• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heartwarming Winter Tales - Rules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question: The theme is friendship. Since I consider blood relations' love as friendship for this, I think I'm fine. However, say there is a romantic duo in my story and they're main characters, and the big Crowning Moment of Heartwarming comes from the engaged couple along with the siblings (one of which is part of the engaged couple)- is this allowed? Just making sure.

If you want to make it more romantic, then that's fine. Love is really just the next stage up from friendship.

@kayi, when you said original, do you mean :
1) original as in not related to any other things like anime and manga or other stories that I made
Or...
2) same as above, minus my fics

Question: We are allowed to have someone beta-read our story, correct? (And, one a related note, the Workshop Mods aren't going to be the ones to do the judging?)

Question: We are allowed to have someone beta-read our story, correct? (And, one a related note, the Workshop Mods aren't going to be the ones to do the judging?)

Yes :)

And no. The judge panel is made up from mods from other sections that are the sweetest things ever for helping not involved with the Workshop.

So....I’m new to this whole ‘forum’ thing, so I don’t understand a lot of the terms you used. Like “one-shot, two-shot,” “thread,” or “any rating.” I have a story I want to submit, but I want to make sure it gets in and isn’t accidentally posted in the wrong place. I would appreciate it if I got some help – maybe a link directly to the right submission place, or detailed instructions written for idiots (even though I’m not)... Thanks in advance.

Mine isn't about this, but I have a question. Since the theme is friendship, could you write a story about two best friends (who are psychotic) going around and killing people at Christmas time and having it make them better friends?

Just wondering.

@GenVIII: The terms one-shot (two-shot, etc.) and rating are universal in the fanfiction community, but they go like this:
  • One-shot: a story composed of a single chapter.
  • Two-shot: a story with only two chapters.
  • Rating: the reader's expected age group, because of the content (G and PG for children, PG-13 for teenagers, R and NC-17 for adults)
Your story may be submitted here.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask ;-) We're here to help you.

@Ultra Pidgeot: that's mildly scary, but it falls within the rules, so if you wish, go ahead :sweatlol:

Alright, great. Thanks. Also, is the 10,000 word limit, like, super strict? If a story was a hundred or so words over, would I get brutally murdered or disqualified or something?

Alright, great. Thanks. Also, is the 10,000 word limit, like, super strict? If a story was a hundred or so words over, would I get brutally murdered or disqualified or something?

Just disqualified.

If it's one or two words over the limit, we could let it pass.

It's funny that because of the prize to this contest, we suddenly have a lot of 'new members' writing fics. Is it a coincidence that they seemed to join BMGf right after the contest was announced?

Oh well, though. We all want the fanfiction section to get more exposure, and we love to see new members contributing, so if everything is on the up and up, I think this is great! I hope these people continue to write once the contest is over.

I personally see no downside to all the new writers- either they're good, even if they don't win, and contribute to the Workshop, furthering our goals of world domination, they're workable and learn to get better with the support of Workshop members (also furthering our domination goals), or they contribute a badly written piece of drabble and never post again, not helping us, but certainly not hindering us.

And yay, I'm almost done writing. I love you, half-lucid-inspirations <3

I personally see no downside to all the new writers- either they're good, even if they don't win, and contribute to the Workshop, furthering our goals of world domination, they're workable and learn to get better with the support of Workshop members (also furthering our domination goals), or they contribute a badly written piece of drabble and never post again, not helping us, but certainly not hindering us.

And yay, I'm almost done writing. I love you, half-lucid-inspirations <3

Oh yeah, I agree. Anything that gets more people in here participating is okay by me! I just hope these 'new' users are indeed legitimate users who actually have an interest in writing!

It's funny that because of the prize to this contest, we suddenly have a lot of 'new members' writing fics. Is it a coincidence that they seemed to join BMGf right after the contest was announced?

Oh well, though. We all want the fanfiction section to get more exposure, and we love to see new members contributing, so if everything is on the up and up, I think this is great! I hope these people continue to write once the contest is over.

Yeah, I think this is a good thing though. I first joined BMGf because of the Christmas writing competition two years ago!

@Kayi

That is not at all what mine is about. I was just wondering.

That is a strange thing to wonder about...

Welcome to last year - population: no more 12 days of Christmas topic where you just post to get free stuff possibly. :( At least not yet...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom