• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello, everyone at Bulbagarden Forums!

Carltonus

...the POKéTalker!
Reaction score
Name's Carl. Been a Pokémon fanatic for at least 10 years, but had to sign up here just now when I read the news of Master Ash claiming victory at the World Tournament (sorry about that! too newsworthy and took the world over). Had to post-in my Nicholai-esque cosplay just for this occasion:
SK2_Electrorat.png
Thanks for having me here, also much to you @lisianthus and @Orchid for directing me to the appropriate forum.

Last edited:
^ I think it's okay Lisia; it's such big news that even the official english Pokémon twitter has posted about it, lol.
(But otherwise, yes, for future ref we generally hide anime stuff that hasn't reached the dub yet under [spoiler] tags here :))

I already welcomed you once, but welcome Carltonus! :bulbaWave: Glad you decided to join us.
I agree, your avatar is cute! I've also been very hyped about the outcome of the tournament all day today, so we have something in common. :enzap: Are you gonna be playing Scarlet/Violet next week?

Hope to be seeing you around!

^ I think it's okay Lisia; it's such big news that even the official english Pokémon twitter has posted about it, lol.
(But otherwise, yes, for future ref we generally put anime stuff that hasn't reached the dub yet under [spoiler] tags here :))
I didn't know about that!! I know that Japanese anime news usually isn't talked about in official English circles until the English episodes air, so I thought it would be a not good thing, but thanks for the info oki, I was wrong, sorry!!!

Ooh and question number two, do you have a favorite starter Pokémon for Scarlet/Fiolet?

That "now-hidden text" is all over! the internet, news, etc., spreading like raging wildfire; but thanks for the reminder.
I've also been very hyped about the outcome of the tournament all day today, so we have something in common.
To be fair, had placed my bets on Master Ash losing to Cynthia then to Leon, but overlooked my astrology with regards to the double eleventh, quadranscentennial/silver jubilee, Tapu-Koko, etc., or probably due to the fateful hands of the animators and/or directors.
Hello! [W]hat's your favorite part of Pokémon??
Honestly, there is not one favorite part of mine: (no offense, but) gaming is overrated, cartoons are overrated, comics are overrated, card-collecting is overrated; can't be drunk with the materialist in me. I have cousins playing games or cards, family owning plushes and others; but despite these, I'm in search of anything Pokémon-ic to build up my philosophy, among other things. What else can be brought out after all these creations? But to summarize in one sentence: the harmony with a potential for something more.
[Y]our avatar is cute!!
I agree, your avatar is cute!
You're not the first to say that. My generation should have known about Adobe Flash before being unexpectedly "killed" (not really!) almost two years ago. StrikeForce Kitty is one of those Flash games, it had costumes (in the second and beyond) you can wear based on a few Pokémon. There's the Steam version, if you have seen it. I run a StrikeForce Kitty wiki page under the same Fandom username, it's a bit incomplete but all of the four games that were in Flash have already been covered.
I already welcomed you once, but welcome Carltonus! :bulbaWave: Glad you decided to join us. Are you gonna be playing Scarlet/Violet next week?
[D]o you have a favorite starter Pokémon for Scarlet/Fiolet?
The problem is: haven't had the slightest clue of even playing the games; what can I benefit from this aside from the passing of valuable time? Besides, our Switch is back at home and I'm currently residing somewhere else. The same reasons why I can't decide on a favorite starter for the next-release, this requires more evaluation.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom