• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heartwarming Winter Tales - Rules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayi Rowling

*rules with cotton fist*
Reaction score
santahatsmiley.png
HOLIDAY SEASON FANFIC CONTEST
santahatsmiley.png

Hello to the workshop community! :)

I bet you all know at least one holiday for this season, so let's celebrate with a fanfic contest during December, with the theme of friendship, or any winter holiday of your choosing that it's important to you and involves friends or family (as there's nothing warmer than either)

The prize awarded to the first place will be a preorder of Pokemon Black or White.

The fanfics will be received between today (December 7) and December 24, and will be posted at a special thread to be considered according to the following rules:
  • There's no minimum amount of words to use, but we'd prefer it if it was over 100 words.
  • The maximum word count is of 10,000 words.
  • The format of the fanfic doesn't matter (one-shot, two-shot, etc.), as long as it is posted complete in a single post.
  • Any rating is allowed.
  • Any fanfic submitted for this contest is not eligible for the next Fanfic Awards in Spring.
  • This contest has no relationship to the Christmas Challenge (fanfics that are part of it will also be barred from the next Fanfic Awards, given their characteristics)

As it appears it must be mentioned, if you have any intentions of cheating, don't. You will be caught, you will be disqualified, and you will be banned. Please compete fairly or don't compete at all.

You may post any questions in this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I already posted my "Winter" tale here, on the WW, can I simply copy/paste it to the submissions? I'm also pretty sure LightningTopaz has a "winter" story on the normal WW board.

If I already posted my "Winter" tale here, on the WW, can I simply copy/paste it to the submissions? I'm also pretty sure LightningTopaz has a "winter" story on the normal WW board.

If either story comes from the other Christmas Challenge, you're not allowed to do so.

Also, I'd rather the stories were new. Which is your winter story?

If either story comes from the other Christmas Challenge, you're not allowed to do so.

Also, I'd rather the stories were new. Which is your winter story?

"RaccoonGoon's Christmas Double Feature!" It's two parodies I wrote up, posted it a few days back.. I was not aware of the other Christmas challenge, or is that the thing Sith Droideka was talking about?

"RaccoonGoon's Christmas Double Feature!" It's two parodies I wrote up, posted it a few days back.. I was not aware of the other Christmas challenge, or is that the thing Sith Droideka was talking about?

There are two events right now in the Workshop:
-Sith Droideka's Christmas Challenge, began earlier
-The Heartwarming Winter Tales Contest, just began (sorry)

And, well, it'd be better if you made something new anyways. Might extend the date of submission even, if it's too little time for you and everyone else (up to December 23, if needed)

I have one question.

with the theme of friendship, or any winter holiday of your choosing

Does that mean we can make a story about friendship that doesn't involve any holidays. And are all holidays eligible? Even New Year? And do we post the stories in the submission thread or do we post them as a new thread then post a link to them in the submission thread?

I guess that was more than one question...

If you're not a holiday person we won't force you to write about holidays. And if you want to write about New Years, go ahead. You don't see many of those around anyways.

And yes, you post the story in the submission thread. Not the link, the story :)

It's not that I'm not a holiday person. I just wanted something different (New Year).

And thank you both for clarifying that up to me, hopefully my submission will be up before the deadline.

Hey sorry, I haven't played the games since the original Gold/Silver days. What does a 'preorder of Black or White' mean? I feel like this is a really stupid question. Sorry.

You win a free copy of Black or White, your choice, essentially. We preorder it and send it to you as soon as we can.

Can it be about friends with benefits or friends who become more then friends? or do I have to scrap my Volkner/Flint story that goes from mistletoe to BDSM :D

Can it be about friends with benefits or friends who become more then friends? or do I have to scrap my Volkner/Flint story that goes from mistletoe to BDSM :D

We prefer shipping for February, but go ahead :sweatlol: (it's a type of relationship, after all, and even includes a tiny bit of mistletoe!)

We prefer shipping for February

But... it's not like there's a holiday that celebrates love in February. Oh wait...

but go ahead :sweatlol: (it's a type of relationship, after all, and even includes a tiny bit of mistletoe!)

Yay! Nothing says christmas like whips and safewords mistletoe!

Can it be about friends with benefits or do I have to scrap my Volkner/Flint story that goes from mistletoe to BDSM :D

It's usually not the kind of thing I read, but I'm now insanely curious how you would do a BDSM story about Volkner and Flint as friends with benefits XD

But yeah, if you want to write it, go ahead.

I just started writing a Christmas/friendship story starring my RP characters, but given its multi-chapter nature, I fear it may end up having to be posted outside the contest. Terribly sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom