• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever had dreams about Pokemon? Share them here!

I'm actually a psychic when it comes to Pokémon.

When I was playing Diamond, I dreamt of a grass snake Pokémon. I was creeped out when Snivy was announced. Other Pokémon I have predicted includes Cofagrigus, Pancham, Sawsbuck, Mienshao, Spritzee, Reuniclus, and Beheeyem.

What's next? I recently dreamed of a mecha-rabbit, a quicksand jackal and an ice puffin. Let's see when they will come out.
An ice penguin has come out, kind of. Don't wanna spoil the name, though.
The only specifically Pokemon dream that I can remember having is one a loonggg time ago (probably during Gen I) was a dream where I encountered a Rapidash with rainbow colored flames. It has always made me wish it were real.
There is! Kind of. Don't wanna spoil it for you, though.

I had this weird dream months ago where I was in a city subway. There were some police officers hanging around in the subway.

When I got back to ground level, there was a college-age girl trainer with a Pikachu on her shoulder. She was at the bus stop, using her phone (while standing up). I didn't see her face. I only knew she was a girl 'cause she had brown hair tied up in a ponytail.

(At this point, I "disappear" into thin air and am watching like a live-action camera. I'm not actually "there" anymore.)

But then, someone went and picked the girl's pocket. They left, and before the girl noticed, Pikachu hopped off her shoulder and into the subway. (The Pikachu was male, by the way , 'cause he had a flat tail.) He started pika-ing rapidly to the police officers, and they seemed to understand.

The dream ended here, but somehow I know that Pikachu was talking about the theft, and the police were gonna track down the thief with Pikachu's eyewitness skills.

Long time ago when the DS was a newer system, I used its alarm clock feature to wake up in the morning. It was during the night I set the time is when I was dreaming that I was watching the anime, it was in the middle of a battle. When an attack was just about to land, the sound paused the dream just like pausing a video.

I once had a dream of encountering and catching a shiny Zubat. I actually managed to catch two in Mt. Coronet (the first one was in Diamond while looking for Feebas, the second one was in Platinum).

Haven't had any memorable ones in recent years, but a couple I remember off the top of my head from the ages:

1. 2003, when Gen III was out in Japan but not released in English yet, I finally got my hands on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire, but when I played it, the graphics were all black & white LCD, and I was really disappointed.

2. 2014 or 2015, I was on Jeopardy playing against Marriland & Chuggaconroy (even though I've never met either of them and only know them from their YouTube LPs). The categories were all Pokémon-related things, for example Legendary Pokémon for $400, Villain Teams for $600, etc. Unfortunately I got woken up just as we were about to start Double Jeopardy by one of those late-night summer thunderstorms that Austin gets all the time (which is where I was going to college back then). I couldn't go back to sleep so I don't know who would've won but I remember at that point it was a pretty close race.

2. Late 2015, I was playing the Gen VII games (before SM were even announced) and I was having trouble defeating my Rival. He used the final evolution of the Fire-type starter, which was Fire/Fairy and looked like a bipedal bird (despite not being part Flying-type). I remember it also used Flare Blitz & Play Rough as its two main STABs, although I couldn't remember if Speed or Attack was its highest stat. While this didn't come true obviously, you gotta admit the similarities between my dream and SM turned out to be kind of striking. Decidueye was a bipedal bird that wasn't part Flying-type, Incineroar is a physical attacker who's main Fire-type STAB is Flare Blitz, and Primarina turned out to be the first part-Fairy starter evolution.

Recently (like last night), I had a dream that I was in a park, and a smaller-than-normal shiny Gallade was sitting on a bench. It told me through telepathy that it was looking for its Trainer, and I offered to train it and let it stay with me until I could get it back to its Trainer. I even remember knowing somehow that the Gallade knew Psycho Cut. The dream kind of fast-forwarded until Gallade and I were in a subway station. I went through two subway trains until I looked around and realized that Gallade wasn't with me! I couldn't believe that I lost something so precious.

In the second train, I met one of my friends from real life, and told him that I was looking for a shiny Gallade. He agreed to help me look for the Pokémon, and we got out of the subway and onto a road. We rode along the road and the road curved and winded. After a while, I thought I caught a glimpse of a Gallade riding on a bike and told my friend to drive faster. He tried, and this was when I realized that we were on a two-seater bike, and he was in front of me and pedaling as fast as he could. I joined in and started pedaling as fast as I could, too. Despite our best efforts, the Gallade went out of sight.

We rode to another park (different from the first one) and this is where the dream gets kinda hazy. My friend took me to some of his friends that I didn't know irl. We told them about my situation, and the friends all patted me on the back and told me they'd keep their eyes out for a shiny Gallade.

When I woke up, I realized I never did find that shiny Gallade again, and I was disappointed, despite it all being a dream.

such a shame that i haven't had a pokemon related dream in like, literal years

ever since i was a kid.

i miss them. ;__;
Same here, I've had game dreams that isn't pokemon, but no pokemon dreams.... I guess one way to compensate for that is to write/type up your very own fic of it and just envision it happening to you with you as the main character in the story...and just let it all out after that...and see where that gets you....

Weirdly, I haven't had one, at least not one I remember. It would be very awesome if it happened to me.

Does day dreaming count? Because I do that a lot.

I had a dream recently where I hatched a shiny G-Ponyta and got really excited, but then in a moment of bizarre lucidity I was disappointed because I realized I was dreaming, and thus I didn't actually have one, while I was still dreaming.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom