• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Have you ever had a female starter?

Reaction score
If we're talking about the beginning of the game, then I actually happen to get female starters very often. I would say just as close as the 50% of the times.

cute charm
Reaction score
off the top of my head just my cyndaquil in soul silver! i named her maggie
i wish i got female starters more often :c

Anyone Else Here Miss Gen. I?
Reaction score
I just started Ultra Moon and managed to get a female Litten.
Her name is Princess.
No, I'm not going to change it when she evolves.
I got a female Bulbasaur in Pokemon LeafGreen.

It is I: ME!
Reaction score
My Pikachu from Pokémon Yellow turned out to be female when I traded it over to Gold.

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was pretty happy when I chose a Snivy for B2 (which was my first Gen. V game) and it was a female. I gave her the name Serperia and had her as the Queen of the team and mother to a whole bunch of Snivy. :giggle: Couldn't wish for a better start.

#MyLittlePonyta
Reaction score
A lot of people are reporting they got female Alolan starters. Are we sure the 12.5% thing is still accurate in this gen?
It is, trust me. I actually reset specifically for a female starter, and it took me a while in both Moon and Ultra Sun. (Got a female Litten in both and simply bred her to trade for the other two. The GTS can be useful once in a while if you make a good trade request.)

*trick or treat* Vee!
Reaction score
a couple times, kind of rare for sure
Fennekin long ago in Pokemon Y, can't remember what name I gave her
recently in Ultra Sun, in my cat team, I got a female Litten

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First time I got it was Gen3, female Mudkip. I think around Gen6 it started to become more common where like for me it was about 50/50 on whether I'd get a male or female starter. Before it used to be like 95% male starters.