• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Heatmor VS Torkoal

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
631Heatmor_Dream.png
VS
324Torkoal_Dream.png

HEATMOR VS TORKOAL

Both are single stage Fire-types introduced in odd generations. Both are the only pokemon that can have the White Smoke ability. And both have designs with some inspiration drawn from devices such as furnaces and flamethrowers (and whatever else Heatmor is made from xD)

Which design do you prefer?
Which is the most useful?
In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?
Which is your overall winner?

I love both of these mons. Though I'd have to go with Torkoal, just because 1) it's so cute, 2) I've loved it the longest (Gen III was before Gen V xD) and 3) I just think it's an awesome little Fire-type and it is my joint favourite pokemon of all time. Also it has the physical defence of Skarmory which is amazing... but sadly it lacks the good defensive typing that Skarm has.

Edit: Crap. Forget the poll. Will get it sorted soon. Poll is up! Thanks, ghaskan!

Last edited:
For me? Take a guess.

Hey! While your choice might be clear now due to your username/avatar combo, those are subject to change in the future. Imagine you change to fit, say, Meowth. People would be very confused then! So, please, state which Pokémon from this Contest you prefer in your post and, while at it, give a reason for your choice to keep your post in conformation with the rules. Thanks!

For me? Take a guess.

Hey! While your choice might be clear now due to your username/avatar combo, those are subject to change in the future. Imagine you change to fit, say, Meowth. People would be very confused then! So, please, state which Pokémon from this Contest you prefer in your post and, while at it, give a reason for your choice to keep your post in conformation with the rules. Thanks!
Oh please, just let me be a wiseass for once. And yes, it's Heatmor, because it's a Pokemon version of the Pyro and because it's been quite useful in my Black version team.

1. Heatmor has a more interesting design than Torkoal

2. Torkoal is slightly more useful due to Rapid Spin

3. Heatmor would've win if it were given Scald, not to mention being faster Torkoal, but alas, Torkoal would win because of Shell Smash

4. Torkoal is the overall winner from 1-2.

Torkoal - I've always liked turtle Pokemon, so I was quicky attached to Torkoal. He isn't that great competetivly, but I enjoy using him in game. So yeah, I like his design :)

Torkoal. I like the concept of Heatmor's Fire typing making it a predator to the Bug/Steel type Durant, but stat-wise, it's painfully mediocre and is caught so late into Black & White, it doesn't even have much in-game use. Torkoal is very unique among Fire-types; rather than being a fragile sweeper, it has sky high defence and pitiful speed. Whilst it doesn't work as well as I'd like, it's still a lot of fun to use, and Flannery's vicious Torkoal left a big impression.

Kuitaran. I like the magma patterns, the claws and its tail. Plus, it is bipedal.
Cotoise's design is pretty cool too, I must say.

Cotoise.
Rapid Spin + Relatively better stats.

Not sure. My bet is that Cotoise would win.

Hm... Cotoise wins, but since design is the aspect I value the most, I am gonna vote in Kuitaran.

Torkoal's been around longer, I started in gen. 3 and torkoal recently got shell smash ;D

Torkoal. It's much better looking in my opinion plus being a turtle Pokemon, and I find turtles awesome. I never much liked Heatmor, so if presented with a choice, I choose Torkoal any day. Plus, having trouble with Flannery's Torkoal almost every time I battle her makes me think it's pretty good Pokemon for battling.

Torkoal is far cooler. I've always liked the design. My cousin has a shiny one.

Heatmor. the other thing is too slow and Heatmor has been used on VGC teams before.

Heatmor outspeeds and KOs.

Heatmor.

I prefer Torkoal's design by a bit (mostly because Heatmor's asymmetry bothers me). Also Torkoal is more interesting to use in battle, especially since it got Shell Smash. Heatmor seems like the most generic Fire type possible stat and move wise.

I like both of them a lot, they have some of the most interesting designs of all the fire types imo. But Torkoal wins for me, because it is very cute and actually pretty useful in battle. Strangely enough I started to really like it once I found out how tiny it is (just 50cm/1'08 tall!).

Torkoal. I once had a shiny and have loved it since!

Heatmor's design is bad imo. Especially its lower part.

Torkoal, as it can have Drought and gets Eruption and has a decent movepool actually. Heatmor is hideous and has an annoying cry.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom