• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever had a bad egg?

GoldeenTail

wats a user title
Reaction score
Since we had a coule Pokerus topic here and there, why not one for the bad eggs?

Bad eggs are space eating egg slipped in by GameFreak since Gen III. They're space eaters because bad eggs don't hatch, and you can't release unhatched eggs. The eggs was used to punished hackers who hacked RSE, and thus it is only obtainable through hacking. They are also otainable if you don't hack your game, but its extremely rare, more rare than Pokerus. All and all, its bad. Hince. bad egg.

I never got the egg before, but it did happen to a couple kids in my old school back when the Ruby and Sapphire era was released not so long ago. He went crazy, and tried to hatch the egg so hard. He soon learned he couldn't, and
gave up. What about you?

I had a bad egg appear in my PC after I caught Seviper and Zangoose. I thought it was a result of their rivalry! O_O

Once on my friends diamond that i was playing for him he was pissed as he had to reset and it appered in his pc outta nowhere and he never hacked.

I'm a noob hack with AR, so yes, I've seen a couple of bad eggs. 8D; I always reset when I see them, eheh...

I used an AR to cath trainers pokemon before. (Sadly my AR is now chewed up by dogs) I tried to catch Aaron's drapion on platinum. It said "Give a nickname to the newly caught BAD EGG?" It didn't show up in my PC though.

Yes, but I reset everytime I see one. Surprisingly I've only seen one, and that was Barry's Torterra. :p

Yeah, I did. For some reason in my LeafGreen, I think an Articuno turned into a Bad Egg. I didn't even own a GameShark so I don't know what caused it. I ended up buying a GameShark to get rid of it, iirc.

I once had a bad egg that came from the daycare. I don't know how it got there, but after 20,000+ steps, it hatched into a Phione.

Bad eggs seem a lot more common in gen 3. I never had a bad egg in gen 4.

I saw many many bad eggs during the Gamestop "Best hacker Trainer on the Block" PBR tourneys. I haven't gotten any Gen III or IV bad eggs though.

Only when I transfered them to PBR. I don't know why, I never hacked them.

Only when I transfered them to PBR. I don't know why, I never hacked them.

If you max out the EVs, to where the game thinks you are a n00b hacker, it will bad egg them. It's pretty much a hack filter, just like in R/S/E/FR/LG.

I accidentally made an entire party of bad eggs with AR. I couldn't exit any buildings or use my box without the game freezing so I just started over.

Not really. I once had a bad egg from a Tyranitar, and once I soft reset the game, it was long gone.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom