• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HeartGold, SoulSilver sell 1.5 million over weekend: Games sold out in many stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
HeartGold, SoulSilver sell 1.5 million over weekend: Games sold out in many stores

The recently released games, HeartGold and SoulSilver, have sold 1.5 million copies over the weekend. This surpasses Platinum's 1 million in three days.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: HeartGold, SoulSilver sell 1.5 million over weekend: Games sold out in many store

over9000.jpg

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

Re: HeartGold, SoulSilver sell 1.5 million over weekend: Games sold out in many store

Like there was any doubt that it would it sell atleast a million.

Looks like its more popular than Platinum by 50%.

Can't wait for it to come out in the US

over9000.jpg

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

Wouldn't it have been worrying if they DIDN'T sell at least that many

Wouldn't it have been worrying if they DIDN'T sell at least that many

It would be more worrying if Vegeta wore a pink shirt... Oh wait, it happened.

vegeta_and_his_pink_shirt.jpg

It would have been bigger news if it didn't sell that many copies in that timeframe. Wonder what the sales will be like when it's released in America in Spring 2010.

Right. However, this by FAR surpassed the Platinum sales, which set a record. Platinum set an average of 1/3 million per day (via info from 3 days), with HGSS being 1/2 million (via info from 2 days). HGSS broke a world record, and I doubt any game will ever beat that.

I bet the Gen 5 games will.

Now i can use this to pwn the poke haters at school who say no one cares!
Anyway, this is good news, as not only is it selling, but now i have a good reason to preorder heart gold if i want to play it (i already preordered ss.)

Dude, this is kinda obvious considering the features this game has. I surpasses Platinum anyday.

That is awesome. Just wait tell it comes out of Japan.

I have no more Vegeta jokes, guys.

Did you know Vegeta's younger brother (who appears only in the Shonen Jump Anniversary episode) is called Tables?

Vegeta-tables.

The DBZ crew are hilarious no?

According to Wikipedia, as of June 14, 2009, the Mario franchise, long considered the unbeatable best-selling video game franchise had 210 million sales. Impressive number, indeed, might be a little outdated, as it is not update in more than 3 months, but no new Mario games were released in between, I believe.
Pokémon has, as of August 14, 2009, 193 millions sales. Considering that this number does not take in consideration any sales of HgSs, I begin to wonder: Will Pokémon take Mario's throne as the best-selling video game franchise in history?
Of course, Mario has two upcoming games for late 2009 and sometime in 2010, but still. HgSs Japanese numbers are yet to be accounted for and they haven't being internationally launched as of yet, Game Freak may (probably is) already be working on new games.

For reference, it should be noted that the third places, The Sims, has "only" 130 million sales, and for the sake of fairness that every expansion sold is counted as one game.

I wanna hear your thoughts about it.

According to Wikipedia, as of June 14, 2009, the Mario franchise, long considered the unbeatable best-selling video game franchise had 210 million sales. Impressive number, indeed, might be a little outdated, as it is not update in more than 3 months, but no new Mario games were released in between, I believe.
Pokémon has, as of August 14, 2009, 193 millions sales. Considering that this number does not take in consideration any sales of HgSs, I begin to wonder: Will Pokémon take Mario's throne as the best-selling video game franchise in history?
Of course, Mario has two upcoming games for late 2009 and sometime in 2010, but still. HgSs Japanese numbers are yet to be accounted for and they haven't being internationally launched as of yet, Game Freak may (probably is) already be working on new games.

For reference, it should be noted that the third places, The Sims, has "only" 130 million sales, and for the sake of fairness that every expansion sold is counted as one game.

I wanna hear your thoughts about it.

I think there's a possibility of Pokemon outselling Mario. But it won't be for a long time.
The characters of the Mario franchise are a lot more classic and I think more popular

I think there's a possibility of Pokemon outselling Mario. But it won't be for a long time.

Long time. Try withing the next two generations.

Not too surprising, I guess. But oh well, I'm more excited for HGSS than I was for Platinum anyway.

immewnity said:
HGSS broke a world record, and I doubt any game will ever beat that.

Haha, no.

Dragon Quest IX sold 2.34 million in its first weekend this past July. HG/SS's sales, while super impressive (especially for a remake), didn't really come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom