• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArceusAlpha493

The benevolant creator
Reaction score
I used to like Mewtwo but recently I hate it with a passion because of its fanbase always obsessing over how powerful it is over all the legendaries and completely bash other legendaries despite there are more legendaries that outclass it on both games and anime. I see alot of obnoxous fans on youtube and Nintendo Fan Forum. Also there is the problem of fans saying how it has the best design and the most powerful.

What about you? Was there a character from the games or anime that you hate because of its fans? Remember to respect others opinions and keep it civil.

I don't like Mudkip because of that horrible story / meme.

Charizard. C'mon people, it's not as impressive as you think it is!

I hated Lucario before because it was far more popular (in my opinion) than it should have been. Now I only dislike it, just not as much as I did before.

I used to like Mewtwo but recently I hate it with a passion because of its fanbase always obsessing over how powerful it is over all the legendaries and completely bash other legendaries despite there are more legendaries that outclass it on both games and anime. I see alot of obnoxous fans on youtube and Nintendo Fan Forum. Also there is the problem of fans saying how it has the best design and the most powerful.
I gotta defend some Mewtwo fans he my favorite overall but I like him because of his background people think they know him but they gotta look past his stats.To answer the question it would have to be Arceus. Or people who love nothing BUT Ubers because they are so powerful I learned that Ubers aren't everything when getting into the competitive field.I have love for all Pokemon but when you come into battle wit 3 Darkrai go get a life. You asked I answered.

Oh yes, plenty.

Like Blaziken. And I used to like Blaziken before Gen V. I don't care that Speed Boost is fucking amazing, I don't want to hear that 24/7.

I don't hate Charizard because I see more people hating on it then liking it nowadays. I feel kind of bad for him.

CHARIZARD to the Nth degree!!!!!

Also, Lucario because it can suck it.

No, that's silly. To me anyways. I may not like the fans. I may not care for certain interpretations of a character and disagree with them. I may get sick of all the attention that's being given to a character due to feeling it's undeserved. But... I dunno, I just move on to something else and ignore it. My like for them is based on my opinion of them, not because of other fans.

However it should be noted that I don't play competitively, or battle much on Wifi period, so I can't say I know the annoyance of certain Pokémon constantly popping up on teams.

Charizard! Charizard! Charizard!!! From a fave mon of mine to one of the least like mons, it is all due to the fans.

Volkner, N and any Pokemon that people like because of the metagame.

This fucker...
QdCWo.jpg

I can't believe people seriously wanted it to be called "Smugleaf".

Misty, times a thousand. When i was younger I was on the "omg misty is awesome" bandwagon, but now, I can't stand anything about her. Her voice is the worst (in both language versions), and she is such a stereotypical red-haired tsundere that it's not even funny or endearing. Don't even get me started on her stealing Togepi. I long for the day when all the fans go "who's misty". One day...

I agree with Pikachu. People who aren't real Pokemon fans claim to love Pokemon just because they know who Pikachu is. It disgusts me.

N, Volkner, Falkner, Riley, Cynthia, Caitlin....:| And Morty too. And I used to love Morty.

I felt this way about Misty for a short while. I don't think there is any other character in the fandom that has a fanbase quite as....well, lets say, 'colourful' as hers. I got over it relatively quickly though, as I actually do like Misty as a character in general.

Otherwise, I can't really think of any other examples. But there are times when fans can definitely play a part in accentuating my dislike of characters I wasn't too fond of in the first place.

Prof. Oak. I never liked him, and the pedo myths just made me never want to talk to him again.

Otherwise, I can't really think of any other examples. But there are times when fans can definitely play a part in accentuating my dislike of characters I wasn't too fond of in the first place.

This pretty much. Examples for me include Mijumaru and Goukazaru, especially the former. Its repetitive antics in early BW and being thrown into scenes pointlessly really made me dislike the character, and I just didn't really get why people wanted more like that.

I hate on Pikachu. Because of the fans. I mean, look at its stats, people! Light Ball helps but I think it is rare. Plus, people think they like Pokemon if they know Pikachu. Has anyone said this, because I only read the first post. Plus, Pikachu has an advantage on my favorite Pokemon, Blastoise, not to go off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom