• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HeartGold, SoulSilver to come with pedometer: Pokémon transferable to PokéWalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm sure the game developers didn't contract a third party to make the pedometer for them while they put their full concentration on the game. Yep, couldn't have happened.
Course They did, but they wasted time incorporating in a pedometer into the game, if i read it right. Im not saying the game will be bad, im saying they should work on fixing the Bones of Kanto before putting a pedometer into the game.

Neat. I've been wanting a new one of these ever since my Pocket Pikachu died a couple years ago. XD

I know nothing about pedometers, but I hope it doesn't make that obnoxious clicking the PP did. I would never be able to run or jog with that annoying sound coming along. Course there's always an iPod for taking care of that, but I prefer not to be wearing ear plugs while running.

It'll be pretty sad if you lose the pedometer and then you end up also losing your pokemon you put on it.

This sounds awesome!
It could save consuming time to hatch eggs/raise pokemon.

That sounds so cool! I swear video games must be the only reason I'm fit. I'd like if it was sort of like a Digivice thing. Still, it'd be pretty easy to lose.

That pedometer sounds like a real gimmick to me, to be honest.

But I can see its purpose. And it's always some kind of an original idea... But it'll probably omit evolutions and moves, just like the DayCare. Then I guess you'll still have to raise your Pokemon by classical means, in order for it to be REALLY useful.

Because god forbid we should actually raise our Pokes, right?

Because god forbid we should actually raise our Pokes, right?

No. No one forbids anyone.

But I can see all those n00bs using that Pedometer thingy as an easy way to level their Pokemon up, and then got disappointed how their Pokemon moves got replaced with shitty ones.

Or more hardcorely, as a way to raise an useless Abra into a Kadabra (or Alakazam, if we're dealing with an intense n00b) and then, get disappointed how "my Abra levelled up to level 100 and it still knew only Teleport and hasn't evolved".

Of course, there'll probably be Move Relearner in the game, for those guys rescue. But still...

And I have one more reason not to be too fond of that thing. I was expecting big news in today's Pokemon Sunday and all I got wat that gimmick thingy.

Also, I see Shoko Nakagawa's nails in my nightmares...

I predict a lot of pedometer shaking in the future..

WASHING MACHINE TIME LOL

I think this'll use the GBA slot, so I suppose this'll stop the DSi trollings.

I really hope this isn't the game's main selling point and big new feature.

So that's what that thing was. I just assumed Shokotan was pitching some lame new toy...

I'll wait until I know more about this before I say whether it's dumb or not.

I can't believe it I wait two weeks and this is all I get for news. I mean the thing seems ok and all but when are we going to get some real news about the game?

I can't believe it I wait two weeks and this is all I get for news. I mean the thing seems ok and all but when are we going to get some real news about the game?

It took nearly two years after Metroid Prime 3 for them to even announce Other M, and they're not releasing that until 2010. We've already gotten a relatively huge amount of information on this game, so I think we can be patient.

Course They did, but they wasted time incorporating in a pedometer into the game, if i read it right. Im not saying the game will be bad, im saying they should work on fixing the Bones of Kanto before putting a pedometer into the game.
You've no idea how long the programming for it took (a week? less than a month, tops). Or that they have their ENTIRE programming team focused on making a pedometer-compatible program integrated into the game's hardware (they don't; they wouldn't).

Pedometer < game. If they weren't confident the game was going smooth already, they wouldn't waste their time on the pedometer. Catch my drift?

WASHING MACHINE TIME LOL

I think this'll use the GBA slot, so I suppose this'll stop the DSi trollings.

How do you figure that? If they're sending anything between the pedometer and HGSS, then it would be done wirelessly.

Yeah, this is obviously going to be done via wireless communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom