• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Have you ever fantasized about being in an anime, huh?

Harryghost

A baby is born with a need to be loved.
Reaction score
So, yeah, the title says it all. Have you ever fantasized and envisioned yourself (or any of your original creations, for that matter) as being a part of an anime, be it riding on a Charizard or having a friendly battle with your favorite character? Share it all in this thread!

Okay, so I'll go first. I, for one, have been fantasizing about Pokémon since when I was ten or eleven years old (hence the inspiration for this thread, dah!). None of that was pretty significant, though. About an year ago, however, I envisioned and fantasized an entire Pokémon series with a whole set of original creations: protagonists, (though, none of them was based off me!), Professor, rivals, Gym Leaders and many more, and of course, a villainous team, in a made-up region called Fronda, spanning somewhere between 140 to 145 episodes, each of an hour. Yeah, I realized one Pokémon episode is equivalent to one hour of fantasy of the same episode, so... Eh... I even thought about posting my series, episode by episode on these forums for everyone to read and review a few days ago but, one, I am not very good at describing things, let alone one hour of faint memory from nearly an year and half ago, and two, that sounds like a lot of work, so I decided to drop out on the idea! :p

Besides, I also envision myself as part of Fairy Tail occasionally, but none of them have been as deep and close to my heart as the Pokémon series I just described above.

I've been considering making up my own Pokemon region recently too. At first I thought it would be neat to make up my own fakemon, but it's a lot harder to design them than I thought. No big deal, there are 800+ official Pokemon to populate my region so I should be working on other things like the protagonists, the evil team, the Professor, etc...

When I was younger, the only anime(s) I've really put much thought into about wanting to be in were Pokemon, Digimon, Zoids, and Beyblade. For the former two and Beyblade, I never thought of making up my own 'mons or Bit-Beast's (as like the person above mentioned it's a bit harder to come up with lol), just what teams/Digimon & Crest/Beyblade I'd likely have; for Zoids, I remember imagining myself with a Unicorn Zoid lol. I think these series leads to a lot of easy and fun potential for coming up with ideas for the viewer's own hypothetical adventure, at least especially for child me.

A few other series I've thought about in a occasional "what if?" scenario over the years were:
Fairy Tail
Chrono Crusade
Bleach
Pandora Hearts
Wolf's Rain

Soul Eater
Sword Art Online
Tokyo Ghoul
Vampire Knight
Rosario + Vampire
Shiki

Those in bold were especially when I came up with edgier scenarios in fanfiction (and admittedly still do in some cases lol, I like edgy stuff okay). May not have been well thought out, but it was still fun and is one of the reasons I like going back to those series at times.

Absolutely yes! Just this morning when I was laying in bed I was thinking about living in the world of Mob Psycho 100 lol, even if it probably wouldn't be very safe. I even envision a self-insert version of myself in various anime and think about what it would be like. Have done this since I was a little kid and it seems like I'm not about to stop anytime soon :'D;;

I always felt like I would be a supporting cast member or otherwise somewhat innocuous character, perhaps someone who operates back at base - not because I necessarily identify as someone sat clacking behind a keyboard, but because I couldn't imagine myself hanging around the typical shounen protagonist without developing an aneurysm. Maybe I'd be a senior adviser to the head good or bad guy, with a tricky power I don't reveal until late in the game.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom