• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever gotten mad at Game Freak?

"Hold up. Alomomola is in no way related to Luvdisc, and Buffalon has nothing to do with Tauros?
I reject your reality."

Hmmmm... How about when I realized you have to raise your Pokes to lv 100 in BW. =_= Apart from that, GF is cool

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
And then Cyrus was awesome in DP. Compelling, fearsome, sympathetic, and he really made you think. Then Platinum comes along and it seems like they tried to make him a stock villain. Doesn't help that the anime took his line about the universe being for him alone and ran with it, despite him contradicting it later on in Platinum itself. Even people who only played Pt thought that line was wildly out of character. It's like they didn't want to make the player like him TOO much, even though honestly that wasn't a problem. We wanted to defeat him. We wanted to bring an end to all his sick plans. Just because then we wanted to see him get help afterwards didn't take away from his impact as a villain.

I never played DP, but I still thought Cyrus was all those things you listed him as. And I thought Cyrus telling the PC that his speech of a new world for Team Galactic was a lie WAS in-character for him. In his eyes, the world can't be perfect if it isn't in his vision, and his vision alone.

Plus it's obvious that he hasn't ENTIRELY discarded emotion. He's on the "very emotional" side, which he hates, I think. D: Plus towards the end of his plot, you can't blame him for snapping a little. A HUGE SHADOWY POKEMON came out of nowhere, grabbed him, then dragged him into the opposite side of our world, a barren wasteland where nothing exists. The PC defeating Cyrus, and then catching/defeating Giratina was the final straw, I think.

This. A hundred thousand times, this. I am dead sick of running a search for Golurk and finding a level 100 shiny... only to find the Trainer wants a blasted level 1 Zekrom. C'mon, ask for something doable. I can get it to you! My four shiny Goletts can vouch for this! :banghead:

IKR. I actually liked the DP Global Terminal and would like them to bring it back...

yea, I've gotten mad at GameFreak. When I was fighting the guy in White.

I was kinda of annoyed when we got the Rontoms to have a new type.
But the flying one has LEVITATE as its ability!

Mostly for the new exp system. It's kind of a double-edged sword considering the fact that it is way easier to level up weaker pokemon now.

I was kinda of annoyed when we got the Rontoms to have a new type.
But the flying one has LEVITATE as its ability!
how about a whole team of fire/rock types. one exception Rotom. then in B/W water is super effective on rotom... Also if you think grass types have it bad, what about rock types. being weak against the common types grass,water,fighting,steel,ground, is just horrible.

I never played DP, but I still thought Cyrus was all those things you listed him as. And I thought Cyrus telling the PC that his speech of a new world for Team Galactic was a lie WAS in-character for him. In his eyes, the world can't be perfect if it isn't in his vision, and his vision alone.

Plus it's obvious that he hasn't ENTIRELY discarded emotion. He's on the "very emotional" side, which he hates, I think. D: Plus towards the end of his plot, you can't blame him for snapping a little. A HUGE SHADOWY POKEMON came out of nowhere, grabbed him, then dragged him into the opposite side of our world, a barren wasteland where nothing exists. The PC defeating Cyrus, and then catching/defeating Giratina was the final straw, I think.

Well yes, his VISION alone, but the way the line was delivered seemed to indicate that he wanted to be the only thing that existed. Remember how the anime took it? There's a pretty big difference between a single idea and a single being.

And yes, of course he's extremely emotional, and pretty bad at hiding it for that matter. But he says the "only for me" part when he's rather calm, and then later talks about others being there first while being in full anticipation mode while he's using the Red Chain, and later still says it during his breakdown right before he leaves. So he addressed it in a few different emotional states.

Just the lack of tutors in Black and White...
Oh how I loved the tutors in HGSS...

Just the lack of tutors in Black and White...
Oh how I loved the tutors in HGSS...

They always add the tutors in the third game. It's how they've always done it, since they were introduced. So I wasn't mad when they didn't add them in BW because they haven't done it traditionally.

Black City/White Forest mechanics that cause clock adjustments to induce total abandonment of the areas.
I angryhnng'd so hard when I got to the former only to find a few large parallelipipeds.

Also the whole fiasco regarding the Dream World Eeveelutions, but I don't think that's GF's fault.

Black City/White Forest mechanics that cause clock adjustments to induce total abandonment of the areas.
I angryhnng'd so hard when I got to the former only to find a few large parallelipipeds.

What are you talking about? My Black City is and always has been completely full and my 3DS has seen more time travel than a DeLorean.

With a mustache.

What are you talking about? My Black City is and always has been completely full and my 3DS has seen more time travel than a DeLorean.

With a mustache.

How fast did you beat the game?

It could be that the 3DS clock doesn't affect it, though. I play with a Lite.

How fast did you beat the game?

It could be that the 3DS clock doesn't affect it, though. I play with a Lite.

Well, let's see. I got it the day it came out in America, which was a Sunday... beat it that Tuesday... pretty damn fast, I'd say.

If that's the case, then the DSi's clock doesn't affect it either, 'cause that's what I had at first when I got the games and I've had to change the time on that every so often.

With a mustache.

Well, let's see. I got it the day it came out in America, which was a Sunday... beat it that Tuesday... pretty damn fast, I'd say.

If that's the case, then the DSi's clock doesn't affect it either, 'cause that's what I had at first when I got the games and I've had to change the time on that every so often.

With a mustache.

Ah, that explains it, then (. .) Residents don't disappear unless you additionally take more than ten days to get there, at least going from what I've read.
'Swhat I get fur beinh so zetta slow (, ,)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom