• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HeartGold, SoulSilver to come with pedometer: Pokémon transferable to PokéWalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
HeartGold, SoulSilver to come with pedometer: Pokémon transferable to PokéWalker

The episode of Pokémon Sunday today revealed a new device that could connect to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. This pedometer known as the 「ポケウォーカー」"PokéWalker" will be given to those who purchase HeartGold or SoulSilver.

Read more on Bulbanews

Wow, that really does sound Digivice-ish... Having said that, if the final product's display looks that good, it's got a good chance of being better than the Digivices.

Better than the non-Japanese releases, anyway.

It worked for that one Yellow-based toy...kinda.

Wow, do kids not remember that thing?

Shakeshakeshake.
Pocket Pikachu was awesome. Looking back I bet it gave this girl quite some special shaking skills.

T_T I wish I had a DS so I could by HGSS, this is all just so cool!

It's GameFreak's way of saying:WORKOUT FATTIES.

Also,apparently you can pick up items during your walk. I want this<3 Pikachu Pocket was epic during the RBY and GSC days.

Last edited:
This seems pretty neat, if released in the U.S. (I can raise two pokemon at the same time!) Though I'm sure it does, I hope it'll let you transfer your Pokemon back to the game (just didn't say it anywhere in the article).

Yeah, those things sound awesome...though, will the friendship and level up count at all when their transfered back?

Personally, this remind's me A LOT of the Chao VMU...remember that, from the Dreamcast Version of 'Sonic Adventure'? I'm not sure if SA2 had it or not, too, though (we only own the Game Cube version of that game..lol)

I wonder if these will be out in the states at all? o.0 It would be intresting to see...lol

Also, maybe you can fight other Pokémon on this thing, too? (like with vmu, which had random chao fights, I remember that lol it was fun XD ^^)

~PikaJ^^

"To come with" makes it sound like it's packaged with the game. Would importers get this as well?

"To come with" makes it sound like it's packaged with the game. Would importers get this as well?

Hopefully. Most of the time,Play-Asia gets the limited editions of games and bundles. However,it seems like it the PokeWalk is with the regular version,so chances are we will be able to get it. I'm not sure about other places since I only order off of Play-Asia.

I hope it gets outside of Japan. That means more motivation to exercise. :p

Okay this is officially going to ROCK.

As for the worries Nintendo won't release it in the US- come on guys. They're probably gonna market the CRAP out of the Pokewalker as an "exercise system" and tie it in to some kids' wellness thing. Nothing gets the Concerned Mothers' cash like something that will make kids exercise, and I fully expect NoA to push this to all the Concerned Mothers out there as a way to MAKE EXERCISE FUN.

I mean, look at how they're selling Wii Fit. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Oprah or Ellen training Pokemon in the next year or so.

Its a Gimmick. if they spent time on that, they wasted time that could have been used on making the game better.

Its a Gimmick. if they spent time on that, they wasted time that could have been used on making the game better.

Agreed. I understand that it would be nice to have a pedometer and everything.. but comparing two choices: having a better system game, or a pedometer.. the answer would probably be a better game.. You can buy pedometers anyways, so why decrease the games quality due to expressing a gift for everyone that purchases it...
*this is my assumption, and anyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Well, I haven no complaints. I'm going to college next year. If anyone asks me why the heck I have a pedometer, I'll say, "Cus I'm leveling up my Pikachu!"

I do a lot of walking from walking to college to giving my dog a walk so this should be awesome! XD

Why does everybody think they'll allow you to just shake it? I have a pedometer and it doesn't do anything if you shake it, you have to walk/run with it attatched to your waist.

I hope you can't just shake it, that'll just be an easy way out of exersizing for all the lazy kids who generally NEED the exersize. It'd totally remove the point of a Pokemon Pedometer.

Last edited:
if they spent time on that, they wasted time that could have been used on making the game better.
Because I'm sure the game developers didn't contract a third party to make the pedometer for them while they put their full concentration on the game. Yep, couldn't have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom