• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever had a female starter?

Hello all,
I was pretty happy when I chose a Snivy for B2 (which was my first Gen. V game) and it was a female. I gave her the name Serperia and had her as the Queen of the team and mother to a whole bunch of Snivy. :giggle: Couldn't wish for a better start.

A lot of people are reporting they got female Alolan starters. Are we sure the 12.5% thing is still accurate in this gen?
It is, trust me. I actually reset specifically for a female starter, and it took me a while in both Moon and Ultra Sun. (Got a female Litten in both and simply bred her to trade for the other two. The GTS can be useful once in a while if you make a good trade request.)

a couple times, kind of rare for sure
Fennekin long ago in Pokemon Y, can't remember what name I gave her
recently in Ultra Sun, in my cat team, I got a female Litten

First time I got it was Gen3, female Mudkip. I think around Gen6 it started to become more common where like for me it was about 50/50 on whether I'd get a male or female starter. Before it used to be like 95% male starters.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom