• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Haxorus vs. Flygon

Sapphire

Lobotomy Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...we all thought they were gonna be pseudos until Game Freak tricked us.

So which is your favorite?
Who would win a battle?
Which is greener?
Will I stop asking strange questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ononokusu vs. Flygon

Onono for Q's 1/2; Flygon is obviously greener. I can't answer Q4.

Add a poll please.

It's a tough call. Flygon and Haxorus are my two favorite dragons. Both have great designs, great types, great attacks... I have to say Haxorus though. Mold breaker is too good an ability to pass up.

Add a poll please.

It's a tough call. Flygon and Haxorus are my two favorite dragons. Both have great designs, great types, great attacks... I have to say Haxorus though. Mold breaker is too good an ability to pass up.

Forgot the poll. ...How do I add it? XD

EDIT: remembered. XD

Flygon may never get a good boosting move but it will always be cooler than Ononokus. It has an awesome typing.

I'm hoping it will fall to UU because no one is going to use it in OU and BL for all purposes, is even worse. In UU, it will be awesome.

I love both, but Haxarus will never get past Flygon to the gate of mah poddy, ER, Heart.

Mold breaker is too good an ability to pass up.
It's generally one of the best abilities there is, if not the very best ability there is. (Magic Guard is up there, and some like Drought and Drizzle have immense team value; and there are others I won't mention, for my sake.)

Ononokus can get a ton out of just two physical moves, Double Chop and Earthquake, and hits a golden speed value with a neutral speed nature. The thing is nasty.

"Which is my favorite?"
I am a fan of Dragon-types; they are my second-most favorite type after Electric. I love both Flygon and Ononokusu's designs; they are both among my most favorite pokemon in their respective generation. Sorry Flygon, but Ononokusu is actually much more intimidating and "dragon-like." The winner here would have to be Ononokusu.

"Which would win the battle?"
In terms of base stats, Flygon has 80 in everything except for Attack and Speed (which are both 100). Ononokusu, on the other hand, has slightly lower HP stat (76), a mediocre 60 Sp. ATK stat, a somewhat better 70 Sp. DEF stat, and slightly lower Speed stat (97). Ononokusu has slightly higher Defense (90) and an incredible 147 Attack stat!

Flygon suffers from the 4x Ice weakness.

Lucky for it, however, Ononokusu does not know any Ice-type attacks (except, of course, Hidden Power Ice).

A "typical" Flygon has slightly higher Speed so it will attack first. It learns a lot of powerful physical and special moves. There is no doubt that Flygon will gain an edge since its Special Attack stat > Attack stat, and Ononokusu's Special Defense stat > Defense stat.

Ononokusu also has one of the best abilities in the game: Mold Breaker. This means that Ononokusu's Ground-type moves will be able to pass through Flygon's Levitate ability.

Of course, this is just calculating base stats and hypothetical movesets (Flygon and Ononokusu learn many of the same TMs). Pokemon battles are a lot more complicated than just this. We have to take natures, items, IVs, EVs, and other factors into account.

For the sake of simplicity, I'd like to say that since Ononokusu has a very high 147 base Attack stat and Flygon has a "mediocre" 80 base Defense stat, it would most likely "win" the battle should it receive a critical hit against its opponent.

"Which is greener?"
Since Flygon is actually bright green and Ononokusu is actually a yellow with a hint of green, Flygon wins in this department. Flygon has several different shades of green on its body. Ononokusu is not green at all in its alternate colored form.

"Will I stop asking strange questions?"
It depends. Do you have any more "strange questions" that need to be asked?

"Which is my favorite?"
I am a fan of Dragon-types; they are my second-most favorite type after Electric. I love both Flygon and Ononokusu's designs; they are both among my most favorite pokemon in their respective generation. Sorry Flygon, but Ononokusu is actually much more intimidating and "dragon-like." The winner here would have to be Ononokusu.

"Which would win the battle?"
In terms of base stats, Flygon has 80 in everything except for Attack and Speed (which are both 100). Ononokusu, on the other hand, has slightly lower HP stat (76), a mediocre 60 Sp. ATK stat, a somewhat better 70 Sp. DEF stat, and slightly lower Speed stat (97). Ononokusu has slightly higher Defense (90) and an incredible 147 Attack stat!

Flygon suffers from the 4x Ice weakness.

Lucky for it, however, Ononokusu does not know any Ice-type attacks (except, of course, Hidden Power Ice).

A "typical" Flygon has slightly higher Speed so it will attack first. It learns a lot of powerful physical and special moves. There is no doubt that Flygon will gain an edge since its Special Attack stat > Attack stat, and Ononokusu's Special Defense stat > Defense stat.

Ononokusu also has one of the best abilities in the game: Mold Breaker. This means that Ononokusu's Ground-type moves will be able to pass through Flygon's Levitate ability.

Of course, this is just calculating base stats and hypothetical movesets (Flygon and Ononokusu learn many of the same TMs). Pokemon battles are a lot more complicated than just this. We have to take natures, items, IVs, EVs, and other factors into account.

For the sake of simplicity, I'd like to say that since Ononokusu has a very high 147 base Attack stat and Flygon has a "mediocre" 80 base Defense stat, it would most likely "win" the battle should it receive a critical hit against its opponent.

"Which is greener?"
Since Flygon is actually bright green and Ononokusu is actually a yellow with a hint of green, Flygon wins in this department. Flygon has several different shades of green on its body. Ononokusu is not green at all in its alternate colored form.

"Will I stop asking strange questions?"
It depends. Do you have any more "strange questions" that need to be asked?

Yes. How did you type all that? XD

My personal favorite is Ononokusu,though I feel like I'm betraying my first dragon type,Flygon.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Two of my favorite Pokemon ;_;

I choose Flygon.

I'll go with the desert spirit for having one of the best designs in the game, and also for a little Hoenn region spirit!

Flygon FTW!! He was a member of my first 3rd GEN team. XD (On Colosseum of course.)
Needless to say, the desert spirit holds a special place in my heart.
ROCK ON FLYGON!

Last edited:

I love both, but I voted for OHNOYOUDINTnokus, because she has less votes. D8 Also, where Flygon is adorable, Ononokus has badass-ness. This is the generation of badass, so yeah, Ononokus is my vote.

I give my vote for Ono,
since he looks even cooler than Garchomp in my taste.
And having better ATK stat than Garchomp with an OK moveset is something to be proud of.
Definitely geting this lil guy on my team.

Hard pick. Flygon is a great Pokémon, but Haxorus has great potential. Flygon is one of two Ground/Dragon Pokémon, while Haxorus is one of two fully evolved pure Dragon Pokémon. Both look very awesome.

I'll go with Flygon for now, having used him before and being very satisfied with the results.

Ononokusu. I prefer its design and its movepool(Dragon Dance).

Flygon. I love it's whole backstory as a Desert Guardian.

I also love that it was the first to use the highly useful typing of Dragon and Ground. Plus, it's Gen III so I like it even more.

Flygon looks like a Pokemon to me. Some of these new ones don't really look like Pokemon. They're cool, but they don't really feel like Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom