• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello everybody!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hey there, I'm Getter! Thank you very much for checking out my thread out of the many new people here, I really appreciate it!

I'm a small time artist, male, 27 years old and I have loved Pokemon for my entire life, I wore down my VHS of "Mystery at the Light House" and "Island of the Giant Pokemon" from the original series watching them so much as a little kid. My passion for the series is boundless and I think about it all the time, from inserting myself to creating stories with my very own characters.

I'm not new to Pokemon at all but I am new to forums and I've always wanted to be a part of a Pokemon specific community. For a while now I've tried to get friends together or likely minded people to talk about it with me but it seems I pull ahead of everyone on effort and energy to talk about it, which is understandable seeing as it's my hyper fixation and not theirs. I've tried joining Discords for Pokemon but they were either completely silent or filled with toxic or rude people who were more interested in playing characters or creating a specific brooding impression, which didn't really suit the kind of environment I wanted.

I suppose my dream vision is being able to go somewhere and gush about whatever Pokemon related thing all I want and have people happily trade their enthusiasm with me for as long as we both want and we can get it all out of our systems and end up feeling satisfied in the end. There's a lot of built up loneliness in this aspect for me and not to say I'm desperate but I'm just hoping I can get that catharsis yknow? I really wanna get all this passion out of me!

I hope when you see me, you'll know that I want to be a positive presence for you and that I really love Pokemon and that I really love people. Thank you for reading.

Yo! Welcome to the forums! I love your energy already, I think you’ll fit in nicely here, so don’t worry about that loneliness anymore! What was your first game and starter? Is Gengar your fav?

I’m super excited to hear you’re an artist, I love getting to know fellow artists on the forum. I see you already found the Art Gallery, so I’ll go check out your stuff! If you have any questions or worries, I’m a PM away. Hope to see you around, Bulbagarden welcomes you!

Yo! Welcome to the forums! I love your energy already, I think you’ll fit in nicely here, so don’t worry about that loneliness anymore! What was your first game and starter? Is Gengar your fav?

I’m super excited to hear you’re an artist, I love getting to know fellow artists on the forum. I see you already found the Art Gallery, so I’ll go check out your stuff! If you have any questions or worries, I’m a PM away. Hope to see you around, Bulbagarden welcomes you!
Thank you so much Blanc I really appreciate you replying, I've seen you around here, your passion might rival my own!

My first game was Pokemon Red on the Gameboy Advance I had as a little kid, I forgot how I got my hands on it as my memory isn't all that great. Safe to say that my mom just got it for me hahaha, but I remember clearly that Charmander was the cool lizard one and that there was no chance I wasn't going to use it. I still remember the bright days trying to shade my Gameboy so I could see what I was doing.

My favorite Pokemon is Crobat actually but I love that all of my friends have come to associate me with Gengar seeing as I love drawing Cheshire style smiles in my art and on my own personas. So I've come to identify myself as a Gengar if I was a pokemon! My love of Crobat is my love of the entire evolution line of Zubat actually, when I was a kid I didn't really know what bats were but they looked really awesome and the idea of a flying mammal with cool sharp teeth and stuff is so hype. So when I saw Zubat I was hooked instantly, my little Getter brain was blown that I could have my very own bat best friend, stayed on my team for the entire game and I was thrilled when it turned into a big tongued BLEEEEH bat monster!! Back then it was all about gross out WOOAH GOOEY SLIME GUSHER STINK EEWW, it was the style at the time.

I sound like an old man saying that...

Growing up when I got Pokemon Platinum on my DS and I saw that Zubat had a new final form, you could imagine the sheer excitement I felt as a young man. It was like they had perfected the ultimate Pokemon, a bat with four wings and it's got cool eyes and stuff?! I was blown away, it was too cool for words.

Hello and welcome to the forums, Getter! I can really tell that you’re extremely passionate about Pokémon! I hope you find the forums to be a positive and great space to talk about Pokémon! Hope to see ya around!
Thank you so much Yoshi, I'm really excited to become friends with everybody!

welcome welcome!!! I hope that you'll find what you're looking for in a community here, we're pretty peaceful usually I'd like to think? There are a lot of great people here!!

What's your favorite part of Pokémon?
Thank you Lisian, I trust you all so you don't have to worry for now!

As for your question, that's quite a doozy, it's pretty complicated but also simple? I think it's the bond and interactions between people and Pokemon in the series, I love how this inspires so much friendship and love, tons of imagination of daring adventures, tragic moments and triumphant victories. It's something I think about all the time and I've spent a while thinking of lore for how I obtained all of my favorite Pokemon and making an insert to the Pokemon universe that's organic! I wonder if I should detail that somewhere...Maybe I'll make a blog for my OC ideas!

Thank you Lisian, I trust you all so you don't have to worry for now!
pfkfkfkf that is a new one, and another reason for me to consider changing my username to 'lisia', please just call me lisia! LOL
As for your question, that's quite a doozy, it's pretty complicated but also simple? I think it's the bond and interactions between people and Pokemon in the series, I love how this inspires so much friendship and love, tons of imagination of daring adventures, tragic moments and triumphant victories. It's something I think about all the time and I've spent a while thinking of lore for how I obtained all of my favorite Pokemon and making an insert to the Pokemon universe that's organic! I wonder if I should detail that somewhere...Maybe I'll make a blog for my OC ideas!
This totally makes sense, and I think that's a totally natural thing to gravitate to! iirc the Pokémon Adventures manga highlights on this in the Black and White series, so you might be interested in checking that out? For what it's worth, lots of people have blogs for fan content things so you certainly wouldn't be alone in that!! thank you for your comment on my art also, that was very kind!! I can already tell you're making you're way around!:bulbaWave:

hey there Getter, welcome to the forums! It's nice to meet you :bulbaWave:

You and I and everybody here totally share that same passion! (Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's worn out a VHS tape or two in my day too, lol.) I've absolutely been in the same boat as you before, sounds like a very similar reason to why I joined Bulbagarden as well. You couldn't have picked a better place, if you ask me.
And I saw that you've already settled in posting your art, your style is super sharp! :bulbaLove:

Looking forward to seeing you around!

pfkfkfkf that is a new one, and another reason for me to consider changing my username to 'lisia', please just call me lisia! LOL
Oh! I'm really sorry Lisia! I got bricks for brains > <

hey there Getter, welcome to the forums! It's nice to meet you :bulbaWave:

You and I and everybody here totally share that same passion! (Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's worn out a VHS tape or two in my day too, lol.) I've absolutely been in the same boat as you before, sounds like a very similar reason to why I joined Bulbagarden as well. You couldn't have picked a better place, if you ask me.
And I saw that you've already settled in posting your art, your style is super sharp! :bulbaLove:

Looking forward to seeing you around!

You're 100% sure to see me poking around, thank you for the warm welcome and for complimenting my artstyle. I'm growing more and more confident that this is gonna be a real good time!

My favorite Pokemon is Crobat actually
Yoooo!!! Crobat is a REALLY good one. I didn't care for it when I was little but I LOVE it now, (little Blanc did NOT have taste.) The aesthetic and taste you have in your mons is super cool, I always like to believe people's favorites say a lot about their personalities and I believe it's safe to assume the same plays here!
So when I saw Zubat I was hooked instantly, my little Getter brain was blown that I could have my very own bat best friend, stayed on my team for the entire game and I was thrilled when it turned into a big tongued BLEEEEH bat monster!!
The old Red and Blue sprites are absolutely amazing at portraying this, so it's no wonder! LOL Have you seen Golbat's animations in Colosseum and XD? They're pretty true to what you described!

I'd like to know the names of your team and what you love about them if you're willing to share!

LOL Have you seen Golbat's animations in Colosseum and XD? They're pretty true to what you described!
The way he struts up and flashes his big mouth is so funny, a lot of animations in that game are iconic and even manage to beat out the mainline games to this day!
I'd like to know the names of your team and what you love about them if you're willing to share!
Oh boy, well get ready for a gigantic post. I have given this a LOT of thought!
First off there's my Crobat! Her name is Buddy, originally I had named my first ever Zubat "DEATH" because I thought that would be the ultimate cool name but I've grown past it and I find Buddy to be a much more suitable name! Buddy seems just like a casual name that reminds me of a favorite game of mine LISA the Painful and plus it's cute! I try to catch a female Zubat cause my first Zubat on Platinum was female so I feel as though that's the same Zubat in a sorta, destiny kinda way, whenever I play fangames for Pokemon.

Mismagius is just absolutely beautiful in so many ways, the colors, the fluffy hair...hat...thing it's got going on! The flowing body and the noise it make in game, plus it learns all kinds of moves too I find myself using Mismagius as the type coverage Pokemon in my team! My Mismagius' name is Spooky, imaginative I know but I like cute names, what can I say? She would know Mystical Fire and Magical Leaf as the type balancing moves for my team since I lack them, I'm sorta going for a Dark/Poison type feel for my group seeing as those are my favorite type. Not a strict rule of course but poison is the overall theme! She would know Toxic! That's poison right? HAHA! Anyways yeah, I'm pretty obsessed with how pretty Mismagius is, that's about as simple as it gets!

Gigalith is just the coolest pokemon ever, like look at em, he's a big rock crystal guy!! His name is cool his look is cool, every single part of his evo line looks great. The only hang up about this guy is that he's a trade evo which is the bane of my Pokemon love..I truly do not like trade evos, I should evolve my partner through our brotherly bond not some meta mechanic!! Either way, Gigalith is one of my brotherly bonded homies, his name is BUSTER! Cause he busts stuff up and he's a tough guy, my lore for him is that he was stuck in a rock slide and my sona who's a POKEMON RESCUE RANGER came around to risk life and limb to save em. Ever since then my guy Buster strives to be a ranger too, inspired to save others!

Sharpedo is actually kind of an odd one out as I have a tremendous fear of the ocean and all things that live in it, I cannot even look at an empty pool without getting that sinking vertigo feeling in my body. It is an intense phobia which has a gigantic story of it's own. For now though, let me elaborate as to why I've chosen Sharpedo which should strike sheer terror into me and that's the idea that if a big scary shark is my friend then he can be my bodygaurd when I have to be in the ocean or if a water type pokemon is around! After all, Pokemon are all over the place I would encounter a scary Gyarados wither I wanted to or not! So my Sharpedo; Torrent, would protect me from those fears by being a scary body guard I can trust! Plus despite my fear of sharks, they are very wonderful creatures and I don't let my phobia of them cloud my perception of them, they're just chilling!

Seviper's pretty simple in that my love for bats also extends to Snakes as well, I'm sort of a huge lover of creepy animals! My phobia of the ocean kind of absorbs all my fear of other things so I'm not at all bothered by spiders or other typical fears! Snakes are gorgeous and peaceful creatures that I admire a lot, almost as much as bats! This love extends to Arbok and Ekans too and they would've been in this slot if it wasn't for how cool Seviper looks with it's sword tail and gold plating! I understand why people don't like this design as it's cluttered and the colors pop out so much but I personally find it has a lot of character! It looks much better in the anime than it does in the games as well so I encourage you to give Seviper a chance! Oh my Seviper would be named Shadow by the way!

Spiders are pretty cool as well, just for the same reason I love bats and snakes, they're just these dudes who are impossibly cool. I think we're tremendously lucky we got creatures in real life who look like this, I mean, just think about it in a void. A creature with eight legs and shoots web, that's crazy awesome, sounds like a fictional creature you make up as a OC but we got em in real life! Ariados takes that Spider look and makes it adorable, I wonder how people with Arachnophobia feel about the design. It's a poison type too so it matches my desire to be a Poison type trainer, which isn't too often seen I don't think! I'm TOXIC!! Either way, my Ariados who's name is Haze is a beloved companion and I bet those webs would be absolutely invaluable as a POKEMON RESCUE RANGER !!!

Whew, man this is a lot, I'm trying to keep things concise too!!

I cannot overstate, how adorable Sneasel is. Like I lack the accurate words to tell you just how much I adore them, absolutely everything about Sneasel is to die for!! The animation in the games and in the anime send me into the stratosphere! My mind is blown at just how cute Sneasel is, it's a little evil cat weasel thing!! That's why I've named my Sneasel, Rowdy! Cause they'd be a wild little thing that runs around and gets into all sorts of antics! I can't really say much else, I'm completely in love with this Pokemon!

Now I'm sure you're all curious as to why I only own a single shiny, when I could go completely wild and have a full team of shiny Pokemon...I spent a long time deliberating about it, seeing as how Shiny Pokemon are supposed to be super rare and all that but I simply couldn't stand not having a shiny Pachirisu. This is another cute Pokemon I adore and can't get enough of seeing, it's a little squirrel and it doesn't evolve at all so it can be a cute squirrel forever!! That's so much fun! The big hitter is that it's shiny is PINK! Somehow you've managed to increase how cute Pachirisu is by twice fold, I would be an utter madman not to have him be shiny. So yeah uuhh, Peachy is a shiny Pachirisu. I didn't neglect to give it a half decent good reason though, which is that since my sona is a POKEMON RESCUE RANGER he would go on adventures to save Pokemon from all sorts of bad guy yeah? Well bad guys love super rare Pokemon so they would go shiny hunting like crazy! Eventually stumbling on a few "jackpots" here and there! Then my guy comes around, rescues the little homies and TADAAA Peachy is saved!! I would of course spice things up and give a much more passionate story to that but uuuh yknow, I think this post is long enough...

[wheezes and wipes sweat off of his face]
and now..for the last pokemon of my crew, my Umbreon Kiwi! I had decided to let my wife name her for me since at the time I couldn't decide on anything at the time I had gotten an Umbreon. At first it was going to be a Sylveon on my roster but I felt like it just didn't meld with the vibe of everybody (except Peachy but he's extra special) Although Umbreon didn't come around just because I wanted an Eeveelution of course, I was watching the anime at the time and I saw an episode featuring Umbreon and Espeon and it charmed me quite a lot! I love cats and black cats most of all and I'm especially a big fan of Umbreon's old Pokedex entry saying it had poisonous sweat. As a poison based guy, I felt like Umbreon was a perfect fit!

AND THAT is my entire thought process behind my homies! Thank you for reading my extremely long explanation! I hope I kept it interesting to read!

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom