• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever solo'd?

Have you ever solo'd?

• Gym Battles with one pokemon

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • The Pokemon League with one pokemon

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • The entire region with one pokemon for battles AND HMs

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • The entire region with one pokemon for battles, but used other pokemon for HM slaves

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • Never have solo'd

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Whether it be a certain gym battle, the pokemon league, or the entire region - Did you ever solo'd using only ONE pokemon?

For me, I had solo'd the entire Johto region with just my Typhlosion in GSC. Of course... I did have to use Azumarill as an HM slave, but never in battles :)

Re: Did you ever solo'd?

I challenged the Johto Elite 4 with only Meganium. It was close, but I defeated Lance in the end.

I have gone through a whole region with one Pokemon and used HM slaves along the way and I quite commonly only use one Pokemon for the first 2 Gyms of a Pokemon game. Other than that I like to go through the Elite Four with at least four Pokemon in the party, so I do a lot of training just before I enter.

Solo'd LeafGreen with Blastoise and later Venusaur.

Solo'd Lance in HGSS with Electivire. Aaaand solo'd every rematch gym leader with Typhlosion.

I solo'd Ruby with Blaziken. It was actually really easy. In the end he was so far above the opponent's in levels that type disadvantages basically didn't matter.

I used other mons for HMs, and I had to use an HM slave in the battle against Tate & Liza because it wouldn't let me challenge them with only one, but they were like level 5 so they basically just died straight away and left the battle to my Blaziken.

I never have solo'd. I tried to have my team's Pokemons' levels similar. Sometimes a leader Pokemon might get a few levels ahead but in battles I try to send out many Pokemon rather than relying just on one.

The entire region with one Pokemon for battles, but used other Pokemon for HM slaves.

I finished all the boss battles of Pokemon Red with a Rattata, Crystal with a Sentret and Emerald with a Zigzagoon. Red was a piece of cake, Crystal had a few annoying moments, but generally wasn't too bad, and as for Emerald... damn, I nearly went crazy, especially against Liza & Tate. At least I discovered Mud Sport has some use after all when I fought Wattson.

Soloing the game is my default strategy for the in-game. I always use different Pokemon for HM's though.

To date, I have solo'd:

LeafGreen with Bulbasaur
LeafGreen with Venusaur
FireRed with Charizard
FireRed with Blastoise
HeartGold with Meganium
SoulSilver with Typhlosion
SoulSilver with Feraligatr
Sapphire with Sceptile
Emerald with Blaziken
Diamond with Torterra
Platinum with Torterra
Platinum with Empoleon
White with Serperior (it was NOT easy)

I solo the game so much, the strategy has become stale and I'm now working on playing through the games like I started: with a team of Pokemon.

I was able to solo a couple of the gyms in Black and White. For example I soloed Clay with Servine and Brycen with Scrafty, My Pokemon were leveled up as much as the Gym leader's Pokemon so it was easy.Thats the obly game Ice ever been able to solo gym leaders in. I also soloed Lance in Soul Silver with my Electivire which knows the 3 Elemental Punches and Brick Break.

All of Emerald with Blaziken.

And Infernape took down the Sinnoh League (Platinum) by itself.

I'm pretty sure I once solo'd Silver with Feraligatr. No idea why but I do remember restarting the game when it was Level 99.

I did use some other Pokemon for HM's though.

When I was first playing Pokemon, the concept of raising a rounded teem never occurred to me, barring a few HM slaves I just used Blaziken when I first played sapphire.

I've played multiple times in several games with just one Pokemon, often because I become too fed up building a new team every time. I mainly solo if I just want to complete the region really quickly, the games become ridiculously easy if solo'ing.

Gold with Typhlosion
Gold with Furret
Gold with Onix (from Violet City)
Ruby with Blaziken
Ruby with Sceptile
Emerald with Swampert

I played Gold so much, I can draw the whole map right now. :p (and the same goes for Ruby, except the water routes xD).

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also used HM slaves, because of Surf, Fly and stuff.

I usually solo most of a game with the water starter.

White with my Samurott. the only troubles were Cilan's super-effectiveness and the fact that Darkstorm (my Zekrom) Stood no chance against N and Ghetsis.

Back when I played pokemon for the first time, I solo'd my pokemon yellow game with nidoking. It was the 1st pokemon I ever caught (as a nidoran just outside viridian city on the path that leads to victory road)

Yes, it was exceedingly boring and due to the non-linear relationship between levels and power it was incredibly easy as well.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom