• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heartwarming Winter Tales - Rules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want to inconvenience anyone. If that many people couldn't meet the original deadline then of course we'd extend it. We want everyone to get a chance. This is a community event. It's supposed to be fun for everyone.

You all seem to have misunderstood the point.

What I'm saying is that it's obvious that from the beginning the mods were willing to postpone the deadline as far back as the 24th so my question is why didn't they just make the deadline the 24th? It's really irritating to be told that something will be dealt with by a certain time and then as that time begins to roll up to be told that, actually, it's going to be a little longer. It just seems unprofessional.

If you want Workshop contests to have any long term credibility, they need to look like they're run by people who know what they're doing and if you extend deadlines every time someone asks it doesn't give that impression. I'm not saying the people who couldn't make the original deadline shouldn't have been allowed to have their stories submitted, I'm just saying that you should pick a deadline that you think is fair and stick to it. Judging by what Kayi said earlier, what happened this time is you picked an 'ideal deadline' and a 'fair deadline' and decided that if anyone didn't like the ideal deadline you'd change it to the fair deadline. However this causes confusion and unprofessionalism.

I'm not saying anything needs to be done about it now because obviously it can't be, it's just something that needs to be held in mind for next year's Christmas competitions or any other contests that are held in the intervening period.

To be honest, setting a deadline, yet allowing for some flexibility can be a good thing.

For example, some may think it's crazy that I have a whole 2 months between each chapter of Bright World; but it means that if anything comes up, it won't affect the release schedule as much (Heck, I had no laptop for a MONTH, and I only had to delay it by 12 days). What I'm saying is; if anything happened with one of the judges, and they wouldn't be able to start helping review the entries on the 20th/21st, then now they would know they had an extra 4 days to try and sort out said problems.

I'm guessing that as these would take a lot more time to review than say, fanart (As let's face it, we have a huge minimum and maximum word limit) they had originally intended to end it earlier than others, so results could all be announced simultaniously?

Besides GM, as you've already finished, this gives you another 4 days to review yours, and tweak it if necessary. If it helps you, why complain? =3

can I submit new entry? my entry got disqualified after I cheat and I regret it :(

I'm sorry T_T

You cheat and get caught, you're out. End of story. Think things through next time, please.

I will admit...when I saw that post, I was a tad interested.

So...there's not long until the deadline.

Dun
Dun
Dun
Dun!

Roughly how long after the deadline's close will the results be out?

Mine's only 91 words away from being 5,000 xD

Although, length doesn't always mean quality.

Understandibly, the judges have a lot of work to read over, but I was wondering if there was a known date as to when the results will be posted, and where that would be?

...Dude, they're not answering our questions. It's a good thing our patience is so abundant, right? :D

There is no current set date for the results to be announced.

It doesn't take long to read and decide -,-'

It takes a short amount of time to read. It takes much longer to evaluate each copy and decide. Why are you so impatient anyway? All anyone is winning is a preorder of a game released in March.

It's not really the prize for some people; it's the competition itself =3

It doesn't take long to read and decide -,-'

Okay, tell you what. You read over every submission and unbiasedly tell me through PM who should win. Let's see how long it takes you.

Results will be posted when the judges have decided. Thank you to those who have been patient.

I could wait forever. I'm just afriad that I'm going to miss it...I wish there was a way for us to be told when the results are announced, whenever that may be...

Please don't take this as me nagging because I'm not. I'm not posting this message to say you're doing things wrong or you need to be doing things quicker.

Also, this suggestion doesn't apply to this contest because it's too late. It's just an idea anyway.

If you set a date by which the results would be out, then I think people would whine and bitch less. Even if the date was quite far away. Say... 10th February. (That was just pulled out of a hat BTW) It's still in plenty of time for the preorders to get to everyone hassle free but it's quite far away so it is realistically doable. Basically, just set the date that the results are due to come out by as the latest date you think they should be done by. Then, for one thing, the people doing the judging have an idea of just how long the maximum they can put it off for is (not saying they are) and people have an idea of how long they have to wait.

Also, if the results are out earlier than that no one's gonna be complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom