• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heartwarming Winter Tales - Rules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendship? *writes note to redo the only kiss between main characters in fic as under mistletoe*

Actually, this makes my job so much easier. I'm not that great at writing romance, like my original idea.

Oh I can't wait to put it together...! This is going to be a lot of fun. x//3

This shall be interesting... but I need to think it very well.

I wish luck to everyone.

What about stuff where heartwarming tales is taken literally, such as someone telling stories?

You can tell a story within a story, yes.

...as long as it has the theme and is not already part of another challenge/you don't expect it to participate in next Award Season.

I think I am gonna go join in, not the best fanfic writer but maybe if I focus really hard I could try, I mean I have written storylines in this story where some of them makes me teary but that could be for a load of reasons.

Question

No actual Pokemon characters have to be in it do they? (Not Pokemon, I mean like Ash, Misty, Brock, Flannery, Cynthia etc or their Pokemon. Made up characters with their own Pokemon))

Last edited:
Just to clarify, are we allowed to expand on our fic later on.

Like we enter, we get good reviews, we decide to expand on the story later on and keep on adding chapters after the contest has ended.

I'd like to clarify that this is not an attempt at minimodding but speculation based on previous competitions and you should wait for confirmation of this from a mod before you take this as your answer.

minimag, I suspect the answer is yes.

menametlg, I suspect the answer is no.

My question, Kayi, is why can't people enter things that they've entered in Sith Droideka's Christmas Challenge? Sith's Christmas Challenge is, after all, unofficial and therefore should surely have no bearing whatsoever?

It doesn't affect me anyway as I haven't written anything for Sith's challenge yet I was just curious.

It's to keep people from winning two simultaneous contests with one story. it wouldn't be fair.

@Willow: since the prize is a Pokemon version, we would prefer it if it had something from any of the Pokeverses (anime, manga, games, etc.); in case your story works better without any Pokemon stuff at all, then it's still alright.

@minimag: you aren't going to get reviews for your submission, because the Submission thread is only that. If you get them to your Bulbawall (through VMs) or by PM, that's good, but any expansion will have the same restriction as the submissions here in regards to the Awards.

@menametlg: no.

@Gastly's Mama: it was decided to do that in order not to confuse people, as well as not give those who participated in the challenge an advantage over those who are barely entering this contest because they have already started their stories.

@JabberThe Boy Wonder: I don't think they win anything with the challenge... or do they?

It's to keep people from winning two simultaneous contests with one story. it wouldn't be fair.

But they're two independant competitions, one of which is completely unofficial and has no discernible prize. If the story was entered on another website would that make it ineligible too? Surely not and yet I don't see how this is any different to that.

I hasten to point out, Jabberwocky, that this is not a challenge of your magnificent authority but merely an enquiry for more detail. Please do not answer this with 'because I said so', I'm merely asking for clarification, which I don't think is that out of line. Thanks in advance for your calm, clear and reasonable response.

Also, could you please confirm that my answers in the previous post are correct? Thanks.

EDIT: Kayi's explanation makes sense I think and has cleared up basically everything, so there's no need to respond to this message any more.

Kayi- Ah kk, it will have Pokemon in it just not those of the main characters or COTD characters etc. I think I have a storyline set but not sure yet

Question: Who are the judges going to be?

Some other moderators from other sections. Identities not revealed at the moment to keep people from trying to influence their decision :sweatlol:

Sorry to ask, but I've never entered a fanfic contest before.

So we just write a Pokemon themed holiday story and post it here?

If so, I've already got a few ideas...

Sorry to ask, but I've never entered a fanfic contest before.

So we just write a Pokemon themed holiday story and post it here?

If so, I've already got a few ideas...

Yes, hon :) That's basically the idea.

*Smiles.* I can't wait to get my entry in. Hopefully packing for moving won't impede the writing progress.

I think that it may be a bit different from the rest of the entries, though. Medieval base and focuses on New Years, since I'm not sure the timeline would recognize Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom