• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft "Mafia" - ENDGAME: YOU FACE JARRAXUS - 3/6/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! JARRAXUS IS VICTORIOUS!!! THIS IS A MOST JOYOUS DAY INDEED!!!

AS FOR HOW JARRAXUS FELT ABOUT THE GAME, WELL, THE LACK OF MINIONS TO DO JARRAXUS' BIDDING WAS A DISAPOINTMENT, JARRAXUS FEELS THEY COULD HAVE BEEN IMPLIMENTED IN THIS GAME ANYWAY, AS A SORT OF LIVING WEAPON!!! THOUGH THAT MAY HAVE MADE HOSTING THIS GAME THAT MUCH MORE COMPLICATED, BUT THE WORKLOAD COULD HAVE BEEN REDUCED BY MAKING EACH CLASS HAVE A SPECIFIC NUMBER OF MINIONS, JARRAXUS THINKS AROUND ONE-THREE WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD NUMBER!!

JARRAXUS BRINGS THIS UP BECAUSE, WHILE JARRAXUS STILL HAD THE ABILITIES OF A WARLOCK, HE HAD A MINION THAT COST 7 MANA AND MADE JARRAXUS' NEXT SPELL COST HEALTH, ONLY ALL JARRAXUS' SPELLS WERE EQUAL TO OR BELOW 7 MANA, THUS THERE WAS NO REASON FOR JARRAXUS TO SUMMON THIS PITIFUL CREATURE!!! ALSO, JARRAXUS WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF ANY OTHER PLAYER'S ABILITIES WERE SIMILARLY UNBALANCED!!!

OTHER THEN THAT, HOWEVER, JARRAAXUS MOST ENJOYED THIS GAME, JARRAXUS HAS NOT HAD THIS MUCH FUN IN AN ETERNITY!!! THANK YOU, MORTAL FOR HOSTING THIS MOST ENTERTAINING EVENT!!!

Last edited:
I thought that minions that would stay in the board would only make the game too complicated for players, I didn't mind complicated hosting. So I only kept those whose effects could be used within a turn.

I still wanted that to be an option because you should have all the abilities someone with the class could have in theory, even if not all of them were that good. The call was for each player to make.

Also, is it just me, or was Renouncing Darkness into a Priest the most overpowered thing to Renonce into? Because, if I had waited until next turn before using any cards obtained through Renouncing or Renounced on turn 9 and waited, then I could have used the following:

6 Mana (after Renounce's -1 to everything) Prophet Velen (doubles the effect of healing/damage used this turn)
1 Mana (after Renounce) Embrace the Shadow (Healing effects deal damage this turn and can target other players)
3 Mana Restore 12 health (24 after Velen), becomes 'deal 24 damage' after Embrace the Shadow
0 Mana Shadowbomber x2 (Deals 6 damage (after Velen) each to everyone)
0 Mana Binding Heal x2 (Restore 10 health (after Velen) each, becomes 'deal 10 damage each' after Embrace the Shadow)
0 Mana Flash Heal x2 (Restores 10 health (after Velen) each, becomes 'deal 10 damage each' after Shadow))
0 Mana Light of Naaru x2 (Restores 6 health (after Velen) each, becomes 'deal 6 damage each' after Shadow)
0 Mana Holy Smite x2 (Deals 4 damage (after Velen) each)

OK, let's see... *Does some math* ...That's enough to kill a full-health Warrior/Druid with 6 Armor, three other full-healthed heroes and dealing 12 to everyone else... Granted, that might kill me in the process, since those Shadowbombers do say they damage 'everyone', but I could just use them, heal myself up a bit and then Embrace the Shadow and start destroying opponents... Totally balanced. If only there were more players alive on turn 10...

First of all, High five @Yours Truly ! We managed to pull of a great one.

Did you enjoy the game?
I did enjoy the game overal, the only thing that really ruined some aspects where the inactives. Yes I am pointing at you!

What did you think of the mechanics?
I liked the idea of having to put in your actions early if you wanted to snipe someone, but for the same reason I was afraid to start healing too early. So I think that added quite the amount of depth to the game which I loved!

If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?

Well, it might be because of my class, or because I don't know anything about hearthstone, but every turn I saw people pulling off combos and changing like 5 moves in a turn, while me as the Paladin really could do nothing besides:
a. Put on a counter.
b. Self Heal.
c. Do some mediocre damage.

It's probably just the Paladin class (but that's also the reason why I kinda would like to see all role PMs) but I kinda felt useless this game and basically was just stalling and helping Yours Truly when I could.

I loved the game, I definitely wanna see an Act 2. for this one. Thanks for hosting Zexy!

Hearthstone Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting - This is the game's host QT that includes all the role PMs too

Renounce Darkness Priest is indeed powerful but the chance is only 1/8 for Warlock and 1/7 for non-Warlock who would discover it. @Elementar btw could've used all the 1-mana Hunter cards that were dropped to 0 mana and finish off Yours Truly a turn earlier before he could do this, too bad he didn't see it in time.

Yeah, Paladin and Shaman were the bad classes of the game, sorry :( I couldn't really balance this, although everyone could win with the correct alliances and plays (Paladin might have been weaker than other classes but still won). Paladin has some pretty good healing/countering and mediocre damage early on, it gets worse later when other classes start to shine.

Hearthstone Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting - This is the game's host QT that includes all the role PMs too

Renounce Darkness Priest is indeed powerful but the chance is only 1/8 for Warlock and 1/7 for non-Warlock who would discover it. @Elementar btw could've used all the 1-mana Hunter cards that were dropped to 0 mana and finish off Yours Truly a turn earlier before he could do this, too bad he didn't see it in time.

Yeah, Paladin and Shaman were the bad classes of the game, sorry :( I couldn't really balance this, although everyone could win with the correct alliances and plays (Paladin might have been weaker than other classes but still won). Paladin has some pretty good healing/countering and mediocre damage early on, it gets worse later when other classes start to shine.
So, basically, this game was unbalanced, and I won because my opponent missed lethal and RNGesus favoured me... Yep, this was a Heartstone game, alright. :p

Congrats @SoaringDylan and @Yours Truly. Well deserved wins :)

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes.
What did you think of the mechanics?

I really enjoyed it once I understood it.
If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?

People being active so they weren't modkilled.

Thanks to @Zexy for hosting a terrifice game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom