• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever solo'd?

Have you ever solo'd?

• Gym Battles with one pokemon

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • The Pokemon League with one pokemon

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • The entire region with one pokemon for battles AND HMs

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • The entire region with one pokemon for battles, but used other pokemon for HM slaves

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • Never have solo'd

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
I solo'd the very first time I played (Gold, Cyndaquil -> Typhlosion), mostly due to lack of experience. It was easy, until I met Red...

also, in FireRed I solo'd about 4 gyms with my Charmander, but just because I wanted Fly quick, and every Pokémon I wanted to add to my team, was obtainable later in the game. It was already a Charizard when I entered SS Anne :lol:

I went through all of Pokemon Blue once with an unevolved Pikachu (I got it ASAP, and used it exclusively from that point on), just to prove a point about how rediculously over-powered Ash's pikachu in the anime was.. I did use HM slaves, but Pikachu was my only battling pokemon... brock was a pain in the butt, misty went down fast, the rest of the game wasn't too bad with a bit of patience.
the move set it ended up with was:
Toxic
Thunderbolt
Body Slam
Thunder Wave
Toxic on ground types, everything else paralyzed with thunder wave, then bolt and body slam to clean up.

Other than that, I've done it in Gold, and Red, but none have been as hard as that damn pikachu.... because of that run, I absolutely hate pikachu now, lol I have never used one since, nor have I used a raichu.

I solo'ed my Ruby with Swampert knowing surf/eq/ice beam/strength. It was lvl 80~ towards the end.

I always did that, but now on Black I try to have two Pokémon on a high level, so at the end I'll have two with Level 100...

I've solo'd Leaf Green with Blastoise (and HM slaves) and I'm currently soloing Soul Silver with just a Rattata. A "top percentage" Rattata :D

Solo'd FireRed with Blastoise, Gold and subsequently HeartGold with Feraligatr and Emerald with Blaziken.

The closest I came was in Emerald. I used Sceptile until I caught Sabeleye and then just those two until I caught the Regis. I used HM slaves for everything but Cut.

To be honest, I don't ever recall myself playing a Pokemon game where I don't solo. I like it when I have a level 40 starter when my opponent has a level 29 monster or something.

I did solo'd,but only Pokemon League and it was with Typhlosion back in Crystal and I was close to doing it in Black with Galvantula.

Gym-wise, I remember soloing a few of the Unova gyms unintentionally (I wanna say... Brycen and Drayden, but I'm not positive), and one gym in LeafGreen unintentionally (Sabrina; using a level 37 Ninetales). I did solo part of Sinnoh (I believe the last half) in Pearl with a Staraptor, and if I recall I had some Pokemon for HMs Staraptor couldn't use.

On my very first game on sapphire, (which was my 1st pokemon game) I solo'd with Blaziken. Then, I was 8, and didn't know it was a strategy, I just did it because I was stupid. Tate and Liza where hard as hell. On Platinum, I solo'd Byron, Candice, and Volkner with my Infernape. On White, I solo'd Brycen and Grimsley with Scrafty. And on my 2nd playthrough of White (I just didn't save) I solo'd Brycen with my Darmanitan, Iris with Krookodile, and Marshal with Swoobat.

In HG I pretty much abandoned all my pokemon except Sandshrew as soon as I got to Union Cave. The ice type gym leader kind of sucked but other than that it was pretty easy.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom