• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Haxorus vs. Flygon

Re: Ononokusu vs. Flygon

I prefer Flygon's originality, and pre-evolutions.

I like both of them but i prefer ononkusu because his a badass compared to flygon but flygon has a better design than ononokusu

Flygon because I use it as my flyer in my games. It is not a flying type, but it can learn flying moves.

Both are awesome because of their designs, movepools and typings, but I like Flygon's appearance just slightly better. So, Flygon.

*Ahem*

... There you go. :D

Flygon just looks cooler to me. I don't think that I've known enough about Ononokusu to judge it though.

v v v v v v v v

Last edited:

Ononokusu for me i like its movepool and stats alot better then flygons

Also the thing looks F*cking EPIC!

Both are awesome really cool and dragon typed lol.. I'll vote for Haxorus just because he has less votes..

I love flygon, It's just so cute! plus I love that it evolves from trapinch, I had played ruby quite a few times before ever figuring that out X)

and the first time I saw ono I thought groudon had gone on a diet and turned green :p

I like Flygon better because it was my favorite in gen 3 and It was shiny and it was my bff and lv 100

Haxorus
I Love Its Design
But Flygon is very cool though...
i'm going with Haxorus, since it is gonna go to my White team

Flygon, it is my first favorite Dragon-type. Also, it's pokédex entry and species just win my interests : )
Flygon would win, I'm sure.
I think Flygon is greener, and it's green is more beauty and smooth, while haxorus' green is "dead".
You are your leader, you can ask any question you want XD

I like Flygon because he can fly and looks way more huggable. (huge expectation for my dragons)

Right then...*cracks knuckles*

Flygon!!!!!!!

Overall, it has a better design and I'm sure I've mentioned before that Haxorus looks like a bug I just stepped on. Haxorus has dull colours and in my opinion should be Dragon/Bug instead of pure Dragon.
I don't know about you but I train Flygon for speed. While Haxorus has truly remarkable attack power, Flygon could definitely outspeed it. It may not last long but if trained well, Flygon could win in a battle.
Move wise, Haxorus can learn more Dragon type moves although this may be down to Gen V "Let's make the best pokemon EVER!" syndrome.
Also, I haven't played B/W yet but apart from Altaria, Flygon is the only Dragon type you can get early on. And Garchomp. And I'd choose Flygon over them. But let's not go onto that.

In conclusion, Flygon has a better design, can be trained to win and (I'm guessing) can be used earlier on.
Haxorus has amazing attack but average pretty much else, it's design is drab and seems to have been created in the Unova rush but it has a very good movepool and could wipe out a Flygon in one Dragon Pulse......

.....which is why I'd use Salamence.

As much as a love Flygon, Haxorus has overtaken it, look at that attack stat... Wow. I have a fondness for those kind of stat spread. But is is a close contest. But i'd go for Haxorus due to Outrage.

Right then...*cracks knuckles*

Flygon!!!!!!!

Overall, it has a better design and I'm sure I've mentioned before that Haxorus looks like a bug I just stepped on. Haxorus has dull colours and in my opinion should be Dragon/Bug instead of pure Dragon.
I don't know about you but I train Flygon for speed. While Haxorus has truly remarkable attack power, Flygon could definitely outspeed it. It may not last long but if trained well, Flygon could win in a battle.
Move wise, Haxorus can learn more Dragon type moves although this may be down to Gen V "Let's make the best pokemon EVER!" syndrome.
Also, I haven't played B/W yet but apart from Altaria, Flygon is the only Dragon type you can get early on. And Garchomp. And I'd choose Flygon over them. But let's not go onto that.

In conclusion, Flygon has a better design, can be trained to win and (I'm guessing) can be used earlier on.
Haxorus has amazing attack but average pretty much else, it's design is drab and seems to have been created in the Unova rush but it has a very good movepool and could wipe out a Flygon in one Dragon Pulse......

.....which is why I'd use Salamence.

Even if Flygon wins , he's still not as useful as Haxorus . Flygon's 520 are weaker than Haxorus's 540 .

I really love Flygon, but I've never battled with it, so Haxorus.I actually prefer these to the real dragon pseudo legendaries of their generations.

Haxorus wins for me on a personal note, though I will admit that Flygon's pretty cool. Of course, in a fight, Flygon can outpace Haxorus (to be frank, 100 > 97) and kill it with Outrage.

Still, Flygon's quite predictable, since nearly all of them run Scarf sets. Haxorus could be a Dragon Dance sweeper or a Swords Dance or Choice Band wallbreaker. It's a shame that Flygon has no Dragon Dance.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom