• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever hated a Poke`mon then loved it later?

I didn't like Electivire simply because his design was kind of ugly to me... ^^;

But once I bred an Elekid and started training him, I realized he was super powerful! Now I can overlook my shallow judgment and love Electivire~

There were also a few Pokemon I did not care much for, but after reading their trivia or "lore", loved a lot :D

I used to not like Scraggy and Scrafty, and I can't even remember why.

At this point, they're some of my favorites of Generation V.

Most recently would be Druddigon. Hated it because it's design and name were just ugh, but after training it up a little, I once again, fell in love lol
Don't get me started on Druddigon--I thought it was an ugly beast and I hated it. Then I caught one and started to train her. Negatron (it's a Family Guy joke) became my new favorite Dragon. And she's so adorable.

Then there's Sawk. Man, oh man, Sawk. I hated him. He was ugly, he was a pure Fighting type and I figured I would never, ever use that thing on my team at all, period. If I never saw one, then I'd be more than okay with that. Then I needed a Fighting type for Lenora's gym. I had two options: Timburr or Sawk.

After a wild Sawk fainted out two of my team and destroyed five Balls, I was speechless. I finally caught him, named him Tremblor, took him to Lenora's gym and walked out with a Badge in less than ten minutes. I went from grudgingly respecting Sawk to out and out loving him in less than an hour. How much do I love this guy? As of late, I do a run through on GTS for three different Pokemon--Golett, Golurk and Sawk.

What can I say? For a Fighting type, Sawk's actually pretty darned cute. :crush:

Spr_5b_346.png

uh, also machamp; i had initially refused to use it, but after testing it in 4th gen, oh my god. it's so good it almost hurts.

it's not as good as it once was, but it's still a solid mon.

Reiniclus, or however you spell it. When I saw its sprite for the first time before B/W came out, I thought it looked retarded. But its official artwork looked amazing to me. It went from being my least favorite Unova Pokemon to one of my favorites.

I used to hate Pidgey and always opted to capture Spearow as my main bird in FireRed/LeafGreen over it. When I was stuck with it in a Nuzlocke run in LeafGreen, Pidgey actually proved itself to be not worthless to me and worth keeping around. Oh Nuzlockes, you make me love mons I hated before.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom