• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello! BorealRookidee Here!

BorealRookidee

Little Parid from the Great White North
Reaction score
Hi, I'm BorealRookidee from Wisconsin, USA. I've posted a bit on here over the past month or so and I suppose it's finally time for an introduction.

Pokemon has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My parents had been adult fans during the height of Pokemania in the 90s, and while they were not really interested in Pokemon anymore by the time I came around, I found their huge pile of Gen I TCG cards and VHS tapes of Indigo League episodes at a very young age (I'm 19 now for timeframe context). My first main series Pokemon game was a copy of Pokemon Yellow I found sealed in the box in our basement (nobody in our family had any idea how valuable that was at the time). In middle school I finally played my first new Pokemon game, X. Since then I've played every main series release and gone back and played most of the ones I've missed.

I've dabbled in many of the major sub-communities at some point, including attending some TCG tournaments, putting on a theorizer hat for some cringe old posts on obscure social media platforms, played a lot of Pokemon Go, made terrible fanart and fakemon, watched nearly every anime episode, and logged hundreds of hours of Pokemon Showdown when I'm supposed to be doing other things.

I also really like birds, both the real and Pokemon varieties. Feel free to ask me anything about that. My favorite Pokemon are Rowlet, Articuno, and Corviknight.

I've been using Bulbapedia for years and lurked on this forum occasionally too, but only just decided to join. I'm happy there's a community out there who I can nerd out about my favorite franchise with.

Welcome, Rokidee! Seen you around a lot, so I assume you're enjoying it here?

Fascinating to hear your parents were fans during gen 1. Even if they were on the older side then, it's fascinating seeing a generational continuation of appreciating the series

Welcome, Rokidee! Seen you around a lot, so I assume you're enjoying it here?

Fascinating to hear your parents were fans during gen 1. Even if they were on the older side then, it's fascinating seeing a generational continuation of appreciating the series
Like I said, it's nice there are people out there who I can talk with Pokemon on the same "level" with. People who know what a Zebstrika or who Looker is. :p I like the nice chill atmosphere here, too. A lot better than some other surviving old-style forums I know of.

With a franchise as ultimately young as Pokemon is (26? Or is it older?) there isn't too much generational continuation, compared to a community like, say, Disney or Star Trek. I suppose that is rather unique. Like I said, they were adult fans in the 90s, so they didn't grow up with Pokemon. I guess we're probably starting to get to the age though where adults who grew up with Pokemon are having kids. That is kind of weird to think about.

I guess we're probably starting to get to the age though where adults who grew up with Pokemon are having kids. That is kind of weird to think about.
Oh trust me, we are. I could very well soon be one of them. I still remember the first time I came across Pokemon-about 20 years ago!

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums, BorealRookidee! I hope you enjoy your time here, and glad to have you! Always good to meet another fan of my favorite franchise.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Rookidee, nice to meet you! Your avi and usertitle go together so well lol.

Pokemon has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My parents had been adult fans during the height of Pokemania in the 90s, and while they were not really interested in Pokemon anymore by the time I came around, I found their huge pile of Gen I TCG cards and VHS tapes of Indigo League episodes at a very young age (I'm 19 now for timeframe context).
Sounds like we're sorta in the same boat, my parents were big fans during that time as well and ended up introducing it to me really early. It's strange because even though I grew up during Gens III-IV, I also have a lot of nostalgia for Gen I just because it's what I was familiar with. I wonder if kids being introduced to the series now will end up having a similar experience?

Anyways, glad to hear you're liking it here so far! It's definitely a nice place we got here heheh. Be seein' ya, I hope :bulbaWave:

Hi Rookidee! Awesome that you've gone through all those old games, as many flaws as certain titles in the franchise may have I still loved every one of them. Seems like the series is holding a special place in your heart too, and it's even more awesome that your parents were into it at some point!

Big welcome from one fan to the next<3

Back
Top Bottom