• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you watched every episode?

In general, I watched all episodes of main series, except those which only retold previous events. Though there are some that I missed from Pikachu shorts, Mystery Dungeon, event ones and other similar specials or promos.

No. Because the 3 banned episodes of that one AG episode and the two parter BW episodes are refused to be aired, outside of their previews. I also never seen all those Pikachu shorts, since... I don't know.

From Kanto to Sun and Moon, including movies, I have watched. Journeys, small bits, but like every series nowadays, I rather marathon them once they reach close to ending their saga or show.

No. While I’ve seen most of the episodes, I didn’t watch the later parts of BW, usually skip TRio episodes and I absolutely refuse to waste my time on the 2-in-1 fillers that Journeys introduced.

I'm nowhere near having seen every episode! The Kanto and Orange Islands episodes were broadcast fairly consistently in the UK, so I saw most of those, but the scheduling went a bit all over the place from Johto onwards. Some episodes were shown on ITV, while others were only shown on Sky, which I didn't have. Looking at the list of episodes to jog my memory, I think the only ones from the Johto saga that were shown on ITV were episodes 186-226. Pokemon came back to ITV briefly for the first 20 episodes of the Hoenn saga, after which I think the show must have moved onto Sky permanently because I didn't see any more episodes after that.

Episodes are much easier to find in the digital age thanks to Netflix, Pokemon TV and so on (I even found a few episodes of Black and White on Freeview). But now that I've missed so many episodes, and the show has changed so much in the time I was away, I don't feel as invested in it as I once was, and catching up with over a thousand episodes feels a little daunting. I've only watched a handful of episodes post-Hoenn. If Pokemon TV had every episode available I might consider doing a marathon, but the way they rotate episodes is a bit inconvenient.

I have seen all of the movies apart from Genesect and the Legend Awakened, Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, The Power of Us and Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution, which I plan to watch soon if I can find them. The movies are a good way of "keeping in touch" with the anime without needing to commit to watching every episode. I really enjoyed the alternate timeline in I Choose You! because it meant I could enjoy the film as a completely standalone story, without feeling as if I'd missed anything; I love the mini-series like Twilight Wings for the same reason.

Last edited:
Of course not, the only main series that I watched every episode are Original Series, Orange Islands, Advanced Generation, Battle Frontier and Diamond & Pearl. In addition to the main series, I have watched all Pokémon Chronicles episodes, all Pokémon Generations episodes, all Pokémon Movies and "especials" (I believe).

I intend, at some point, watch all Twilight Wings episodes, but no more.

I set my goal to watch every single episode ever aired, even those that weren't dubbed into English. I had a weird start to the anime, watching the Sun and Moon series first when I got into Pokemon originally, then I went back to the beginning and have been watching ever since.

I've been watching Journeys subbed since it came out, even after I decided to wait for the dub to come out, but it was too good to wait that long so I have been sticking with subbed. Any other episodes that have aired long before I knew about Pokemon I watch dubbed since it's harder to find them originally done in Japanese.

Unfortunately, no. I missed most of DP and almost all of BW. I really dropped off after Battle Frontier due in large part to the voice cast change, and DP also started around the time I started middle school, so I got distracted with other things (though I kept up with the games). I came back to the anime with XY when it was on Netflix and am currently finishing up Sun & Moon (I admit I delayed watching it because I'd seen the art shift take so much flak, but I've actually found it to be my favorite series so far; I'm just before the League right now). Still have Journeys to catch up on after that. I'd love to go back and watch DP and BW, but since they're not on the TV app, I don't really have the opportunity.

Far from it. Although I’ve seen episodes from all the series they’ve mainly just been the important ones or the highlights I’d find on YouTube. Sun and Moon is the series where I’ve watched the most episodes in their entirety, but even that has some fillers I haven’t watched yet. My best track record is with Journeys, where I’ve seen every episode except for 31, 33, 35 and 41 at the moment.

I doubt I’ll end up binge watching the entire anime, but I can see myself getting through the rest of SM and a good amount of XY. So yeah I’ve still got a long way to go.

Edit: All right, I’ve watched all of Journeys at the moment.

Last edited:
I recall skipping a good chunk of Johto and Sinnoh. I revisited Sinnoh but there's a few I'm still missing.
You can't make Ash take a whole year to get a new badge and not expect kids to lose interest at some point.

No I skipped some of the fillers from X&Y and S&M but I think that only amounts to maybe 50 episodes in total which isn't so bad. I probably won't ever watch them but I bet I didn't miss anything good anyway.

If we're talking the main Anime, I have watched every episode even some of the banned ones (not the eathquake one of AG and not the Rocket specials in the BW Anime) up to the Journeys Anime (have only watched like the first 5-7 episodes) somewhere down the line. If we talk other series, I barely watched any.

As of this month, I've seen not only every main series episode in English, but also Japanese as well. Japanese unfortunately has the 2 3D specials and Planetarium episodes that likely won't ever be watchable online, so I'll have to settle for having seen all Main Series episodes in English and Japanese, plus Chronicles and every Pikachu Short with the exception of those 2 above. Movies I've still got half left to see in Japanese.

Growing up I always made sure to keep up with the dub, and never miss an episode. :D
I think I like the anime just a bit too much haha

I'm curious as to how many of you have actually sat down and watched all 1,110+ episodes that have aired so far.

To those who haven't, what episodes or series have/haven't you seen? And do you think you'll ever take the time to watch them all?
I haven't watched some episodes of DP and Advanced series .I have watched nearly 970 episodes

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom