star in a U.S. ad campaign for the 2011 Corolla – which has been named the Official Car of her July 2 concert at Anime Expo.

“Fans in North America have been clamoring for Miku to perform here and we have listened,” said Marc Perez, Chairman and CEO of the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, the non-profit that produces Anime Expo. “We're extremely excited to be able to present this 21st Century star at Anime Expo in what promises to be an unforgettable experience for all.”

The Anime Expo concert will be based on “39's Giving Day,” the first-ever solo concert by Hatsune Miku held in Japan on March 9, 2010, which was heralded by media worldwide. Visuals for the July 2 concert are created by SEGA with Crypton Future Media supervising overall production.

Hatsune Miku will be Anime Expo's first Virtual Guest of Honor and will join the line-up of Anime Expo 2011 Guests of Honor that includes the chart-topping Japanese pop trio Kalafina, Japanese TV Host and blogger Danny Choo and voice actor Vic Mignogna. Themed the “Year of the Fan,” Anime Expo 2011 will fully immerse guests into the world of Japanese animation, manga (comic books), music, fashion and games. Anime Expo is a non-stop marathon of Japanese pop culture that's been likened to Halloween in July.
To stay updated on all of the latest Anime Expo 2011 news, follow us on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook and check us out on YouTube.
CRAP THAT MIKU TOYOTA COMMERCIAL MAKES BIG FOOKIN SENSE NOW!

I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO GO TO ANIME EXPO NOW RIGHT HERE IN LA!!!!!!!!! <3

OMG!!!!Really i love her!!!!I Soooo Really want to go now!!!:DHatsune Miku is my favorite Vocaloid too!!!!XDXDXDXD

Lulzy, I saw this.

Tickets sold out so fast....it's unbelievable.

Tons of people are asking for them on both Facebook and Craigslist. And they're offering TONS of cash. But I don't think anyone will give away their tickets for any price.

Lulzy, I saw this.

Tickets sold out so fast....it's unbelievable.

Tons of people are asking for them on both Facebook and Craigslist. And they're offering TONS of cash. But I don't think anyone will give away their tickets for any price.
They are sold out!!!D: Awww this might be the only time i can see her...Now i am more depressed...:,(

Indeed, this is quite depressing.

The upside, of course, is that most people attending this shit are never ever going to reproduce.

Indeed, this is quite depressing.

The upside, of course, is that most people attending this shit are never ever going to reproduce.

Hahaha lol!!!I think so too!!!XDWell there goes my plan for Anime Expo...:/

Oh also yeah lol i saw that Hatsune Miku Toyota Commercial on YouTube!XD I don't know why but made me laugh out loud!!!XDVery Convincing though!:/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I bought my Anime Expo ticket today

But I was surprised that it sold out the same day LOL. xD

Well, I don't listen to Japanese songs (why would I? I don't understand japanese) so I wouldn't know. But she(it? since its sort of computer programme?) must be very popular if the tickets sold out in a day.

Well, I don't listen to Japanese songs (why would I? I don't understand japanese) so I wouldn't know. But she(it? since its sort of computer programme?) must be very popular if the tickets sold out in a day.

Yeah, it's a meme on NicoNico (Japanese YT), and you can find lots of vocaloid songs made with it.

In fact, the Nyan Cat music was a vocaloid meme....

This is nice. If only for seeing a hologram doing a live performance.

Saw a bit of Hatsune Miku on YT. The hologram is pretty fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom