• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station

I think it would be cool if they animated them again. With the new technology. I usually can't tell the difference between HD and normal.

The movies definitely wouldn't be the same if they redid the animations.

No they wouldn't, but it would be really cool to see certain characters animated that well. Misty, Brock, and Mewtwo would look really cool.

Re: HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station

The Japanese DVDs of the first 3 movies (including the 2011 reprints, according to Dogasu's detailed movie guide which should pretty much resolve any question of what languages included in each release) included the 4Kids dub as an audio track. The 'English subtitles' in these movies are the dub dialogue - not a direct translation. The Blu-ray box set released late last year doesn't include these.

It's possible that they don't include it due to the presumed WB rights expiration during the Arceus Gap. Movies 1-3 are still out of print in the US.

I don't think that's relevant at all. The first 9 movies were re-released in Japan on August 24th 2011 - well after the Arceus movie was finally released in the US, and the first 3 movies still have the dub track on them. The Blu-ray versions probably omit the English dub because the box set is just the movies, no extras. (Similar, I s'pose to how those crappy Echo Bridge DVDs and Blu-rays are missing all the special features, too)

No they wouldn't, but it would be really cool to see certain characters animated that well. Misty, Brock, and Mewtwo would look really cool.
Imagine millions of people who grew up with the anime but left it as they matured, only to see their plucky protagonist Ash with irises the size of his fists.
The reanimated movies would just feel foreign and like they're tampering with the classics.

I'm not really saying for the older fans. They left because they matured. But I really think the younger generation would enjoy it. I grew up with the old movies. Saw all of them in the theaters. And I don't think any of the new movies nearly match up to them. I just feel that it would be so cool to see the older movies animated at their best. At the time, they were the best of their time. I don't think that it would be great, or even a classic. But it would sell. And I don't think that there would be any real problems with them.

Actually, there would be a ton of problems. They wouldn't be able to name half the Pokemon in the first few movies. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom